Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the only reason I believe Big Foot exists

mygrassisgreen

Because Les Stroud says so.... and Les Stroud aint no *Snip* liar.......

[media=]

Edited by Still Waters
Removed profanity

the only reason i do not want bigfoot to exist, is so i can laugh at the people who dedicate their lives hunting something that does not exist

Because Les Stroud says so.

That´s obvious.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

Because some survivalist said he believed in this is the reason you believe it exist great logic their lol.

• Like 1

If I heard it from a wildlife biologist who made their living observing bears in the Pacific Northwest, then I would believe it.

An entertainer, no.

• Like 1

I like watching Survivorman and Stroud has always seemed down-to-earth, as much as I can tell from watching a television show, anyway.

However, for me personally:

1. Bigfoot is never described as making the "oo-oo-oo" noises, as Stroud describes he heard in Alaska, that I have ever heard about. And I can't assume the "oo-oo-oo" sound he heard was even connected to the crashing through the woods he heard after the "oo-oo-oo".

2. Stroud had no visuals in either encounter.

3. I can’t assume these two incidents prove an unproven undocumented unknown as of yet mythical creature exists.

4. I don't know Stroud personally, to vouch one way or the other for his honesty, propensity for “story”telling, etc.

5. He said he pitched a new show to NBC where he searches for bigfoot. His recalling of these “encounters” serve as a perfect "trailer" for this new show idea.

6. He claims how out in the middle of nowhere he was, like people wouldn’t be there, yet he’s a people and he was there.

7. Again, nothing solid (see #8) for me to hang a belief in the existence of bigfoot on. Just some guy’s story is all it is, until he finds one on his new show :P .

8. Again, he made no attempt to find any evidence or pursue the culprit to identify it. Too bad, as he takes clear video!!!

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 6

The non-believer police are going to come to your home QC, and dance in your yard.

The non-believer police are going to come to your home QC, and dance in your yard.

I bet they'll leave plenty of shoeprints too! :D

----------------------------

Hey, if Stroud finds the Beast, I'll dance in his yard. :nw:

Well, maybe not, it's not much of a reward :no: more like a penalty... :yes:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

In the case of Les Stroud, he's a very experienced guy, by that I mean he's spent a great deal of time in the wilderness and so he's going to be more in tune with something that seems out of place. Which isn't proof of anything, but it does make you sort of raise an eyebrow.

Personally, I like Bear Gryll better but that's me.......but wait.....Bear hasn't had a Bigfoot experience either? Hmmmm?

• Like 1

If I'd seen one, I might be quiet about it. You never know how people will react to it and I'm getting too old to get into a fights.

So, he is working with Discovery on a " Surviving with Bigfoot " series huh?......Hmmmmm.....And with Todd Standing???? ( known / proven liar, fraud )......Really?

Survivorman’s got Sasquatch — and the fact that he may live right here in Alberta — on his mind.

In fact, according to Calgary’s Todd Standing, the head of research group Sylvanic, Les Stroud has been in talks with him for years on organizing a expedition to find the beast of many names but most commonly referred to as Bigfoot or Sasquatch..........

Nah, he is not trying to get any attention now is he?......Pretty pathetic when your trust is based off of them being a celebrity, and on TV.

No way, celebrities do not lie.......Or do they.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: When Brad was still married to Jennifer Aniston, he and Angelina denied getting romantically involved while making the film Mr. & Mrs. Smith together. However, years later, Angelina cooed to an interviewer that their kids would appreciate the film one day because: “Not a lot of people get to see a movie where their parents fell in love.”

Angelina Jolie: The actress said on Inside the Actor’s Studio that her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, was part Iroquois, making Angelina part American Indian as well. But Angelina’s dad, Jon Voight, later revealed that was a lie that he and Marcheline (who died in 2007) concocted to make her seem more exotic.

osh Duhamel and Fergie: The Black Eyed Peas singer vehemently denied she was pregnant with her and hubby Josh Duhamel’s first child earlier this year. Josh also told a red carpet reporter at his Safe Haven premiere “no” Fergie wasn’t pregnant, even though she sported what looked like a baby bump. Soon after that, however, Fergie confirmed the news via Twitter, sharing, “Josh & Me & BABY makes three!!!”

Kim Kardashian: Last year, Nick Cannon revealed Kim had lied to him when they briefly dated in 2006. The reality star denied to Nick that she had made a sex tape with boyfriend Ray J in 2003. In 2007, however, the shocking tape was released and helped fuel Kim’s fame. “She [had] told me there was no tape,” Nick sighed to Howard Stern.

Mario Lopez: The Extra and X Factor host told Wendy Williams on her talk show that he was friends with all his exes. But Ali Landry, who was briefly married to Mario, cried foul, telling Wendy, “That’s a lie.” In fact, Ali would never be friends with Mario because she’d caught him cheating on her during their marriage. “He still denied it,” she recalled. “He never apologized.”

