Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Millions have never seen common wildlife

Still Waters

The average Brit takes only 16 walks in the countryside each year and so sees little wildlife, a new study reveals.

Millions have never seen common native animals like rabbits, hedgehogs, foxes, frogs, deer and badgers in the wild, researchers found.

http://www.telegraph...nd-rabbits.html

I've been a city boy too long but we got city rabbits, city birds, city foxes and even city bears here. I've seen a fox and rabbit, not a wild bear yet tho. And wild water rat too, real fast guy. And this is while sticking to capitol area, except with the fox.

• Like 1

I'm in the city too, and see more wildlife here then when I do actually get away. Deer, rabbits, coyotes, rabbits, all kinds of birds and hawks, even the odd bald eagles. Last week I was lucky enough to spot a beautiful Snowy Owl hanging out on a telephone pole while I was walking home. When I go hiking around here it's for the trees and waterfalls anyway. Plus, if there is any wildlife around I'm sure my kids are frightening them away before I get a chance to see them!

I have seen many many animals in my life time... not only i see them, i also have the privilege of hearing a famous narrator named SIR David Attenborough

I lead a group where we go on hikes in the wilderness. I have to fight with people to walk quietly, to leave their cologne at home, to speak quietly, and not to wear really bright colors. Normally, the only animals they see are running away, in fear of their lives.

• Like 1

I'd suggest people do not notice wildlife because they have little/no interest in being observant. How many people go for a walk but insist on having their eyes fixed on a smartphone and with earpieces bunging up their ears?

• Like 1

I'd suggest people do not notice wildlife because they have little/no interest in being observant. How many people go for a walk but insist on having their eyes fixed on a smartphone and with earpieces bunging up their ears?

Quite true, indeed.