Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Obamacare on death's door?

Merc14

Are you suggesting that 99.9% of people will sign up for Obamacare

No because 80-90 percent of the US is already insured and could care less about Obamacare.

No because 80-90 percent of the US is already insured and could care less about Obamacare.

This little dance you do all the time? You protect it like it's your baby and treat it as just as important and then when you get p***ed you describe it as insignificant.

This little dance you do all the time? You protect it like it's your baby and treat it as just as important and then when you get p***ed you describe it as insignificant.

It's not a dance. Lies are lies. Facts are facts. Except for Republicans where lies are facts.

It's not a dance. Lies are lies. Facts are facts. Except for Republicans where lies are facts.

That's not what I was getting act. I'm asking how you go from doing backflips for the ACA to dismissing its significance all at the same time. Doesn't matter. I have another question to ask you now. Do democrats lie?

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

Except when you get a letter from your employer saying due to the ACA legislation the insurance that you had been using will be canceled and you'll have to now use a lower grade insurance with the same costs as before.

When that 80-90% of people's insurance is greatly affected they do care.

• Like 1

"If you like the healthcare plan you have, you can can keep it". to many to link, google it

"I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office." he doubled it and then some

i can link a lot more lies he has made and they are all whoppers and career-enders for any other man. How about the Benghazi lies he and Hillary told for weeks that were completely and utterly untrue! You won't see it on NBC, CBS or ABC but check out the Brit papers and they'll let you know. Nixon is a cherub compared to this guy but he is a democrat and so is safe from scrutiny by the media.

If you'd like more, ninja, just ask. "Read my lips, no new taxes " is chicken ****e to this guy's lies.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

lol obamas campaign lies. Didnt he promise the first thing he was going to do in office was close Guantanamo Bay... well that never happened lol

And i like memes so get off me.

obama-indefinite-detention-hypocrite.jpg

2006-2013-bho-hypocrite.jpg

barack-obama-FDA-GMO-label.jpg

hypocrisy-obama.jpg

And of course my favorite, he sounded reasonable but it seems his answer was to give the NSA power to spy on everyone all the time without a warrant. goodbye fourth amendment.

"We all agreed that we needed legislation to make it harder for suspected terrorists to go undetected in this country. Americans everywhere wanted that.

But soon after the PATRIOT Act passed, a few years before I ever arrived in the Senate, I began hearing concerns from people of every background and political leaning that this law didn't just provide law enforcement the powers it needed to keep us safe, but powers it didn't need to invade our privacy without cause or suspicion.

Now, at times this issue has tended to degenerate into an 'either-or' type of debate. Either we protect our people from terror or we protect our most cherished principles. But that is a false choice. It asks too little of us and assumes too little about America."

Senator Barack Obama

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

Ohh and how could i forget these littel ones :P

OBAMA-SEALTEAM6.jpg

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

ninja has his work cut out for him. well, not really since he is pretty much on the Chris Matthews track where reality is only what you think it is in your wildest dreams and Obama makes your leg tingle. I have no doubt our ninja's leg has tingled mightily over the last 6 years of Obama. Yeeechh. The liberal religion is as repulsive as all the others

Edited by Merc14

What does any of that stuff have to do with healthcare? You're all just anti Obama and think it's funny, and you look really, really dumb and childish.

• Like 1

My point being that he is clearly lies alot. Just like" if you like your healthcare plan you can keep it".

So when Obama declares that Obamacare was a success i am highly skeptical. He seems to ignore the people who lost insurance in his equation plus alot of the stuff in the ACA bill has not even been implemented yet.( conveniently pushed back until after elections :P)

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

How long will it take to find out that he lied about the 7.1 million??

• Like 1

If someone is in charge of something that is very important, to the whole nation, is it not important to understand if that person is a liar or not? Why do people even question people questioning politically slanted legislation?

I think it would be childish to just take the word of someone that everything will be fine, and simply sit around and hope that things get better. It is the actions of an adult to work toward understanding the situation and working to improve the situation.... legislation... for everyone. And it is naive to believe the ACA has no faults.

• Like 1

If someone is in charge of something that is very important, to the whole nation, is it not important to understand if that person is a liar or not? Why do people even question people questioning politically slanted legislation?

I think it would be childish to just take the word of someone that everything will be fine, and simply sit around and hope that things get better. It is the actions of an adult to work toward understanding the situation and working to improve the situation.... legislation... for everyone. And it is naive to believe the ACA has no faults.

That's why when people like Andy feel the need to call us out, like he's facing a bully hurting someone's feelings, I could care less. These people in office put themselves in the position to be scrutinized and over analyzed. No one made them seek office. It's part of the job and it is our civic duty to be a pain in their ass. Guys like Andy are the perfect complacent citizens these guys in office hope for us all to be. Never apologize or feel bad when scrutinizing and badgering the people and policies that have detrimental effects on the well being of our country. Too bad, so sad.

• Like 1

That's why when people like Andy feel the need to call us out, like he's facing a bully hurting someone's feelings, I could care less. These people in office put themselves in the position to be scrutinized and over analyzed. No one made them seek office. It's part of the job and it is our civic duty to be a pain in their ass. Guys like Andy are the perfect complacent citizens these guys in office hope for us all to be. Never apologize or feel bad when scrutinizing and badgering the people and policies that have detrimental effects on the well being of our country. Too bad, so sad.

Well being?! Haha! Healthcare isn't taking care of the well being of our country? Ok.

What detrimental effects does it have?

And the only reason I call you out is because you complain about every single thing Obama does. Everything. Literally.