Shania Twain: In a controversial move, the country singer got herself registered as a 50 percent North American Indian—even though it was her stepfather, Jerry Twain, who was a true-blooded member of the Ojibwa First Nation, not her biological dad, Clarence Edwards. “I don’t know how much Indian blood I actually have in me,” Shania hedged, but added, “That is my heart and my soul, and I’m very proud of it.”

Whoopi Goldberg: Incredibly, the actress and The View co-host is one celebrity who pretended to be older instead of younger! According to Whoopi, at the beginning of her career, she lied about her age and added six years because “nobody would hire me to act. Everyone said I was too young.” Her correct year of birth is 1955, making her now 57, not 1949 (or 63) as has sometimes been reported.

Diana Ross: The famed diva listed her husband Robert Silberstein as her daughter Rhonda’s dad on her birth certificate. But when Rhonda was 13, Diana finally admitted to her that her real father was legendary Motown honcho and Ross mentor Berry Gordy.

Miley Cyrus: For a March 2013 Cosmopolitan article, the star misled everyone by referring to fiancé Liam Hemsworth as “my hubby” and also said, “I’m married.” Not true! Her rep had to deny Miley and Liam had secretly wed. Miley apparently meant she was totally committed to the actor, but lately, rumors have swirled about a breakup.

Chris Brown: In an extraordinary appearance on Larry King Live after his Rihanna abuse incident, Brown pretended he “didn’t remember” it and also claimed he never had a history of violence. King had to point out to the fibbing singer his past offenses against Rihanna.

Jennifer Lopez: The star claimed she was born in 1970—until she and then-boyfriend P. Diddy were questioned about a shooting incident that had occurred in a nightclub. She had to tell police the truth, that she was born in 1969 (which is also the year P. Diddy was born).

Sean “P. Diddy” Combs: The rap mogul once claimed he was the owner of a private jet, but said he flies commercially to avoid paying high fuel costs. It was discovered the P. Diddy never owned a plane but instead rented it by the hour.

The White Stripes: It was more than a little white lie when Jack and Meg White lied for years about their relationship, telling people think they were brother and sister. In fact, they used to be a married couple! Jack said they decided presenting themselves as exes would take the attention away from their music so they concocted a different connection.

James Frey: The author became the toast of the publishing world after he wrote a searing memoir about his recovery from drug addiction called “A Million Little Pieces.” Oprah Winfrey hailed Frey as a hero who could set an example for other kids on drugs, but he was later exposed as a fake who had made up much of the book and he had to answer to the talk show queen about his lies.

Tonya Harding: The ice skater denied knowledge of the knee-smacking attack on her nearest competition, Nancy Kerrigan, before the 1994 Olympic Games. Harding eventually confessed to helping arrange the attack to usurp her rival for a spot on the Olympic team, but she avoided jail time.

Pete Rose: The tarnished former baseball star and manager spent years saying he gambled, but NEVER bet on baseball games. But in his 2004 book, My Prison Without Bars, Rose finally ‘fessed up about having gambled on his own sport.

Rick Ross: The Smoking Gun proved that the rapper once worked for 18 months as a correctional officer, but Ross denied it. After overwhelming evidence came out, including pictures, however, Ross later admitted he did work as a correctional officer in Florida during the early 1990s.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

I like Les and watch his show, but a primatologist he is not, which is evident when he called the billie ape a skunk ape, and described them as giant chimps that were found in Vietnam. He also said no one believed in them before they were found, which is not true and is the standard crypto claim for everything that ever lived.

But he blew it for me, as he expressed a financial interest in a show about him finding bigfoot...soooo therefore he has an interest in perpetuating the myth, to generate interest and income in his version of finding bigfoot, and no credibility (as far as bigfoot goes) in my book.

I am a bit disappointed that he used the standard crypto argument "I have never seen a dead black bear", and he mentioned Todd Standing as if he might be credible guy. He almost sounded like Matt Moneytaker, and his band of clowns. Les is going to cash in on the gullible like all the other bigfoot snake oil peddlers out there. So disappointing Les, so disappointing.

About his Alaska story. I was thinking the noise he heard may have been a wood bison? I don't know where he was, or if there are wood bison in that area, but I worked on cattle ranches growing up, and they (the cattle) make a similar whooping sound sometimes. And bison are nothing more than wild cattle, just sayin.

• Like 2

I like Les and watch his show, but a primatologist he is not, which is evident when he called the billie ape a skunk ape, and described them as giant chimps that were found in Vietnam. He also said no one believed in them before they were found, which is not true and is the standard crypto claim for everything that ever lived.

But he blew it for me, as he expressed a financial interest in a show about him finding bigfoot...soooo therefore he has an interest in perpetuating the myth, to generate interest and income in his version of finding bigfoot, and no credibility (as far as bigfoot goes) in my book.

I am a bit disappointed that he used the standard crypto argument "I have never seen a dead black bear", and he mentioned Todd Standing as if he might be credible guy. He almost sounded like Matt Moneytaker, and his band of clowns. Les is going to cash in on the gullible like all the other bigfoot snake oil peddlers out there. So disappointing Les, so disappointing.

