Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Obamacare on death's door?

Merc14

Ripped from the headlines:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/06/politics/obamacare-resignation/index.html?c=politics

"Official key to Obamacare resigns"

"With this year's goal for enrollment in Obamacare seemingly out of grasp... an official key to implementing it has resigned."

"Cohen will vacate the post of Director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight after March 31."

"That's the day open enrollment runs out, and with a goal of 6 million signups, the ACA has only 4 million on the books so far."

CNN has a very pro-Obamacare slant... but even they admit there are only 4M signed up so far (not 14M as some have claimed).

Ripped from the headlines:

http://www.cnn.com/2...html?c=politics

"Official key to Obamacare resigns"

"With this year's goal for enrollment in Obamacare seemingly out of grasp... an official key to implementing it has resigned."

"Cohen will vacate the post of Director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight after March 31."

"That's the day open enrollment runs out, and with a goal of 6 million signups, the ACA has only 4 million on the books so far."

CNN has a very pro-Obamacare slant... but even they admit there are only 4M signed up so far (not 14M as some have claimed).

That 4M is wildly optimistic at best as well. To save their asses the democrats approved another two years for existing healthcare plans. This POS is falling apart faster than startraveler's BS.

Regardless of how negative we feel about the ACA, kicking all these cans down the road isn't helping matters. Not that I want it now or at all but people, insurance agencies, businesses, lawyers, employees, Americans in general have no idea what's going on. Especially businesses and insurance agencies. How much time did some companies sink in to business plan revisions, meetings with lawyers, ect; all in effort to figure out how to comply with the law in a timely fashion only to have the administration step out every other month and kick the can again and again. Glad I didn't give a hoot but I'm sure it's been very frustrating. Even though these businesses might not like the law they understandably felt compelled to do what they had to do. I remember ninja saying that delays are ok, no big thing even if the delays equate to a year or more. Well it is a big deal. If we're going to do this, well then show your cards Washington. To that I ask, what was the big rush to get it passed? At the time he would've said because of all the downtrodden uninsured people festering away, dying in the streets. Today, he says it's no big deal because 9/10 people are already insured. He's lock and step with Washington so it begs the question, if 9/10 people were already good to go just what the hell was the panic about?

• Like 1

, if 9/10 people were already good to go just what the hell was the panic about?

that guy in the white house. He's black.

that guy in the white house. He's black.

No, you racist. The panic your ilk had about how damn important it was to pass it and pass it fast and pass it blind.

No, you racist. The panic your ilk had about how damn important it was to pass it and pass it fast and pass it blind.

That's how ninja faces the reality of the utter failure that is ACA, he accuses you of racism. Nice huh? he has been cheerleading for this mess since day 1 and posting propaganda like a Brownshirt since the things launch and now that it is a failure by every measure imaginable, this is his response, "You're a racist."

Seriously. That was like the furthest thing from my mind. Little does he know I liked a black democratic president before he did.

post-117199-0-77680500-1394160837_thumb.

Seriously. That was like the furthest thing from my mind. Little does he know I liked a black democratic president before he did.

post-117199-0-77680500-1394160837_thumb.

I understand that and he probably dies as well but that is the last card in his deck and he will always deal it out. Ninja has been as wrong as anyone can be about ACA but he is incapable of admitting it so he deasl teh racist card.

@Nunja - this is nothing, it is only going to get much worse for ACA because it can't possibly work as designed. I realize that the program was created to fail so that Single payer could be brought in but this thing has blown up in your faces in an astounding fashion and no one but the crazy left wants the feds anywhere near healthcare now. You guys should've read the bill before you passed it in such an underhanded way.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

no one was ever in a panic. It was discussed for well over a year. So not fast or blind. This is simply false. But you will of course continue to believe it. The facts have been posted on UM years ago many times. You don't get to have your own facts.

The so called "panic" comes only from the far insane right who just can't deal with a black president. It's clear that's what the tea party is all about.

The ACA is already working as designed.

Edited by ninjadude

no one was ever in a panic. It was discussed for well over a year. So not fast or blind. This is simply false. But you will of course continue to believe it. The facts have been posted on UM years ago many times. You don't get to have your own facts.

The so called "panic" comes only from the far insane right who just can't deal with a black president. It's clear that's what the tea party is all about.

The ACA is already working as designed.

Harry Reid broke the rules of the Senate to pass the law. Something of this size should've required a bipartisan vote but no sane person would vote for this mess (as proven by events) and now your side gets to pay for it. Not one republican vote. All yours. Now please tell us how successful it is so I can enjoy your zealotry

Democrats are going to tell us how successful Obamacare is 10,000 times before the next Presidential election.

• Like 1

Democrats are going to tell us how successful Obamacare is 10,000 times before the next Presidential election.

Of course they will. It is party propaganda, just like the Republicans telling us 10,000 times that it is failing.

• Like 1

Of course they will. It is party propaganda, just like the Republicans telling us 10,000 times that it is failing.

Yeah I kinda started seeing that around here too.

Pretty much everyone, including you democrats, is saying its failing but if you want to blame its failure on the republicans please make your case.

We should question federal intervention on principle, not on partisan barbs and slings.

I could join the Obamacare Zombies or the Military Zombies. It's the exact same partisan failure on principle either way.