I'm not a complacent citizen by any means, you don't know me well enough to say that. I strongly dislike any government and feel as if they are putting chains on people from the day they are born. Healthcare is a good thing for us, all of us. It will improve over time and I don't understand why you are so up in arms against it. I believe you don't like it because you watch too much Fox News, or you aren't getting the full side of the story or just don't care. Actually, I think it's truly because you think your "freedom" is being taken away. Guys like you fess, are the reason nothing ever changes, moves forward, or gets better in this country.

• Like 1

My point being that he is clearly lies alot. Just like" if you like your healthcare plan you can keep it".

So when Obama declares that Obamacare was a success i am highly skeptical. He seems to ignore the people who lost insurance in his equation plus alot of the stuff in the ACA bill has not even been implemented yet.( conveniently pushed back until after elections :P)

He lies, wow, big deal. How old are you people in here? 15,16 possibly? It sure seems like it sometimes. This isn't a playground from your childhood, and nobody cares if a president "lies" about things that he has no direct control over.

If you're all adults, you'll get what I'm about to say. Since when did anything you've ever done since you've been 5 go perfectly as planned with no flaws or mistakes? You've never lied and hurt someone your entire life or said something that wasn't true? Give me a break already and stop being unreasonable hypocrites.

• Like 1

That's not what I was getting act. I'm asking how you go from doing backflips for the ACA to dismissing its significance all at the same time. Doesn't matter. I have another question to ask you now. Do democrats lie?

Yep they do, and so do you. Think of me looking at you the way you look at Obama and his "lies." That's why it's really difficult for me to believe anything that you say. It's really hard.

He lies, wow, big deal. How old are you people in here? 15,16 possibly? It sure seems like it sometimes. This isn't a playground from your childhood, and nobody cares if a president "lies" about things that he has no direct control over.

If you're all adults, you'll get what I'm about to say. Since when did anything you've ever done since you've been 5 go perfectly as planned with no flaws or mistakes? You've never lied and hurt someone your entire life or said something that wasn't true? Give me a break already and stop being unreasonable hypocrites.

The only one here trying to be insulting is you. Which i have to add is what is actually childish. I did not do any personal attacks on you...

Do you not see a problem with a president purposely deceiving people and changing views whenever politically convenient so that he could win elections? These are not littel "lies" that he has no direct control over all of these are things he purposely lied about to get elected or pass a bill and then did the direct opposite.

Do you honestly think that is the same as regular people lieing about stupid littel things? We should never accept our elected leaders deception as just "business as usual" "no big deal" and people wonder why we have the problems we have...

But i guess only 15 and 16 year olds care when someone promises one thing to them and does the complete opposite.

And yes everything has flaws. But the point is that ACA is hurting the system and will continue to hurt the system and possibly the very people it wanted to help. And if it actually works well and helps people without screwing the system then good i will have no problem admitting I was wrong.

But as of yet i have only seen it hurt people. And the main parts of it have not even gone into effect yet.

Maybe you could stop insulting everyone and instead calm down and discuss this like an adult :tu:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

>>>cruel assertions<<<

>>>harsh opinions<<<

All you're here to do is tell everyone to stop talking about it. We get it. You're sick of it. You should go take a break because it's not going stop anytime soon.

• Like 1

This is the Leader of the USA. The head of our military. The "leader"of the "Free World". Arguably the most powerful political position in the entire world at present. And you call it no big deal that he lies about lots of stuff?

So my dad lies to me? Does that kill a million Iraqis? So my boss lies to me? Does that affect the healthcare of 75% of the US Population? C'mon now.......

• Like 1

Another thing is that guys like Andy don't understand that these same people who are calling for answers from Obama are the same ones who called for answers from Bush and Clinton and Reagan. If I saw lying going on with a Republican president, I would be just as quick to examine the evidence and call for something to be done.

I thought this article was thought provoking... It is a little old, Dec 2013, but still has interesting play on the ACA.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304866904579265932490593594

How the Dems plan to try winning in November? Admit ACA is a wreck and promise to fix it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/barack-obama-health-care-affordable-care-act-challenge-105397.html

“Go completely on the offense. Don’t try to defend the program,” said Democratic consultant Bob Creamer. “It’s much easier to mobilize people to prevent things from [being taken] away from them than it is to get going on things to which they aspire. The dynamic flips entirely.”

lol obamas campaign lies. Didnt he promise the first thing he was going to do in office was close Guantanamo Bay... well that never happened lol

Your post should be deleted as it has nothing to do with this topic. However, in the interest of fairness, the prisoners in GB are there because Republicans in Congress will not allow them to be moved to the US. This is an example of one of those lies that keep getting spread.

Edited by ninjadude
  • Like 1

Do you not see a problem with a president purposely deceiving people and changing views whenever politically convenient so that he could win elections?

no doubt you believe this. But it's simply not true.

And yes everything has flaws. But the point is that ACA is hurting the system and will continue to hurt the system and possibly the very people it wanted to help. And if it actually works well and helps people without screwing the system then good i will have no problem admitting I was wrong.

If that's the point then you need to start eating some crow. There very people wanted to help, the uninsured, are the 20million now insured.

Edited by ninjadude
  • Like 1

How the Dems plan to try winning in November? Admit ACA is a wreck and promise to fix it.

It's not. And the plan to win is to show clearly and easily that it's not. acasignups.net Surely there are things to change. And Republicans, while publicly trying to repeal it, are quietly passing some changes they hope no one will notice. But again what "fix" do you want? Most of the fixes I've seen are ridiculous.