Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

help with controlling your psychic gifts

em3083

This discussion is to try to help sensitive people come together and learn how to use your abilities. Please no skeptics we hear it enough that were crazy we dont need it again!

• Like 2

Both focal and void types of meditation can be of use. Anything that can be used to help control your thoughts is also a benefit.

• Like 1

I agree totally as long as you are in a safe place I tried meditating and wasn't aware that there was something not good around me and made it a bad experience. I always say be aware of what's around you because meditating can open A door u don't want opened

read, read, read, study, study, study, practice, practice, practice. And use your critical thinking skills and common sense.

• Like 2

Tarot has been really helpful in learning how to interpret information coming across. A lot of times when you first start out it's hard to sort your own emotions from what you gather from others, but the cards aid in discernment.

Meditation! I think without a good base in meditation you can't really learn to sheild yourself effectively.

This discussion is to try to help sensitive people come together and learn how to use your abilities. Please no skeptics we hear it enough that were crazy we dont need it again!

Welcome to UM, Please understand this is an open discussion.

• Like 2

Believe me when I say that when I have dreams of people I don't know then come to find out that person died in a location u were in a day prior is beyond explainable or seeing someone die before they die. How do u explain that? Lack of sleep? Hallucinations? I had this happen more than I can count so that's hard to explain its not just a coincidence. I was skeptical but now I'm not when I see this and it actually happened. I do look at a skeptic point of view before even coming to that conclusion. How do you explain things like that. I have a good appreciation for skeptics they just give us motivation to prove them wrong. I got proof for everything I collected

Welcome to UM, Please understand this is an open discussion.

Similarly, keep in mind that the OP has specified that the purpose of this thread is for people to discuss these abilities without having to argue about their existence. One can argue the self-consistency of a conclusion, but the existence of the ability itself is a given for the purposes of this discussion.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 4

I found it best to work on this type of control when overwhelmed. That way I could control the flow of emotions instead of being swept up in them. Shielding is a common technique found in psionics that's supposed to work, and it does. However most don't realize your just putting up a mental filter, choosing what type of sensory stimuli you want. It's better (in my opinion) to work on control rather than blocking it out.

Similarly, keep in mind that the OP has specified that the purpose of this thread is for people to discuss these abilities without having to argue about their existence. One can argue the self-consistency of a conclusion, but the existence of the ability itself is a given for the purposes of this discussion.

THANK YOU!!

I created this so we could speak freely without having to prove what we see there are children even too that have an ability like this and are ridiculed by people and automatically called crazy even adults have this issue I understand its an open discussion but in all reality we have heard all the ridicule and all the skeptical remarks so if u do have a skeptic thing to say believe me we have heard it. I wanted to create this topic so we were not having to constantly trying to prove people wrong but to learn how to help our community on the spiritual level not to argue whether our gifts are real or not.

• Like 1

I think the first and most important thing to learn once you realize you're a sensitive is protection.

The white light one I find the best for me because I call on God as my protector so I work with both my religious beliefs and strength I have from them to protect me whenever I need it.

Grounding is also a useful tool to know.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you Tia. I learned that very quick when I was investigating a house with known demonic attacks I wasn't protected well and it attached. Was not a good experience but I learned to use my energy as a shield to things of that nature

I sometimes have dreams that are very meaningful.. sometimes predictions... I pick up others peoples feelings at times too. I don't know how to control it. I want to learn.. any suggestions?

I sometimes have dreams that are very meaningful.. sometimes predictions...

Read up on lucid dreaming. Dreams are incredibly interesting, especially when you can be in control of them

I pick up others peoples feelings at times too. I don't know how to control it. I want to learn.. any suggestions?

That is called empathy

• Like 1

Never has been an issue with me. Believe or not, is not something I have neither the time for or mental energy to spend defending myself or converting others.

I do not feel any person is a fool as we all have experience differing from each other I know things you don't you know things I don't I can take an engine from a car and take it apart put it togather again and make it run better than it did not every person can do this other people can start a conversation and become friends with almost any person I cannot do that I have lots of problems along that line mostly I think it is because I feel like I am being played so I don't attach myself to others with strong bonds although I have some friends that I have had for many years I dream sometimes that im someplace else hearing and seeing people talking at those times im an animal or a bird over the time of my life I have come to realize thease conversations are really going on the animal or bird thing I fail to put a name on but it is hard to make friends with someone when you hear what is said when you are not there so I learn about dirt delt me but sometimes im to late finding out I do not really have control over it and I do not have to be asleep but emotionally upset seems to set off some kinda precondition of this response plus I know when someone im close to is hurt or dieing or dead

I totally agree with you Tia. I learned that very quick when I was investigating a house with known demonic attacks I wasn't protected well and it attached. Was not a good experience but I learned to use my energy as a shield to things of that nature

Read up on lucid dreaming. Dreams are incredibly interesting, especially when you can be in control of them

That is called empathyyes ill make a suggestion I find that calming oneself helps take time to reach for those things you want to but seek to go slow and try to not become upset get hold of the idea that it is real then take it like a doctor stay alert and calm so you can think what needs to be done

• Like 1

I don't ever seem to be in control of them it always seems im on the outside looking in seldom on the inside and when I am inside I am so emotionally involved I cant even control myself fear lack of understanding images of horrorible content plague me when I am in the dream from some time or place I have never been in this life makes me wonder about other demensions or possibility of former life

specialy like to have input concerning things going on with me that I don't understand