Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unsolved Triple Murder, North Carolina, 1972

Regi

Not in 72. If this crime had been 02 I might agree it might be a trade in. But back in 72 they didn't do leasing like they do now. Leasing didn't start becoming common till around 2000 or so. People bought to own, not buy to drive for a year. And again because it was one of four- four trade ins that were reconditioned by the MFG and then sent on to one dealership that is also selling the newest model? And of a product line that at best is only in it's third production year? It don't make car sense to try doing that when the product line was just starting. Even today it's not common for a dealership selling 2014 cars to take a shipment of 2012/2013 models of the same thing to try to sell.

I know they didn't do leasing, but they did do trade ins and recalls. It just stood out to me why the Durhams may have been singled out.

I know they didn't do leasing, but they did do trade ins and recalls. It just stood out to me why the Durhams may have been singled out.

I'll quit debating about how I think it wasn't drug car. But what in particular makes you think it was a drug car?

I'll quit debating about how I think it wasn't drug car. But what in particular makes you think it was a drug car?

The story has the victim asking one of his employees to "fuel up a jimmy". There were 4 there, so did the victim suggest a specific vehicle or simply say "a jimmy" (i.e. any 1 of the 4)? Because if the latter, the vehicle is irrelevant to the crime.

• Like 2

You hear in all these crimes show how people try to get rid of a cars that crimes were done in, it was just a thought

Regi going by your article.

The son-in-law told authorities that his wife's mother had called from the house and said three black men were beating Bryce and Bobby Joe Durham. Then the phone went dead.

http://www.journalno...118871ac34.html

Maybe the men were drowning them in the tub, trying to make them confess to where the drugs were.

oh well regi you ought to know me by now and my way out theories :) :) :)

What was the purpose of drowning the Son and Dad, if not for trying to get a confession?

What was the purpose of drowning the Son and Dad, if not for trying to get a confession?

Well, what about the mother whose body was also over into the tub?!

(I've already offered my impression of the drowning on page one of this thread, but here it is again.)

I think from the perp(s) perspective, if the strangling didn't suffice, then drowning would.

It appears to me that the father and son were strangled only to the point where they were unconscious and still alive when they were placed over into the tub.

Actually, if not for their placement over into the tub, I think it's possible that they might have recovered from the strangling. (People have.)

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

(I've already offered my impression of the drowning on page one of this thread, but here it is again.)

I think from the perp(s) perspective, if the strangling didn't suffice, then drowning would.

It appears to me that the father and son were strangled only to the point where they were unconscious and still alive when they were placed over into the tub.

Actually, if not for their placement over into the tub, I think it's possible that they might have recovered from the strangling. (People have.)

According to the causes of death in the articles, the killers may have trying to make them confess to something, since the father and son `s causes of death were drowning. The mother might have also had time to make that call since her nose was bloodied, her blood was found in the den and it was said her cause of death was strangling and she was the last one to be put in the tub.

They could have tie the ropes around the son and father necks, dunking them over and over in the water until they drowned, the mother was beat up and could have been strangled in the den and as the article said was the last one to be put in the tub,

Edited by docyabut2

According to the causes of death in the articles, the killers may have trying to make them confess to something, since the father and son `s causes of death were drowning. The mother might have also had time to make that call since her nose was bloodied, her blood was found in the den and it was said her cause of death was strangling and she was the last one to be put in the tub.

They could have tie the ropes around the son and father necks, dunking them over and over in the water until they drowned, the mother was beat up and could have been strangled in the den and as the article said was the last one to be put in the tub,

Please answer my question.

do we have an evidence mapped house layout?? (ie a layout of the house with the evidence mapped out in it?)

ramsey10.jpg( like that one ,)

do we have an evidence mapped house layout?? (ie a layout of the house with the evidence mapped out in it?)

ramsey10.jpg( like that one ,)

Though the links posted so far? No, I don't think so. Some descriptions but not an image like what you got there. There might be something like that in the officials paperwork though. I don't think any of us has dug for official paperwork? I know I haven't.

• Like 1

Please answer my question.

I thought I did:) according to the article, her cause of her death was strangulation and was the last one to be over the tub. She was beated up in the den and could have been strangled there.

Edited by docyabut2

I thought I did:) according to the article, her cause of her death was strangulation and was the last one to be over the tub. She was beated up in the den and could have been strangled there.

Well, blood on the carpet suggests to me that she was actually laying there....

My question is why take her from the den and place her body over into the tub?

Well, blood on the carpet suggests to me that she was actually laying there....

