Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mermaids blamed for drowned prophet

Still Waters

The prophet, Simbarashe Kamupondera, 31, of Nyeredzi Nhatu apostolic sect, met his fate around midday as he was attending to a congregant at the Ruwa River banks when he was swept away by a strong current.

However, the family believes Simbarashe is still alive claiming he was abducted by mermaids known as njuzu in vernacular.

http://nehandaradio....blame-mermaids/

• Like 1

Important note to all fellow UM'ers....

If you ever see me in a river, lake, pond or even a pool... And I am saying "Come and get me", and splashing around frantically...

COME AND GET ME!... Odds are a mermaid is NOT pulling me down.. and even if one was.... COME AND GET ME!

Thank you...

• Like 7

I have a feeling it was not a mermaid, but maybe an alligator or whatever predator eats people in the rivers of that part of Africa.

• Like 1

Just what I was thinking when I read this, Mermaids!!! Those Goddamn Mermaids ruin everything!!

• Like 2

Or maybe he simply couldn't know how to swim. That's a big possibility.

• Like 2

Threat list this week: Bears moved to number two. In the top spot, Mermaids!

• Like 2

Now hold on here. I saw The Little Mermaid with my daughter and mermaids do not abduct people. They fall in love with handsome men, turn into beautiful women, and marry the men with whom they fall in love (with a lot of singing mixed in as needed).

Now that I've cleared that up, it's back to work.

• Like 4

A person who has the potential (even if they don't realise it) to become an'anga might disappear into the water. They might be away a long time, perhaps even up to a year. Their family must not cry or mourn for them, because they have just gone to another place, they're not dead, and if the family does mourn they will die and their body will be washed up on the shore.

So basically you will die either way^.

• Like 1

So basically you will die either way^.

Nah, one might survive and come back according to the lore tidbit I shared. Of course that tidbit wasn't an end all font on the subject. But I thought it was interesting because it did help explain/back up what the family claim was. I'm not saying I believe the lore, I'm rather of the belief you die either way too.. or at least this guy for sure died.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 1

Now hold on here. I saw The Little Mermaid with my daughter and mermaids do n8ot abduct people. They fall in love with handsome men, turn into beautiful women, and marry the men with whom they fall in love (with a lot of singing mixed in as needed).

Well I've seen Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides and I have to disagree... mermaids are some cold blooded killers

• Like 1

Here's a better idea: STAY OUT OF THE WATER.

That way, the mermaids can't get you.

...assuming they don't suddenly develop legs or something...

If "mermaid" is the Zimbabwean word for crocodile, then yes, the mermaids got him.

Now hold on here. I saw The Little Mermaid with my daughter and mermaids do not abduct people. They fall in love with handsome men, turn into beautiful women, and marry the men with whom they fall in love (with a lot of singing mixed in as needed).

Don't forget about the jamaican crab, mon.

• Like 1