Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran Parliament: "Death to America!"

DC09

imagine what your life would be like if you were not allowed to pick your child up from school or show your face in public for fear of a stoning

this is my favourite. i just love the imagination some people have laugh.gif .

334655[/snapback]

I was speaking of the Burka, first of all, which does not allow anyone in public to see the face of the bearer.

I was also speaking of a mother's rights, or lack there of, to take her own child home from school.

Read up a bit, I did not fathom this out of thin air.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• alis

• girty1600

• Erikl

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is at the crux of the problem. Wun and others do see these countries as democracies like their own and try to come up with solutions that will fit in their world. And like Erikl said there is no comparison, you cannot compare.

I like the way babs reads every comment and opinion as if it were black and white. lol lol lol .

i like the way wunarmdscissor states the obvious and then sticks his head in the sand. blink.gif

And erikl if you heard your country being called part of an axis of evil , you wouldnt take it personally???

Ofcourse I would - again, you compare democracy (Israel) with a totalitarian theocracy (Iran).

When one call a totalitarian regime evil, it is correct, and it isn't directed to the entire population, because this leadership wasn't chosen (or at least not in the democratic way) by the population.

When you insult a regime chosen by the people, you insult the people.

Democracies reflect their people's aspirations (idealy), while theocracies and other forms of dictatorship don't.

alis, why don't 'you' tell us about Iran? We would like to know about the culture and how the women are treated.

i would love to give you examples, such as how my aunt has just started up her own beauty salon there , and how one of my cousin's is travelling through Germany at the moment as a sort of long holiday after finishing uni in Iran, or how my youngest aunt decided on her own accord to move to america and study to become a chiropractor and set up a clinic, or how one of my younger cousin's is teaching English in an evening school as a part time job in tehran, but i fear you want to believe they're all locked up and beaten constantly. sad.gif

i like the way wunarmdscissor states the obvious and then sticks his head in the sand.  blink.gif

334708[/snapback]

laugh.gifthumbsup.gif

alis, why don't 'you' tell us about Iran? We would like to know about the culture and how the women are treated.

i would love to give you examples, such as how my aunt has just started up her own beauty salon there , and how one of my cousin's is travelling through Germany at the moment as a sort of long holiday after finishing uni in Iran, or how my youngest aunt decided on her own accord to move to america and study to become a chiropractor and set up a clinic, or how one of my younger cousin's is teaching English in an evening school as a part time job in tehran, but i fear you want to believe they're all locked up and beaten constantly. sad.gif

334768[/snapback]

Its not like the women in my nation have it so great either, we get our asses beat sometimes.

Can you honestly say that women in Iran are treated as equals to men? If you can prove that to me I will *bow out* and offer an apology

334768[/snapback]

alis wrote:

...but I fear you want to believe they're all locked up and beaten constantly.

blink.gifhuh.gif This is the kind of thinking I was talking about in another thread, about how women condone most of what is done to them in these cultures_ women are brought up to think that this is acceptable and it is even law in these cultures. You must think it is okay for women to be locked up and beaten on occasion.

Women are beaten here, too, so don't be saying it is glorious over there. cool.gif Are you an Iranian in the UK?

Edited by Babs

imagine what your life would be like if you were not allowed to pick your child up from school or show your face in public for fear of a stoning

this is my favourite. i just love the imagination some people have laugh.gif .

334655[/snapback]

334673[/snapback]

Why dont you come and see for yourself, Babs original.gif You can count on me for showing you around cool.gif

wowsaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, no flirting on this thread! tongue.gif

Gee zephyr I wonder if I could come visit youre country as well... rolleyes.gif

Oh too bad I'm "Evil Zionist" (according to youre government) disgust.gif...

Anyhow, when youre country will become a democracy, you can count that I'll come and visit. I always wanted to come to Iran, to do ski there and visit Cyrus the Great's tomb original.gif.

Anyhow, when youre country will become a democracy, you can count that I'll come and visit. I always wanted to come to Iran, to do ski there and visit Cyrus the Great's tomb original.gif.

334884[/snapback]

Let's hope we all can do this--travel anywhere without having prejudices thrown over yourself from left to right. original.gif

This is the kind of thinking I was talking about in another thread, about how women condone most of what is done to them in these cultures_ women are brought up to think that this is acceptable and it is even law in these cultures. You must think it is okay for women to be locked up and beaten on occasion.

