Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Autism caused by...HUH?!

ambelamba

I work as an extra on TV and films. There are quite a few people I often work with, because I belong to those 'core' extras who work a lot.

One guy I often work with is...uh...let me tell you this. When he and I were chatting about autism, he told me that interracial marriage causes autism.

You know, I haven't had that many girlfriends in my life, but all of them happened to be Caucasians. I simply couldn't figure out why this guy didn't get beaten up by someone else already.

Even better, he once told people that rape victims were actually rapists in their previous lives.

• Like 1

I work as an extra on TV and films. There are quite a few people I often work with, because I belong to those 'core' extras who work a lot.

One guy I often work with is...uh...let me tell you this. When he and I were chatting about autism, he told me that interracial marriage causes autism.

You know, I haven't had that many girlfriends in my life, but all of them happened to be Caucasians. I simply couldn't figure out why this guy didn't get beaten up by someone else already.

Even better, he once told people that rape victims were actually rapists in their previous lives.

I tell you what you do: Keep a voice recorder on you, and next time he starts spouting off, you beat him over the head and play back that tape with the volume cranked up. Anybody withen hearing distance and half a brain stem will understand.

• Like 3

That's precious...

If anything, I suspect interacial children would be much Less likely to have Austism, since they have more varied genetics, and less chance of recessive suseptibility.

• Like 6

Sounds like a closet KKK member, anxious to preserve the "purity of the race".

Dr. Gregory House, the fictional character of his show House MD once commented on autism was usually found in "upper-middle-class white families of overexpecting parents cannot handle the imperfections their children may have." (not sure if it's what exactly said). It was an episode on a nonverbal child with autism developed a mysterious illness, but Dr. House managed to uncover the causes and treated the child. House's theories don't sound scientific, after all his character is imperfect in his own personal life and career professionalism.

I don't understand myself what causes autism and the frequency of diagnosis found in upper-middle-class white (and esp. boys) children at the first place, maybe they have better access to resources for diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders. I do mean Caucasian children, but be in mind autism is a pandemic affecting so many children today, now 1 out of 88 children are diagnosed autistic.

I happen to have high-functioning autism and was given a diagnosis at age 4 (almost 30 years ago) in the CSULA Diagnostic Hospital, back then the nearest hospital to provide such diagnoses. The doctors assumed I wasn't able to or cannot "speak, write, ride a car or bike, hold a job, and recognize their parents" but they were proven wrong as I managed to live a fairly "normal" life regardless of my disability. More is understood on autism than back in the 1980s and autism is more of a genetic factor than based on race. Interracial mixing isn't the cause of autism and I don't hear much on minority children with autism, despite autism incidence can happen in all races, classes and genders (the ratio of boys with autism Is 80% vs. girls 20%). In the local Autism Society chapter in the Palm Springs area, I've met persons with autism of many backgrounds, so whoever said race-mixing causes autism is ridiculous and inaccurate.

However, my Mom and her paternal side are mixed Native American (Cherokee/Osage) and Caucasian (British and German), then it doesn't prove anything on how, why or what made me have autism. My father's family is from France, then has a history of mental and learning disorders that my half-sister, brother and nephew (his son) have them. My uncle on Mom's side and my cousin said they might have Asperger's, while I noticed my Mom and her sister have been tested for above-average IQs. Family genes are more responsible for autism than someone's racial origin and the mixture of races has little to do with developing autism in their children or descendants.

• Like 1

Well his theory is just as valid as saying autism is caused by vaccines.

Yeah cause injecting poison into infants might as well be the same thing. :whistle:

Yeah cause injecting poison into infants might as well be the same thing. :whistle:

Vaccines have been shown to be unrelated to autism.

• Like 5

You all love ignoring the factthat the specific ingredient you all loved crying about has been removed for over 10 years, yet autism rates still "increase".... hm, gee, can't imagine why that'd be?

• Like 4

never mind the fact that your friend is an idiot, what does this have to do with conspiracies and secret societies?

• Like 3

It really is amazing that there can exist people who believe such preposterous things that can actually be researched scientifically.

Ambelamba, if that person starts spouting off things like "Autism is an Ashkenazi Jewish trait" or something dumb, or identifies him with white supremacism, do not associate with that person. You can be assured he has racist intentions in his comments...like my example of equating high intelligence with autism and Ashkenazi Jews is what some of these neo-Nazis like to do. Don't listen to people thinking they know the causes of autism without pure scientific evidence.

Half Caucasian, half Native American. 3/5 kids in my clan have Autism, including me. Surprisingly, I don't think our Cherokee genes have caused this.

This is about as logical as 'the snow storms are fake'.

What I think is that the rates of Autism have increased due to increases in diagnosing it. Previously people just called autistic kids Dumb. Even 30 years ago when I was in school the "special" kids were not called autistic, they were just labeled as "retarded", or "dumb". Studies in England have shown there is no increase in actual autism rates over the last 60+ years, it is only the labels, and formal diagnosis rates that have increased.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Just the same I think, with all these "intolerances" and things; people never had Lactose intolerance or anything else in the old days, not because it didn't exist but because they didn't know that there was such a thing. it's pretty obvious really.

• Like 2

I work as an extra on TV and films.

How's the work out there? Are the jobs constant? Is that all you do?

How's the work out there? Are the jobs constant? Is that all you do?

Eh...being an art major that's all I can do for now. I feel somewhat fortunate because I can work at least three days per week. I am trying to take an online storyboard class, and probably take a sketching class someday to brush up my skills. I would be lucky if I can work as a prop designer.

society loves to name and categorize things. behaviours are one of the top things they like to name. autism is diagnosed so often now it's a joke.

the one that floors me most is asperger's. now you're not just antisocial and awkward, you have a bona fide disorder that excuses your behaviour.

how convenient.

Still waiting for you to show any evidence for what you're saying.

But I can show you evidence of how thinking such as yours has led to a marked increase in vaccine preventable illnesses across the US, the UK, and Australia.

• Like 1

the one that floors me most is asperger's. now you're not just antisocial and awkward, you have a bona fide disorder that excuses your behaviour.

how convenient.

Asperger's is one of those things that people seem determined to use as an excuse. I recognize that there are many people who have Asperger's who have real issues, but some people act rude and pushy, and then in defense will loudly proclaim that they have a "touch" of Asperger's. As if being 99% normal, with 1 mild trait of Asperger's all of a sudden makes them above the law and exempt from common curtesy. I see the same kinds of people using Diabetes and OCD traits to their advantage also. Using very mild traits to defend their selfish and inappropriate actions.

It makes me sad that having a Label on you gives you free reign to be an idiot.

Why is this thread in this forum again? I missed the memo.

Edit: It's based on a guy that I heard say thus (who is clearly deluded).

Edited by Likely Guy

Why is this thread in this forum again? I missed the memo.

Edit: It's based on a guy that I heard say thus (who is clearly deluded).

yeah. It is more an opinion/story then a conspiricy....

• Like 1