Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Judge sentenced for selling teens to prisions

spartan max2

Judge convicted for 28 years for selling teens to prisons =(. This is just sad. Private prision system, bad idea

http://www.examiner....eens-to-prisons

Fromt article

Disgraced Pennsylvania judge Mark Ciavarella Jr has been sentenced to 28 years in prison for conspiring with private prisons to sentence juvenile offenders to maximum sentences for bribes and kickbacks which totaled millions of dollars. He was also ordered to pay $1.2 million in restitution.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Is this an update from the 2011 sentencing? It didn't seem to be but I wasn't sure.

idk the article was made April 29, 2013. Just saw this on Facebook so I shared

oh, ok :) Took more of a look and yeah, it just looks like a 2013 print of what happened in 2011. There's a couple threads from the time here on UM, didn't seem to provoke much of a response then.

Just heard this story the other day...what a POS that guy is. Enjoy your 28 years in a cage.

• Like 2

This is why we shouldn't have private prisons.

• Like 2

Amen to all of those you have commented against private systems. I live in a state where it was always rumored that our governor had a considerable amount of stock in a private system company.

As governor he authorized the building of a state-of-the-art, maximum security for juveniles. From the ground up, everything new and all the money they could put in it was. Our electronic fencing was imported from Israel. (At the time, they had the best electronic outdoor fencing, no surprise) We had facilities for a high school as large as most private high schools, set up both for scholastic and career training, barber, wood shop, auto, and landscaping. It was designed to hold over 300 youth in private to semi-private rooms, with a special dorm section for those considered as the highest risk.

From the start, I kept occurring to me there might be a reason for the "no stops" amount of tax money that was pouring in.

Is it going to come as a surprise to any of you, that we woke up one morning to the announcement the facility was being closed . As they were making the announcement that day to those working, there was a company in our lobby there to install $300,000.00 more in cameras - And they COMPLETED the installation !

There were no real arrangements made for moving any of the supplies that were being warehoused for use. Literally rooms of supplies were left in an empty facility.

Guesses on what became of that institution ??? IT WAS SOLD TO A PRIVATE COMPANY !!!!

Your tax dollars "at work." A very good investment for a governor's private prison company. Would you like to bet again his stock value went up.

ANOTHER REASON AGAINST WHAT CAN HAPPEN REGARDING A PRIVATE PRISON SYSTEM !

• Like 1