Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bigfoot' sightings claimed in Vermont, Maine

Commander CMG

Two men in Vermont and Maine claim to have seen a "white Bigfoot" in recent weeks while out walking their dogs.

The reports surfaced in Cryptozoology News, a publication that tracks purported sightings of yetis, mermaids, leprechauns and other mythical creatures.

A 20-year-old man in the Shaftsbury, Vt., area claims he saw a tall man-like beast cross the road ahead of him about 5:40 p.m. Jan. 19, the publication reported.

"There was an awful smell in the air. My dog kept barking," the man, identified only by the initials J.H, said, adding a few seconds later his dog became fearful and cowered behind him.

"That's when I thought that something wasn't right. The odor got more intense. I couldn't believe it, I see what looks like a guy in a white costume or something, running across the road, towards the woods, but he -- or it -- was in no hurry."

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 1

OMG!!!!

This is like the National Enquirer of the crypto community.

Check it out: http://cryptozoologynews.com/

• Like 4

/sigh. Pics or it didn't happen, in the age we live in. How people say they see these things, and not whip out some recording device is beyond me.

• Like 1

with such a wide range and such a strong stench, we ought to have one captured any day now.

Bigfeet (Bigfoots?) come in white? I wasn't aware of that.

There's one in the White House, pretending he's black!

• Like 1

Well, I'm convinced.

I mean it isn't like they make white Ghillie suits or anything :whistle:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 3

There's one in the White House, pretending he's black!

Big feet? Questionable. Big ears and ego? Most definitely.

• Like 1

I

/sigh. Pics or it didn't happen, in the age we live in. How people say they see these things, and not whip out some recording device is beyond me.

Even if they did get pictures, everyone would rip them apart and say the pictures were fake. I really think the only evidence that would satisfy the masses would be a body.

• Like 1

Well, I'm convinced.

I mean it isn't like they make white Ghillie suits or anything :whistle:

No, but they do make snow camo suits.

Bigfeet (Bigfoots?) come in white? I wasn't aware of that.

Lilly, this wouldn't be the first sighting of a white Bigfoot that I've heard of, all species do have albinos in them.

• Like 1

No, but they do make snow camo suits.

They make white Ghillies too. But of course! neither was the case here.

It was a Squatch!

Now don't argue.

Edited by QuiteContrary

They make white Ghillies too. But of course! neither was the case here.

It was a Squatch!

Now don't argue.

I wouldn't dream of it.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

I've seen that is one Hawkins. It looks too good to be real so I assume it's a fake.

I've seen that is one Hawkins. It looks too good to be real so I assume it's a fake.

When I heard the heavy breathing I suspected it to be the guy holding the camera phone or his mate.

Didn't think that those devices were that sensitive to audio.

• Like 1

I know for a fact that has it been me there holding the camera you would probably heard me squeal like a girl.

Then I'd have to live with it.

Depending on the camera really as far as sound quality goes. Some have great audio pick up and some don't.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

That is dark woods. Shining a light that is illuminating only small areas of ground to see where to walk and then happen to raise the light and hit the animal square on.

While it obviously heard them approaching/following it and then waited for them? Strikes a pose and then flees?

Someone else asked should the biffs eyes shine when hit by a flashlight if it's anatomy allowed it to see well enough at night to be moving around unimpeded in the woods in such darkness.

Weird black holes for eyes.

I assume no hair, prints, scat, turned up. No further investigation conducted.

Wouldn't you be all over this with an intense search/investigation? If you thought it was real. Of course you would, if you thought it was real.

Are all Foot experiences faster than a 16-year-old boy at his girlfriend's parent's house? Over and Done. Wasn't that amazing!

Edited by QuiteContrary

Hey! It might shock you to know I was once a sixteen year old boy.

Does seem a bit nice of that squatch come in for a photo op, but then some squatches aren't s camera shy it would seem.

• Like 1

with such a wide range and such a strong stench, we ought to have one captured any day now.

If you had ever been up in the Allagash wilderness area, you would understand how there could be whole communities of Sasquatch up there and nobody would ever know it.

Edited by moonshadow60

If you had ever been up in the Allagash wilderness area, you would understand how there could be whole communities of Sasquatch up there and nobody would ever know it.

Good point, but footers can't have it both ways. Bigfoot has also been seen about 15 miles from my house and I live in a metro area of about a million and half people.

• Like 1

when people way the photo would get scrutinized, it is for good reason. many threads we have seen hoax pictures and most members here research and found out evidence that discredits the photo. we can not blindy accept every photo as proof since you might as well tell every one hogsworts is real and be done with evey thing.

• Like 1

Even if they did get pictures, everyone would rip them apart and say the pictures were fake. I really think the only evidence that would satisfy the masses would be a body.

Oh, but it would be ever so much more fun!!

Lilly, this wouldn't be the first sighting of a white Bigfoot that I've heard of, all species do have albinos in them.

I've heard of several also. I've also heard of light grey bigfoot, as if they were elderly. And very blonde bigfoot also, which might look white at a distance.