Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Human Hybrid?

OverSword

From the article:

Last year, we reported on the results of genetic research which revealed that the genome of one of our ancient ancestors, the Denisovans, contains a segment of DNA that seems to have come from another species that is currently unknown to science. Several recent studies have also revealed that modern humans are a product of hybridization, with remnants of Neanderthal and Denisovan genomes in our DNA. This research leads us to realize that our understanding of the origins of modern humans is much murkier than we ever thought possible. This also begs the question, if we are hybrids already, could there be extant human hybrids currently on earth besides us?

Read the rest here

Edited by Still Waters
Reduced amount of copied text & copyrighted image

What a dangerous combination, junk science, Melba Ketchum, religion, the bible, and bigfoot? I'm surprised the whole stinking concoction didn't explode, and destroy the earth. I think this may be the biggest pile of BS that has ever been created. Please be careful where you step.

I did a Google search of the pipe bomb, and could not find any news reports of the incident. Somehow I think that would have made big news.

• Like 9

I did a Google search of the pipe bomb, and could not find any news reports of the incident. Somehow I think that would have made big news.

That's what I was thinking as well (pipe bomb).

As far as the junk science comment, blind independent tests doesn't sound like 'junk science'.

Now that geneticists are examining the DNA in Neanderthals and Denisovans, they are finding a lot of information that is not represented by the few fossils that we have found. Don't be jumping straight into Bigfoot. There's nothing in science that supports it at this point.

"In the most extensive study ever carried out on the subject, a total of 111 samples were analysed..."

Where did these "samples" originate? How were the samples collected and transported? I would think the researchers would first establish a foundation of credibility if they expected their results to be taken seriously.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be really cool if an unknown primate were found alive in the PNW, but this article has me feeling more skeptical than I was before.

Edited by simplybill

As far as the junk science comment, blind independent tests doesn't sound like 'junk science'.

Yes, but consider that the "Blind scientist" doing the testing was Melba and God only knows whomever else it was they had do it. According to the article they have mapped three complete Genomes. If that's the case then they can make a comparison to DNA data banks RFN (right freaking now) and know where it falls specifically on the tree of life.

I think it's funny, we have these guys who don't have a body or a Bigfoot or anything like that but they have three complete Bigfoot Genomes and by contrast we have Rick Dyer who has a body in a trailer and no testing available for study.

• Like 1

Before reading the OP article, I had been skinned, shot twice and set on fire.

I felt better before reading the OP article.

• Like 2

Hey, I've been shot and blown up.

Read the article.

:w00t:

Sasquatch vs. Wendigo....the OP had me at that.

I also recognize Puck and ...Aurora? Who is the third person?

Edited by Hida Akechi

Ms. K sure is full of herself to think anyone would be so threatened by her "work" (*pauses to vomit*) as to pipe bomb her speaking venue. This woman has no shame. None.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Sasquatch vs. Wendigo....the OP had me at that.

I also recognize Puck and ...Aurora? Who is the third person?

Her rabbit hole sure is getting full...

Ms. K sure is full of herself to think anyone would be so threatened by her "work" (*pauses to vomit*) as to pipe bomb her speaking venue. This woman has no shame. None.

I think it was even who mentioned this before, but a bombing at a speaking venue would have gotten some serious press coverage if for no other reason because of the subject matter. Bigfoot, Bigfoot speaker's venue bombed tonight. People will tune in just to hear and see what happened. Next will be that Bigfoot is in league with Al-Quida.

I think it was even who mentioned this before, but a bombing at a speaking venue would have gotten some serious press coverage if for no other reason because of the subject matter. Bigfoot, Bigfoot speaker's venue bombed tonight. People will tune in just to hear and see what happened. Next will be that Bigfoot is in league with Al-Quida.

Yeah, I was commenting from the opinion that (without some proof) she and her clique probably made the story up themselves.

Hubris, to think we'd believe her "study" is that threatening to anyone...

Edited by QuiteContrary

Yeah, I was commenting from the opinion that she and her clique made the story up themselves.

Intentionally lied? Surely you jest. I'm sure these people are highly regarded and pillars of their respective communities.

They might also be a little animal crackers.

Being familiar with clinical trial studies I´m missing a number of important facts in these so called “studies” conducted by

Melba Ketchum’s lab in relation the project. I´ve investigated the name of the lab and tried to get informations from the

homepage on e.g. FDA status, QM, compliance-, analysis-, sample-, sample logistic-, storage, cold chain management

and references . These are some of the requested requirements for labs who want to join the club of Big Pharma. A lab,

or individual/ company, that claims to have found something extraordinary and new in relation to human DNA should fulfill

these requirements, or if not, assign a lab that fulfill the requirements to give the analysis research and findings a scientific

base that can be peer-reviewed by 3rd parties on a scientific based level by document review.

