Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If God told you, would you?

029b10

God doesnt talk to people in the bible, he sends messages through angels. and im not important enough to have a direct message from god, so i would assume it would be a demon trying to instill pride in me. or at least thats my interpretation from the bible. If god spoke to you and said that adam married a woman, would you believe it?

Edited by Ever Learning
  • Like 2

No being who said ANYTHING contrary to the word of God in the Bible should be believable. That doesn't mean people would disbelieve - look at the internet :w00t:

I would be kind of mad, out of all the things that could get revealed to me he takes the time to give me that useless bit of knowledge

• Like 8

If God told you Adam was married to a man, would you believe it?

That's a dysfunctional question on several grounds.

First, there is no mention of that possibility in the biblical studies.

Secondly, how would procreation(children) occur under those conditions?

• Like 6

Id ask God why he/she felt that bit of info was relevant, seeing as we have wars worldwide, floods in Europe, fires and destruction in Australia, polluted oceans and decreasing resources.... and God just wants to update the bible?

yeh Id be the one asking the questions if ever I got the chance, like how come we have human skeletons in the fossil record pre-dating any notion of religion...

And why didnt I ever get some of the gifts I really prayed for every Xmas? :lol:

Edited by seeder

I'd say: you is the boss, now let me take some prozac so you go away....

But I fail to see what this thread has to do in the history forum...

Ok, it too nice of day outside so you either already posted or will make up your mind before you read this post so what did the LORD God say in Genesis 3:17 "And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife..."

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; [2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

So the female's name was Adam and the male was named Adam.

Adam didn't name give his wife the name Eve after they where married as indicated by Genesis 3:20, "And Adam called his wife's name Eve;"

Edited by 029b10

Ok, it too nice of day outside so you either already posted or will make up your mind before you read this post so what did the LORD God say in Genesis 3:17 "And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife..."

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; [2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

So the female's name was Adam and the male was named Adam.

Adam didn't name give his wife the name Eve after they where married as indicated by Genesis 3:20, "And Adam called his wife's name Eve;"

And you have read the rules of this forum, especially the part that seez: "No preaching"?

• Like 2

I think this topic should be moved to the religion section, or similar. I also advise the OP that there are many interpretations of the bible

• Like 1

I think this topic should be moved to the religion section, or similar. I also advise the OP that there are many interpretations of the bible

I agree. This particular forum section is not the appropriate section to discuss such matters.

Mod's, with no disrespect to the OP, can you move this to the correct sub-forum.

Edited by pallidin

I'd ask how they followed his command to multiply and be fruitful.

• Like 1

I'm more willing to believe Jesus married a man, I mean he slept with a few.

• Like 2

Which God and define God? In what way is said god communicating with me and how do I know it is a god? And is there a reason I should care who is married to whom?

If God can create human beings from dust, then why can't God make it so two (original) males could procreate?

This is not an endorsement of the OP's premise, only a suggestion that, if we are to look at that premise as a thought-experiment we should consider all the elements - and one element being an omnipotent deity in particular.

The better question I would take from this thread is, why would a believer not accept this "word of God"?

After all, this is precisely what notable biblical figures did - accept a voice in their head associated with what we could interpret as hallucinations. So why would someone today who claims to truly believe ignore a voice in their head and/or hallucinations which purport to be "of God"?

Could it be that belief is no longer "true" in anyone - except a few who we designate 'insane'?

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

If God can create human beings from dust, then why can't God make it so two (original) males could procreate?

This is not an endorsement of the OP's premise, only a suggestion that, if we are to look at that premise as a thought-experiment we should consider all the elements - and one element being an omnipotent deity in particular.

The better question I would take from this thread is, why would a believer not accept this "word of God"?

After all, this is precisely what notable biblical figures did - accept a voice in their head associated with what we could interpret as hallucinations. So why would someone today who claims to truly believe ignore a voice in their head and/or hallucinations which purport to be "of God"?

Could it be that belief is no longer "true" in anyone - except a few who we designate 'insane'?

So you were there? You know for a fact that the knowledge was imparted by way of a "voice inside their head"?

As to the OP - I would have to know it was God speaking aka: he would have to be something more tangible than a voice in my head. Outside of that, I would want to know why he bothered to say that now after all humanity has done through history, in fact that lapse would be my defining evidence that it was not God speaking to me at all anyway.

So you were there? You know for a fact that the knowledge was imparted by way of a "voice inside their head"?

Quite a few of the instances of God speaking to notable persons in the bible involves a voice not associated with another person being present. I would count those as "voice-in-the-head" events.

In many others, it is related God appeared to the person directly and commanded them without demonstrating any unnatural (or supernatural) ability. If some person appeared to you (not miraculously, but just appeared as in walked up to, etc), said they were God and commanded you, would you obey them unquestioningly?

No?

But several of the notable biblical figures did just that. It was suggested this was "faith".

Edited by Leonardo

Quite a few of the instances of God speaking to notable persons in the bible involves a voice not associated with another person being present. I would count those as "voice-in-the-head" events.

In many others, it is related God appeared to the person directly and commanded them without demonstrating any unnatural (or supernatural) ability. If some person appeared to you (not miraculously, but just appeared as in walked up to, etc), said they were God and commanded you, would you obey them unquestioningly?

No?

But several of the notable biblical figures did just that. It was suggested this was "faith".

A disembodied voice is not the same as a "voice inside your head" but again, I wasn't there so I don't know - as to the person commanding them without any demonstration of "supernatural" ability, I don't know where that is in the bible, my readings of the Angel's appearance is that there are definite supernatural overtones. Jesus is the exception I suppose.

I do not listen to ppl with such name in general so there will nothing be told and so nothing to be believed/disbelieved either way.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

So your answer is "no"? Would you believe genetic cloning or don't you believe in science? After all, the LORD God was the Holy One who came down from heaven and appeared before mankind in the name of Jesus, Christ is the Son of God. [1]

I'm more willing to believe Jesus married a man, I mean he slept with a few.

So you based you accusation based upon your having acknowledge knowledge of this, or a self confession?

Edited by 029b10

I do not listen to ppl with such name in general so there will nothing be told and so nothing to be believed/disbelieved either way.

And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. 1 Kings 18:24

Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name; Jer 33:2

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Matt 6:9