My question is why take her from the den and place her body over into the tub?

Since she was the one strangled and not drowned, my guess she was just placed with the father and son, maybe after beating her took her in the bath room and then strangled her there and place next to the father and son.

Edited by docyabut2

Since she was the one strangled and not drowned, my guess she was just placed with the father and son, maybe after beating her took her in the bath room and then strangled her there and place next to the father and son.

"Just placed" doesn't explain why.

To add, if this was a planned attack or hit wouldn't the killers have planned a away in and a way out of there? Why take the jimmy and drive it two miles into a ditch.That car still stands out to me :unsure2:

Edited by docyabut2

That's why I said it would be interesting to see the interview of that driver. As in the actual police interview.

Indeed!

That witness' account is crucial to the time-line. That investigator person (the one who doesn't appear to me to know why scenes are staged) stated that the witness saw the Jimmy at 10:30 pm, but then he went on to state that the witness got home at 10:30 pm. :unsure2:

Well, the timing of those events is important because the son-in-law has everyone alive at 10:15 and I seriously question whether there was time to accomplish what was done at the scene.

Edited by regi

Indeed!

That witness' account is crucial to the time-line. That investigator person (the one who doesn't appear to me to know why scenes are staged) stated that the witness saw the Jimmy at 10:30 pm, but then he went on to state that the witness got home at 10:30 pm. :unsure2:

Well, the timing of those events is important because the son-in-law has everyone alive at 10:15 and I seriously question whether there was time to accomplish what was done at the scene.

Thats another point to as why the mother may had time to make that call, the father and son were all ready drowned in the bathroom before they got to her. All she knew was she thought they were beating her husband and son.How long would it have taken to them to strangled her and get out of there?

getaway van , obviously , they took it far enough then dumped it , happpens all the time

If it was a planned attack or a contract killing, the killers would`nt have relied on the victims car to get out them out of there.

If it was a planned attack or a contract killing, the killers would`nt have relied on the victims car to get out them out of there.

they very well could have but to be honest doccy, after the shambles you left the JBR thread in im no longer listening to any of your """theories""""""

• Like 1

He got off the phone and told his wife that her mother had said that three men were beating Bryce and Bobby Joe Durham in a back room.

Since the son in law couldn't hear very well what she was saying, it could have been bath room.

Thats another point to as why the mother may had time to make that call, the father and son were all ready drowned in the bathroom before they got to her. All she knew was she thought they were beating her husband and son.How long would it have taken to them to strangled her and get out of there?

You want me to answer your questions when you won't answer mine? Screw that!

• Like 2

Indeed!

The slight fudge on the timeline bugs me too. 10:15 phone call to someone saw the Jimmy at 10:30 vs 10:15 phone call and someone saw the Jimmy on the way home and were home at 10:30 makes quite a bit of difference in my book.

The timeline is almost too tight for me. If everyone was alive at 10:15 and on outside Jimmy seem at 10:30- That's only 15 minutes to do the killing... And trash the place, all making sure not to leave traces?

I'm speculating... Let's use the 3 men number for the moment- could 3 men have done this in such a short period of time? Or, how much time before 10:15 might be needed to get everything done? Or could it be plausible that it was more than three, and Mrs. only saw three of them?

• Like 1

You want me to answer your questions when you won't answer mine? Screw that!

Sorry Regi,again I thought I did answer you question as to why ,by saying perhaps they strangled the mother in the bath room and then just placed her next to the son and father.

The son in law said when they came in they heard water running, the victims heads were in the water, but it was said there was not one drooped of water on the floor, so the crime must have had to recently happen.

Sorry I guess no one likes my theories or ideas,:( so I `ll just quit posting here on the true crime topics.

The slight fudge on the timeline bugs me too. 10:15 phone call to someone saw the Jimmy at 10:30 vs 10:15 phone call and someone saw the Jimmy on the way home and were home at 10:30 makes quite a bit of difference in my book.

The timeline is almost too tight for me. If everyone was alive at 10:15 and on outside Jimmy seem at 10:30- That's only 15 minutes to do the killing... And trash the place, all making sure not to leave traces?

Oh, yes, we're looking at a very tight timeline, right?! It's one of the reasons I don't buy a 10:15 phone call from the mother-in-law.

I'm speculating... Let's use the 3 men number for the moment- could 3 men have done this in such a short period of time? Or, how much time before 10:15 might be needed to get everything done? Or could it be plausible that it was more than three, and Mrs. only saw three of them?

You know what's funny? I would say that there were not 3 men because that's what Hall said and I don't believe him!