Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Welcoming Idea

jeem

I have seen a lots of thread regarding alien invasion.People often fancies that alien will come and destroy everything.It is the influence of those sci-fi movie who always portrayed alien a villein.But what if they are not villein.They are friendly.Their only intention is to help mankind. Their intention can be sharing technological knowledge with us.Creating a new style of our government.Where every man will enjoy the benefit of their technology.No special privilege for anyone.Then comes the question if such alien comes we need to receive them with a warm welcome.So how the governments of the Earth will welcome them.I would give them a welcome as warm as possible

• Like 3

I have seen a lots of thread regarding alien invasion.People often fancies that alien will come and destroy everything.It is the influence of those sci-fi movie who always portrayed alien a villein.But what if they are not villein.They are friendly.Their only intention is to help mankind. Their intention can be sharing technological knowledge with us.Creating a new style of our government.Where every man will enjoy the benefit of their technology.No special privilege for anyone.Then comes the question if such alien comes we need to receive them with a warm welcome.So how the governments of the Earth will welcome them.I would give them a welcome as warm as possible

Stephen Hawking once said if there are extraterrestrials, which almost a mathematical certainty, we should avoid them at all costs!

This is because if they were able to find us, they are technologically superior and are probably trying to use the Earth for its resources.

I'd like to think if any aliens outwardly revealed themselves to us that they'd be friendly, but I highly, highly, highly doubt they would be.

http://www.space.com/8288-aliens-exist-stephen-hawking.html

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 4

Aye... Mr Hawking is a bundle of laughs.

I'm with you, Jeem! Get the Welcome Mat out and put the beer on ice.

• Like 5

.I would give them a welcome as warm as possible

And they would eat you as warm as possible.

• Like 2

if you visited another planet would you go fully armed with high tech weapons as no doubt any Alien would do if they visited us,because if an Alien did come here they would be prepared for trouble,and the first thing we would do is surround them with weapons..What would an Alien think of that.Greetings I'm from another planet...(in Alien language)....Boom.

• Like 1

Aye... Mr Hawking is a bundle of laughs.

I'm with you, Jeem! Get the Welcome Mat out and put the beer on ice.

Maybe I've watched Independence Day far too many times. :lol:

• Like 4

Well I think They Would Take One Look at Us Say "**** THAT" and Go home immediately LOL

• Like 4

Stephen Hawking once said if there are extraterrestrials, which almost a mathematical certainty, we should avoid them at all costs!

This is because if they were able to find us, they are technologically superior and are probably trying to use the Earth for its resources.

I'd like to think if any aliens outwardly revealed themselves to us that they'd be friendly, but I highly, highly, highly doubt they would be.

http://www.space.com...en-hawking.html

Yes I know that.He said it will be like when Columbus first arrived in America.I watched the whole lecture in discovery.

Edited by jeem
  • Like 1

And they would eat you as warm as possible.

Sci-Fi movie influence.I guess you are a strong believer of reptilian conspiracy

Edited by jeem

if you visited another planet would you go fully armed with high tech weapons as no doubt any Alien would do if they visited us,because if an Alien did come here they would be prepared for trouble,and the first thing we would do is surround them with weapons..What would an Alien think of that.Greetings I'm from another planet...(in Alien language)....Boom.

They won't do this if we do not surround them with weapon.We need to put a welcome mat arrange a feast may be a red carpet.

If you watched "Mars Attack" I highly recommend we do not bring any pigeon

Edited by jeem
  • Like 1

Maybe I've watched Independence Day far too many times. :lol:

May be you should watch star wars or play mass effects where human and alien cooperation is shown.

Men in Black will do also :alien:

Edited by jeem

I don't think we are capable of being 'welcoming'. We can't even treat each other right, let alone our otherworldly neighbours.