But, the homepage in out of service and the telephone lines are disconnected. But the “study” results can be bought for 30USD.

It seems that this is the charlatan generation 2.0. The first generation offered books+DVDs. Now “study” results are offered.

What a BS.

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

What a BS.

Actually it's, BFS. :tu:

Where she claims to have gotten most of her DNA samples is enough of a fairytale for me. Start there (The Erikson Project). As well as read about Ketchum's personal "experiences" with bigfoot. And if you still want to proceed and look at the testing process:

Her lab used state-of-the-art equipment and I believe proper testing, but, and it's a big but, their conclusions were far-fetched and crap, not backed up by the results at all. Dr. Todd Disotell claims, as well as some others who saw the lab report.

Dr. Todd Disotell is an Anthropology professor at New York University and he studies primate and human evolution. He is also a Molecular Primatologist who uses DNA to study the evolution of Homo sapiens and other primates.Todd Disotell has received a B.A. from Cornell University and a M.A. and Ph.D. from Harvard University. For over 20 years he has specialized in generating and testing hypotheses about primate phylogeny

Some of her samples she sent out to mainstream scientists for testing came back as "opossum". But in all fairness, the two, bigfoot and opossum do look alike, I can understand the confusion when being up close and personal with them as they allegedly did with the animals they collected DNA from.

With Biff it often comes down to the backstory.

She's Rick Dyer in a lab coat.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Her lab used state-of-the-art equipment and I believe proper testing, but, and it's a big but, their conclusions were far-fetched and crap, not backed up by the results at all. Dr. Todd Disotell claims, as well as some others who saw the lab report.

I know labs having multi MUSD equipment who failed tremendous during FDA standard audits.

I know labs having multi MUSD equipment who failed tremendous during FDA standard audits.

Her equipment and procedures comment came from Dr. Disotell. Our best source, imo. Because she isn't reliable, trustworthy or "running tests with a full lab" (if you know what I mean), imo.

And again knowing her backstory and the DNA sampling backstory her lab standards and procedures don't mean anything to me when she herself has no standards

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

From the article:

Last year, we reported on the results of genetic research which revealed that the genome of one of our ancient ancestors, the Denisovans, contains a segment of DNA that seems to have come from another species that is currently unknown to science. Several recent studies have also revealed that modern humans are a product of hybridization, with remnants of Neanderthal and Denisovan genomes in our DNA. This research leads us to realize that our understanding of the origins of modern humans is much murkier than we ever thought possible. This also begs the question, if we are hybrids already, could there be extant human hybrids currently on earth besides us?

Read the rest here

Sounds bit like Heiachi and the Mishima Zaibatsu

Funny, back when the " bigfoot steak " first came out, people were defending Melba Ketchup when I was pointing these things out.....And, I mean people on here that are now laughing at her.

As I said many times, I really want to know what this " Bigfoot " crap does to some people....

I couldn't get past Smeja's story to even care about the results of the testing of his black bear biff steak.

I was suspect of the story when he said it was a Bigfoot, they walked up to it, got a good look at it and just left it. If I'd shot a Bigfoot I'd be hacking off the hands, feet and head and taking them with me. He goes back, what? A year or so later and can't find it....something called decomposition I think is what he claimed happen, never heard of it myself, but that's me. So they rummage around until they find what came to be called the "Steak". Which turned out to be a bear.

Then he claims he must have gone to the wrong place. I can remember the exact place many things happened to me, including speeding tickets. This guy makes the kill of the century and he can't remember where it was?

I also seem to recall he was afraid he'd done something illegal by shooting it. His story just didn't make a great deal of sense to me at all.

Funny, back when the " bigfoot steak " first came out, people were defending Melba Ketchup when I was pointing these things out.....And, I mean people on here that are now laughing at her.

As I said many times, I really want to know what this " Bigfoot " crap does to some people....

Giggle.. I know it's a typo and phrasing, but I can't help but think.... Yum, bigfoot steak with Melba Ketchup, lets fire up the grill :P:yes: though I gotta say I don't want to know what that bigfoot crap does to some people, not after eating a bigfoot steak with melba ketchup dinner :unsure2::no:

• Like 1