Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'The Waltons' Actor Ralph Waite Dead at 85

Still Waters

Ralph Waite, who was beloved to TV viewers as the ultimate father figure, John Walton, on The Waltons, has died. He passed away at midday on Thursday at his home in South Palm Desert.

http://www.hollywood...ite-dead-680278

I used to love The Waltons.

"Good night, Daddy" - RIP

• Like 2

I loved the program and I don't really know why because it wasn't that good and yet it drew me back.. Ralph Waite never seemed to age, he always looked the same as he did in The Walton's when he starred in anything else.

He had a very successful career in movies and TV, not to mention Directing, Producing & Writing.

Goodnight Daddy, Goodnight Elizabeth, Goodnight John Boy, Goodnight Jim Bob, Goodnight Grampa, Goodnight Erin, Goodnight Jason, Goodnight Mama, Goodnight Grandma Walton, Goodnight!

Great guy. R.I.P. Mr Waite.

Edited by Ohelemapit
  • Like 1

Ralph Waite used to own a restaurant in Cathedral City near Palm Springs and he once ran for congress to only lose to Mary Bono-Mack, Sonny's widow. He will be missed...not long ago, Ralph Kiner of the Pirates baseball team died in Rancho Mirage. I'm in the "playground of celebrities" also known as "heaven's waiting room". There has been some celebrity deaths lately (Shirley Temple and Sid Caesar), as the saying goes "they die in twos or threes".