About his Alaska story. I was thinking the noise he heard may have been a wood bison? I don't know where he was, or if there are wood bison in that area, but I worked on cattle ranches growing up, and they (the cattle) make a similar whooping sound sometimes. And bison are nothing more than wild cattle, just sayin.

:nw:

I assure you, Todd Standing is worse then Matt.

Todd has been caught in many lies, including saying the Mounted Canadian Mounties were on a search and rescue mission for him during his " Savania " trip. ( spelling )

The entire thing is a joke. I am very disapointed in Les, and now will no longer watch him.

• Like 2

I recall hearing of guys talking about "Rock Apes" in Nam, but there were all sorts of monkeys depending on where you were located.

Not to sound like I'm taking up for Les, but that might just be his experience. I've been lucky enough to find a Grizzly skeleton, but I know a lot of people with even more hiking experience than me who never found one. Sadly, that is an old argument but many footers.

I don't know Les Stroud. Never watched his show. But this looks like marketing to me. He is advertising a product. I'm not saying that this guy didn't hear something that he couldn't identify. That's really common, and nothing to be ashamed of, even if you are experienced in the woods and are familiar with wildlife. I mistook a badger with a mythical man-eating beast once :yes:. Now, making a TV show about it, and associating yourself with liers and con artists is a completely different thing. He is trying to make money out of the people that believes in Bigfoot in exactly the same way that those other shows he criticizes. Even if his methods for "finding" Bigfoot make more sense than those of his competitors, a bull**** merchant is still a bull**** merchant. I think Sakari's quotation of Nixon says it all.

Edited by Galego

In the case of Les Stroud, he's a very experienced guy, by that I mean he's spent a great deal of time in the wilderness and so he's going to be more in tune with something that seems out of place. Which isn't proof of anything, but it does make you sort of raise an eyebrow.

Personally, I like Bear Gryll better but that's me.......but wait.....Bear hasn't had a Bigfoot experience either? Hmmmm?

Probably because Bear spends most of his time in hotel rooms and not actually in the wild... His shows are almost nearly all staged and built for a TV audience. I am not a big fan of Les but I did enjoy his latest serious where he spent time with several different indigenous tribes in different locations plus he doesn't appear to be that good at actually surviving in most environments in the earlier shows.

I prefer Ray Mears. as for the ridiculous dual survival and the ones with the man and wife rubbish... You can keep them.

• Like 1

Probably because Bear spends most of his time in hotel rooms and not actually in the wild... His shows are almost nearly all staged and built for a TV audience. I am not a big fan of Les but I did enjoy his latest serious where he spent time with several different indigenous tribes in different locations plus he doesn't appear to be that good at actually surviving in most environments in the earlier shows.

I prefer Ray Mears. as for the ridiculous dual survival and the ones with the man and wife rubbish... You can keep them.

Oh thank God, now I can sleep at night.

:whistle:

Strange thing I find about this is that I heard the same sound at my house in south west Louisiana. As you may know we have lots of rodents aka opossum, armadillo, coons ect. Well I was sitting on my roof with my gun to kill what was tearing up trash. Like what anyone else does down south. There was a loud crashing noise in the woods behind the house accompanied by an ape sound that went on for about 2 minutes. If u live in the south I know better than to run around the woods trying to mess with people because 90% of them are armed. Strangest unexplained thing that I have experienced.

Edited by dalekeniry

Strange thing I find about this is that I heard the same sound at my house in south west Louisiana. As you may know we have lots of rodents aka opossum, armadillo, coons ect. Well I was sitting on my roof with my gun to kill what was tearing up trash. Like what anyone else does down south. There was a loud crashing noise in the woods behind the house accompanied by an ape sound that went on for about 2 minutes. If u live in the south I know better than to run around the woods trying to mess with people because 90% of them are armed. Strangest unexplained thing that I have experienced.

redneck-sofa-roof-50cal-funny-pictures-1284831919.jpg

Edited by Sakari

guy in the woods a lot who films a lot of what he does there happens to not have the camera on when he has a bigfoot encounter.

:unsure2:

• Like 1

8. Again, he made no attempt to find any evidence or pursue the culprit to identify it. Too bad, as he takes clear video!!!

Until he actually has that video, and then it will be just as shaky, just as blurry as ALL other bigfoot video "evidence".

guy in the woods a lot who films a lot of what he does there happens to not have the camera on when he has a bigfoot encounter.

:unsure2:

Yup. Not surprising at all.

I pointed out Les is with Todd Standing......

Here : http://squatchdetect...om/sylvanic.htm

This helps clarify my point about how even intelligent experienced outdoorspeople can claim a belief or be on the fence about a 8-10 foot tall bipedal creature roaming NA.

Stroud says he's been out with Standing and vouches for how intelligent he is. So, even Stroud, a very experienced outdoorsman, has fallen for the spiel.

And others as well.

There are all kinds of people to make the world go round.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2