• Like 5

without reading or knowing this fact, I have always thought the same. It is very logical. In a universe full of wars and tremors where galaxies are swallowing other small galaxies, or stars are devouring smaller stars, black holes eating smaller black holes etc, likely there are no peaceful aliens as we might like to believe.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

It could be that we've never had open contact with aliens because they see us an infantile, and recognize that we'd (most likey) greet them with hostility.

We are so young in the cosmic scope that anyone that could travel here would have nothing to gain from contact with us. But they could use our planet's resources, as been stated already.

Another possiblity is that there has already been contact with ETs, and our world governments haven't shared that with the populace because they have no faith in our ability to assimilate it.

• Like 4

Sci-Fi movie influence.I guess you are a strong believer of reptilian conspiracy

No. And I´m not a believer of any conspiracy.

I don't think we are capable of being 'welcoming'. We can't even treat each other right, let alone our otherworldly neighbours.

I recall that an alien invasion will unite all the members of mankind so why can't we unite to welcome a friendly other world visitors.

After all they are our guest

• Like 1

No. And I´m not a believer of any conspiracy.

Then what makes you think that alien will be hosile

I just logged in to post in here. I gotta tell you this: If aliens will ever invade Earth in...a conventional method, that means they already know A LOT about us. Think about this. During the Desert Storm, US fighters and bombers knew where to target because they had the intel.

I'm really not sure if that theory makes any sense at all. Is the Earth really so unusual in its mineral composition that they'd have to come many light years to find a particular planet that suited what they were looking for? We're discovering "earthlike" (meaning in terms of composition, at any rate) planets all the time, so would anyone need to come all this way just for resources? if they did want resources that the Earth could provide, that would mean that they must come from a similar planet themselves, so that would be proof in itself that such planets would be pretty common, so surely they could find what they were looking for a lot nearer to home?

• Like 5

f they did want resources that the Earth could provide, that would mean that they must come from a similar planet themselves, so that would be proof in itself that such planets would be pretty common, so surely they could find what they were looking for a lot nearer to home?

Earth is the only one that's open on a Sunday. Indeed, the recent photos of Earth from Mars show that we have a large sign poking out saying, Bara's All Day MegaStore! Final Winter Sale on Sand, Sea Water and Fitted Kitchens! Shoplifters will be prosecuted.

• Like 3

Aliens may not choose to make contact at all - until we achieve interstellar flight capabilities. I see it more as Biologists behaviour on earth today - observe but don't interfere.

The intel they would be sending back imo would be. "Unpredictable species, safely observed at a distance but interaction can have fatal consequences".

• Like 2

I agree, that our ability to travel to the stars could be the trigger that evokes contact with extraterrestrials. We don't know how far off this ability may be for us. It may be nearer than we imagine.

Dr. Harold White's work at NASA, Houston may have already created a (very small) space warp field. He is currently seeking to confirm this. Such a field could be the key to practical interstellar travel.

It could be that our technological progress is being monitored from afar. A wise ET species might want to move proactively, and to have already begun a gradual process of contact, with an eye to open, direct contact in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 1

for the last 10 years, kept thinking.. ET will not invade or be friendly, but will kill us all in one swift move..

Maybe in a way like in the movie Prometheus, cause I think we were created by ET too

I'm really not sure if that theory makes any sense at all. Is the Earth really so unusual in its mineral composition that they'd have to come many light years to find a particular planet that suited what they were looking for? We're discovering "earthlike" (meaning in terms of composition, at any rate) planets all the time, so would anyone need to come all this way just for resources? if they did want resources that the Earth could provide, that would mean that they must come from a similar planet themselves, so that would be proof in itself that such planets would be pretty common, so surely they could find what they were looking for a lot nearer to home?

Apparently, they must have a shortage of cattle anuses on their homeworld

for the last 10 years, kept thinking.. ET will not invade or be friendly, but will kill us all in one swift move..

Maybe in a way like in the movie Prometheus,

Killing us all in one swift move that will make them hostile.But I believe they won't be like this instead they will help us create a new future.