That's how ninja faces the reality of the utter failure that is ACA, he accuses you of racism. Nice huh?

ninjadude was way outta line if that's what he said, but yeah it sounds nice, it sounds exactly like you on the Middle East board. Only replace the utter failure of a domestic law with the utter failure of a foreign policy, and replace "racism" with "anti-Semitism".

It won't mean diddly towards changing your thinking even if it was 4M, Merc. And everyone including your supporters know it.

We should question federal intervention on principle, not on partisan barbs and slings.

I could join the Obamacare Zombies or the Military Zombies. It's the exact same partisan failure on principle either way.

See I am not going to get into the differences with you because you are a very f up guy. Get off the pipe son, it ain't hemp you are smoking any longer, it is a very different product and you are proof it is dangerous

Edited by Merc14

At the outset, Obamacare was created to expand health coverage to the 13 percent of eligible Americans—roughly 38 million—who are uninsured.

A new survey, however, found that most uninsured people believe the insurance offered through Affordable Care Act is simply not affordable.

Consulting firm McKinsey and Co. found that just 27 percent of the 4 million Obamacare enrollees were previously uninsured. That means the majority of those who have signed up for Obamacare already had insurance, or were kicked off their old policies and had to replace them.

The administration has so far provided numbers only for people who have selected plans on the health exchanges. The figures don’t include how many uninsured have received coverage. They also don’t include an estimate of how many enrollees have paid for their policies – a crucial piece of information to assess how the risk pools are actually shaping up.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-may-failing-uninsured-101500339.html

• Like 1

13 million people could've had insurance, been kicked off and reacquired a plan through the exchange and they'd be telling US how successful it is. Essentially, that's what's happened in large part. They've created a problem and a solution all in one big illusion. As for cost effectiveness, this is costing tax payers upwards of a few trillion dollars in exchange for cheaper healthcare, ideally. How, in the long run, is this a monetary benefit to society?

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

Go ahead, tell me it's an investment in a healthy society again. What's the investment? Create a healthy society that is healthy enough to keep working just to to pay for this? It's perpetual and is hardly what I'd call living. It's a godam drag on society. We're supposed to be free to live our lives and worry about ourselves and those we choose to worry about with a little chump change here and there to help the truly needy. Just leave it the way it was or make it universal already. This is the most convoluted mess one could dream up.

13 million people could've had insurance, been kicked off and reacquired a plan through the exchange and they'd be telling US how successful it is. Essentially, that's what's happened in large part. They've created a problem and a solution all in one big illusion. As for cost effectiveness, this is costing tax payers upwards of a few trillion dollars in exchange for cheaper healthcare, ideally. How, in the long run, is this a monetary benefit to society?

I think the only way it could be is if it provided value greater than what we'd get without it. What we were getting without Obamacare was a lack of pre-existing conditions on insurance policies. I ask myself, do we have a moral responsibility in addressing this? If so, what then should be done about this gaping hole in our healthcare coverage?

We agree that government is inefficient with its use of our resources and you're right, it's going to grow into a multi-trillion dollar monstrosity I think very quickly. Getting the pills to the people 12 years ago already has us over $22 trillion in the hole. I think we've been duped by one of the greatest hoodwinks in political history when we "Just Said No" to drugs but then opened up the spigots of a gigantic drug empire of epic proportions. We've got the heroin flowing in from Afghanistan again too, I presume in order to kill off the junkies and deadwood.

I think the only way it could be is if it provided value greater than what we'd get without it. What we were getting without Obamacare was a lack of pre-existing conditions on insurance policies. I ask myself, do we have a moral responsibility in addressing this? If so, what then should be done about this gaping hole in our healthcare coverage?

We agree that government is inefficient with its use of our resources and you're right, it's going to grow into a multi-trillion dollar monstrosity I think very quickly. Getting the pills to the people 12 years ago already has us over $22 trillion in the hole. I think we've been duped by one of the greatest hoodwinks in political history when we "Just Said No" to drugs but then opened up the spigots of a gigantic drug empire of epic proportions. We've got the heroin flowing in from Afghanistan again too, I presume in order to kill off the junkies and deadwood.

What absolute rubbish! How in the hell do you link the war on drugs to obamacare and are you saying the government is behind importing heroin so as to to kill off junkies?

Isn't nice that Obama has pushed it back two years, so he won't have to deal with it anymore.

• Like 2

What absolute rubbish! How in the hell do you link the war on drugs to obamacare and are you saying the government is behind importing heroin so as to to kill off junkies?

Looks like I walked into Solomon's Temple with my shoes on again. :(

When heroin imports explode after this war on people living in caves and swinging on monkey bars who don't want us there, you don't even question it? Why? Why can't you handle facts that might cause us to reassess our foreign policies? Intentional or not, this is a serious consequence of our actions.

You jape at me about drugs on a regular basis whether the topic has anything to do about drugs or not. Well Medicare Part D has to do with drugs. You excuse the Republicans' Pill Mill out of hand, while cracking endless jokes about hundreds of thousands of good Americans rotting in cages for non-violent victimless drug "crimes" i.e. More politically-correct right-wing Statism.

http://www.globalres...heroin-trade/91

Edited by Yamato

The administration has so far provided numbers only for people who have selected plans on the health exchanges. The figures don’t include how many uninsured have received coverage

Gallup has stepped in to fill that gap. (That peak at 18% is the quarter before open enrollment under the ACA began).

U.S. Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall

b12atxiztekoguarvptywa.png