Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virgin Mary statue that 'weeps' oil

Still Waters

Hundreds of people have flocked to a small town in northern Israel to view a statue of the Virgin Mary that residents say "weeps" oil.

Members of a Christian family from Tarshiha, near the Lebanon border, say they have witnessed a miracle in their living room.

http://www.telegraph...-weeps-oil.html

Video -

http://uk.news.yahoo...-130019648.html

• Like 1

Wonder how many barrels it pumps out a day.

• Like 2

Keep your eyes on it or before you know it, Argentina will be claiming that the Lebanon belongs to them!

• Like 2

weeping oil must be worth billions

I couldn't see any oil other then the gloss of the paint. They need to get someone in there to investigate it properly.

• Like 1

Catholicism 'again' reveals the Devil ..did you know 100% of stigmata are among Catholics, did you know Jesus was seen in a slice of toast in a Catholic home, did you know the Grand Inquisition (the most evil knowing event in all history of humankind) was Catholic

• Like 2

Oil... As tears? I wonder... what religious message that is sending.

It may have something to do with the paint itself or else a mechanism put in the status itself? Such things are not impossible..

Without a close examination of the status itself, there is no way to know for sure.

Catholicism 'again' reveals the Devil ..did you know 100% of stigmata are among Catholics, did you know Jesus was seen in a slice of toast in a Catholic home, did you know the Grand Inquisition (the most evil knowing event in all history of humankind) was Catholic

There are many in Evangelical Christian circles who consider Roman Catholicism the world's largest cult, with millions of adherents. Author Dave Hunt called himself "the most hated man in Christendom" for speaking out against the Roman Church and it's bloody history regarding Evangelical Protestants, and it has martyred many.

As of the the most evil event in history, I would say the Inquisition has some tough competitors in Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot and so forth.

• Like 1

It would be quite easy to have it examined in a lab to see what it is made of,any holes,etc. The oil could be also checked out. There have been a few weeping pictures of the Virgin Mary.Our Lady of Mariapoch in Hungary and Our Lady of Syracuse in Italy. There are also some eucharistic miracles involving the host or communion wafer.you can always Google this. God can do whatever He decides to do. Not everything is a fraud.

Every few years these gullible people witness something or other oozing out from eyes, ears, mouths, bums or nose from the odd religious paintings, statues etc...

The Catholic Church is one of the most corrupt and controlling institution on the planet B)

• Like 1

I remember a few years back where my home town had a church that claimed that a statue weaped. It was really big and there was a thread or five on UM about it. As it turned out, when the church reluctantly allowed researchers to examine it they found pin holes and some one was putting wax in, when it got warm enough (church had no air conditioning) the wax would melt and tears would begin. I wouldn't be supprised this is the same situation.

• Like 3

why does it have to weep? these always involve some kind of secretion.

Why dont they smile?

Hmmmm...a statue that p**ses itself...now that I'd travel to see.

the Grand Inquisition (the most evil knowing event in all history of humankind) was Catholic

Now now, don't be hyperbolic, I'm sure the Catholics have done worse things then that!

• Like 1

It would be quite easy to have it examined in a lab to see what it is made of,any holes,etc. The oil could be also checked out. There have been a few weeping pictures of the Virgin Mary.Our Lady of Mariapoch in Hungary and Our Lady of Syracuse in Italy. There are also some eucharistic miracles involving the host or communion wafer.you can always Google this. God can do whatever He decides to do. Not everything is a fraud.

I like it when God makes an Elephant headed Hindu deity statue drink Milk.

Forget about God eliminating Cancer as a gesture of goodwill to his creation, and a show of his omnipotence.Just bring on the silly stuff that only people that want to believe will believe no matter the evidence against it.

• Like 1