Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Obamacare on death's door?

Merc14

How long will it take to find out that he lied about the 7.1 million??

they already did. i posted it before. 3 mil. out of 7,1 signed up for expended medicaid plans, (ACA also expended medicaid) , they did not buy a plan on marketplece. those are 3 millions that gvmnt has to pay for, not ins companies.

The Obama administration announced an additional three million people enrolled in the expanded Medicaid health insurance programs for the poor, bolstering the White House’s numbers of Americans with medical care coverage under the Affordable Care Act.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

There's one fix that'll shut me up. REMOVE THE MANDATE. That's it.

I would alternately propose jail time for those who do not purchase. :)

i would propose throw all freeloaders off medicaid, and those that do not even try looking for a job, make them work in jail.

• Like 1

Of course you would you communist unAmerican dictator.

Let's look at the logic of jail time... 3 square meal and free healthcare and a future life of ruined job opportunities that would leave no hope of ever affording insurance again and off to Medicaid you go. All those things add up to lots of money at the tax payers expense. How does that solve any financial crises that the ACA intends to fix? It doesn't. Once again we have liberal logic producing the exact opposite of its intent.

• Like 1

Funny that you hate Obamacare and talk about an entitlement culture. Why? Because the alternative is NOT paying for insurance and receiving FREE healthcare whether you can afford it or not...

lamo, a dictator???? more like a product of entitlment culture.

He would be if he had any power and I'll bet you he'd elect one if he had the chance. I mean, he wants me to go to prison because I don't want to do what he wants. Really though, he leaves me at a loss for words sometimes and I just throw out the first thing that comes to mind.

• Like 1

Funny that you hate Obamacare and talk about an entitlement culture. Why? Because the alternative is NOT paying for insurance and receiving FREE healthcare whether you can afford it or not...

That is wrong of you to assume all people just throw their doctors bills in the garbage. You ASSume a lot.

lmao, FREE healthcare whether you can afford it or not... that is another one that came out from a hole in the backside. go try to apply for medicaid, than tell us how easy it is. it is not nearly as easy to get as some think, but of course, talking about things you have no clue about is easy,.

Edited by aztek

He would be if he had any power and I'll bet you he'd elect one if he had the chance. I mean, he wants me to go to prison because I don't want to do what he wants. Really though, he leaves me at a loss for words sometimes and I just throw out the first thing that comes to mind.

you should not take trolling seriously, i'm sure he wants lots of things he'll never get.

you should not take trolling seriously, i'm sure he wants lots of things he'll never get.

I hear you but he says outrageous things that no freedom loving American could ever think to say and I find it irresistible to comment on.

That is wrong of you to assume all people just throw their doctors bills in the garbage. You ASSume a lot.

I am fairly certain that my comment clearly stated whether you can afford it OR NOT.

I hear you but he says outrageous things that no freedom loving American could ever think to say and I find it irresistible to comment on.

i think he just trys to p*** you off, i mean what else can he do?

• Like 1

lmao, FREE healthcare whether you can afford it or not... that is another one that came out from a hole in the backside. go try to apply for medicaid, than tell us how easy it is. it is not nearly as easy to get as some think, but of course, talking about things you have no clue about is easy,.

Yes, but if you don't apply for the supposed free healthcare known as obamacare you get fined. Although the fine is much less than the cost of the insurance.

Yes, but if you don't apply for the supposed free healthcare known as obamacare you get fined. Although the fine is much less than the cost of the insurance.

i know, but that was not my point, my point was that it is not easy to get medicaid, far from it.

they already did. i posted it before. 3 mil. out of 7,1 signed up for expended medicaid plans, (ACA also expended medicaid) , they did not buy a plan on marketplece.

I'm not sure if that is true or not. My understanding was that the 7.1 million were all Exchange enrollees. Most of the rest of the 15 million were Medicaid and a much smaller number were enrolled in other existing healthcare programs.

What I think is interesting is that regardless of how many people signed up for the Exchanges, I would like to know the total cost to those 7 million for 2014, and then I would like to know how much of that is being paid by the FedGov. My understanding is that many people get a tax credit/deduction for their insurance costs on the Exchanges. And that essentially is money taken from me and given to those people. Why? Because the insurance is not Affordable.

