Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frozen in time

markdohle

1798661_10152244895530692_1296656790_n.jpg

Frozen in time

I am not a collector of memorabilia, yet I do have a large envelope that I will on occasion drop notes and pictures. I will once in awhile, perhaps every three or four years dip into the container and give everything a look over. The experience is always bitter sweet seeing things from my recent and distant past. Little bits of my life that I have chosen to cling to, some of them very silly really, yet important to me, no doubt boring for others if they actually took a look, sort of like looking at old family photos from another family. No connection. Well these simple everyday items have a deep connection with me. Nostalgia always makes me bleed a little in side, both pleasurable and painful, a strange mix. Little notes received are also commonplace moments frozen in time. Just looking at them brings up forgotten memories with an emotional punch. No wonder I only look at them once in a long while.

• Like 1

Nice Mark, I know what you mean about mixed feelings. I've got keepsakes that bring a lump to my throat yet I wouldn't part with them for the world.

• Like 1