Women are beaten here, too, so don't be saying it is glorious over there.  Are you an Iranian in the UK?

did i say it was glorious in Iran?, no, did i say it was ok to beat up women on occasion?, no! So dont go putting words into my mouth please. i am telling you what i know of the country first hand, which i think is a bit more than you, and that is my female relatives arent being beaten and/or locked up constantly OR on occasion. Besides wasnt it your government who let OJ Simpson off for the murder of his wife? what are your thoughts on that babs?

and no im half and half living in the UK with one of those nasty woman beating ME fathers w00t.gif

Edited by alis

That is my point, women are beaten eveywhere...don't go saying it is better in Iran because we know it is far worse! Are you reading my post or is it me?

Why don't you come and see for yourself Babs original.gif You can count on me showing you around cool.gif

....enchanted zep. wub.gif Do I need to bring my 357? cool.gifgrin2.gif

Edited by Babs

That is my point, women are beaten eveywhere...don't go saying it is better in Iran because we know it is far worse! Are you reading my post or is it me?

i have never once said it is better in Iran, are you reading my posts? wacko.gif . I think it is global. When i was a child i lived in a street where a murder of a little girl was committed while i lived there. When the police found her, they said they didn't know what colour she was because she was so badly beaten. It turned out she was beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend. this happened in a tiny village, basically on my doorstep. i cant help thinking that if he was able to beat a little girl to death (or anyone), how about all the times he was just beating her before her untimely tragic death sad.gif .

because we know it is far worse

you should take Zephyr up on his offer, its never too late to learn something new.

Edited by alis

I think it is global. When i was a child i lived in a street where a murder of a little girl was committed while i lived there. When the police found her, they said they didn't know what colour she was because she was so badly beaten. It turned out she was beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend. this happened in a tiny village, basically on my doorstep. i cant help thinking that if he was able to beat a little girl to death (or anyone), how about all the times he was just beating her before her untimely tragic death sad.gif .

335389[/snapback]

Violence against women is a global problem, but one that is more severe in radical islamic cultures, where it is a cultural norm. In fact, iread somewhere that for radical muslims, when a boy comes of age he is supposed to beat up his mom to prove his manhood. That is messed up.

There is a growing trend towards overcoming this problem, and the US is one of the leaders in this trend. Granted, we still have out problems. OJ is a great example. By using his money, he was able to get great lawyers who convinced 12 people that there was a "reasonable" doubt about his guilt, so he was found not guilty. A not guilty verdict is not a verdict of innocent, mind you.

In fact, iread somewhere that for radical muslims, when a boy comes of age he is supposed to beat up his mom to prove his manhood. That is messed up.

its funny cos i read somewhere that the Pope doesnt allow girls even as young 9 who have been raped and made pregnant by their fathers or anyone, to have an abortion. Its a **** world isnt it!Radical muslims, Christians, Jews, and even a couple of weeks ago my mum had jehovah witnesses come to our door and tell her that God disowns and banishes any person who commits a sin on this earth wacko.gif .

Wun i can honestly tell you that i have never heard of a boy beating up his mum in Iran or anywhere on this planet, to prove his manhood or anything else wacko.gif . If its custom for radicals to think like this, it is something i was completely unaware of. My father, who was not brought up radicals, was not taught or shown violence.

Edited by alis

Don't believe a word of it Alis...He read it 'someplace'....Probably the right wing Americas version of the Beano (?)

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

alis wrote:

...pope doesn't allow girls even as yung as nine who have been raped and made pregnant by their fathers or anyone to have an abortion

I agree here. It is a male-dominated world, alis, and your part of the globe is even more horrific for women. ph34r.gifcrying.gif I realize that this hurts your pride, but let's not cover up the truth about how most women are treated in the middle east.

Wun i can honestly tell you that i have never heard of a boy beating up his mum in Iran or anywhere on this planet, to prove his manhood or anything else

Where did i say anything about that?????????????????????????????????

Your mistaking me with someine else.

Independent said that .....and I can believe that..... because 'domestic terrorists' (batterers) will beat up their own mothers. ohmy.gif

Domestic violence and domestic terrorism is the same thing in the domestic violence field. Then you have the global terrorism_foreign terrorists_ which act in the same manner_same dynamics. So, I think that this is true, in some parts as Independent stated.