If the FedGov wanted to make insurance affordable, they could have just popped a tax credit into the tax code and fixed 66% of the national insurance issues.

We're being governed without common sense.

• Like 1

I agree and I wish your party would institute this immediately! One can only imagine the response from the electorate. Thanks for always being you , ninja, your fellow traveler rhetoric always reenforces what is said about you by the vast majority here at UM.

Ninja feels that no matter how bad a program is, and ACA is about as bad as tehy come, if it further entrenches big government in every aspect of your life it is a good thing. He is being serious with this statement as well. He would gladly march every person who disagrees with his extremely radical agenda off to the gulag, or worse. Men, women, children, it doesn't matter, the progressive dogma trumps all.

When someone says we need bipartisanship in Washington, remember what ninja said here. He is not alone, there are many of his ilk who have suggested prison or execution for climate change deniers, CEO's, conservative personalities etc. etc. There is no compromise with them, it is a religious war and damn the constitution if it gets in their way.

They are blatantly using the IRS to squash dissent. Just read this and realize how absurdly more corrupt these people are than Nixon who was driven out of office by the media that shies from even reporting this scandal

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/committee-staff-report-no-progressive-groups-were-targeted-by-irs/

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

See ninja, I said five years ago, that if you didn't buy the insurance you would end up in jail. Your the first one I know of to vocalize it.

Meanwhile, there are now no less than three independent confirmations that the insurance rate in the U.S. is falling (none of which taken into account the full "surge" of folks getting coverage in the last two weeks of March, or the hundreds of thousands continuing to enroll in coverage this month).

In U.S., Uninsured Rate Lowest Since 2008

The uninsured rate has been falling since the fourth quarter of 2013, after hitting an all-time high of 18.0% in the third quarter -- a sign that the Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as "Obamacare," appears to be accomplishing its goal of increasing the percentage of Americans with health insurance coverage. Even within this year's first quarter, the uninsured rate fell consistently, from 16.2% in January to 15.6% in February to 15.0% in March. And within March, the rate dropped more than a point, from 15.8% in the first half of the month to 14.7% in the second half -- indicating that enrollment through the healthcare exchanges increased as the March 31 deadline approached.

dif02-e_ckk5pozvdid6gw.png

Largely in line with the Health Reform Monitoring Survey from the Urban Institute (whose data was largely already collected before the late March surge in sign-ups).

v472o3.png

And the Rand Corp findings:

Survey: Net gain of 9.3M insured under O-Care

Approximately 9.3 million people have gained health insurance since ObamaCare went live in October, a new study finds.

The Rand Corp. analysis, which only polled people through mid-March, before the late surge of ObamaCare sign-ups, found that the uninsured rate has fallen from 20.5 percent to 15.8 percent in that time.

This is in line with a Gallup survey released last week that showed the uninsured rate falling to 15.6 percent, the lowest it’s been since 2008.

Rand basically found a 23% drop in uninsurance among adults not eligible for Medicare in the last six months (before taking into account a million+ signups in the late March surge). Not bad, given the handwringing in October.

Edited by Startraveler

Ninja feels that no matter how bad a program is, and ACA is about as bad as tehy come, if it further entrenches big government in every aspect of your life it is a good thing. He is being serious with this statement as well. He would gladly march every person who disagrees with his extremely radical agenda off to the gulag, or worse. Men, women, children, it doesn't matter, the progressive dogma trumps all.

Gotcha! I had the whopper of all belly laughs at your expense.

Meanwhile, there are now no less than three independent confirmations that the insurance rate in the U.S. is falling

I think you meant the "number of UN-insured" rates are falling, right?

I thought for a second you were saying that the "rates", as in costs were falling. That would have been Excellent news.

I think you meant the "number of UN-insured" rates are falling, right?

I thought for a second you were saying that the "rates", as in costs were falling. That would have been Excellent news.

Yes, uninsurance rates are falling. :tu: