Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Fish car' allows goldfish to drive around

Still Waters

It could give your fish a new lease of life - and allow them to explore the world outside their aquarium.

A team of Dutch researchers has developed a remote control aquarium on wheels that fish can steer themselves.

http://www.dailymail...themselves.html

• Like 1

This is awful.

Not only will it stress the fish out moving around like that - it can't be completely smooth when stopping and starting for example - and owners moving them from tank to toy and back, I can't imagine that people would use properly filtered, cycled and correct temperature water every time they want to show off their funny little fish car. It's also way too small to house 1 goldfish.

Why is it OK to not provide a suitable environment for pet fish?

Edited by Purplos
  • Like 3

This is awful.

Not only will it stress the fish out moving around like that - it can't be completely smooth when stopping and starting for example - and owners moving them from tank to toy and back, I can't imagine that people would use properly filtered, cycled and correct temperature water every time they want to show off their funny little fish car. It's also way too small to house 1 goldfish.

Why is it OK to not provide a suitable environment for pet fish?

I totally agree with what you say. You seem to know about keeping fish. I have been keeping goldfish and tropical fish very successfully for a great many years and I have 4 aquariums at present. What is shown in this video is fish cruelty of a high-tech kind and serves no useful purpose whatsoever. You are very right indeed about not being able to imagine, (nor can I), people using properly filtered, cycled water at the correct temperature every time they would want to show off "their funny little fish car", because any serious fish-keeper wouldn't dream of subjecting their fish to such cruelty. Removing fish from an aquarium that contains water of the hardness, temperature and Ph values that they have become used to, not to mention the gravel and decor, to put them into a contraption like this, just for fun, stresses them and causes their immune systems to temporarily break down making them susceptible to the various disease organisms that are naturally present in even the best kept aquaria. OK, they have proved that the technology works so let's hope they let it go at that and move on to something more beneficial to mankind or even fish-kind.

• Like 1

Free Goldie!

No worries, I hear that water bags will deploy in the event of a high speed crash. Having a tendency to fish-tail out of control is its biggest downside!

• Like 2

This is what fish science has led up to?

Well, if that's the case, count me in!

Finally! My goldfish can drive himself to the pet store!

I am so tired of chauffeuring his dumb ass around.

• Like 5

:hmm: :hmm: What a waste of time

Poor fish, he will never remember where he parked in the supermarket cat park...

• Like 1

I don't want my fish driving around the house while I'm asleep.

Hey, does this thing have fish seat belts ?

• Like 1

What does a fish care about driving around the house at foot level????

"Oh I'm assuming from it's legs that's a lovely table you have there"

Insane.

• Like 1