Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great white sharks

Canadian Rottweiler

Ohh,I see.Did you know that a great white shark was found hunting stellar sea lions in the pacific.(near BC)This was on the news about 2 weeks ago.This is the first time that this has happened.(Known of)This is a sign of global warming,and a possible danger to swimmers and divers that swim in the ocean.This shows that these normally tropical sharks are travelling farther and could become a hazard in other oceans as well. w00t.gif

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Canadian Rottweiler

• Panthera leo atrox

• DarkSide

• Vox

Yeah thanks man thumbsup.gif That picture ahas always made me laugh...

OMG.Darkside doesn't know everything people.I am telling you what they discovered on the discovery channel.BTW,Bloodmoon,you may be related to sharks too.Since you are a mammal.As are whales.If whales and sharks are related in some form or another,then YOU just made a very embarrassing statement. tongue.gif It is now KNOWN that great whites hunt in packs.A group of marine biologists filmed a tape underwater(two consecutive weeks)of great whites hunting in packs.Also above water shots too.If you don't believe me,then email the discovery channel and go embarrass yourself about being wrong and trusting darkside on everything that he says.Otherwise,believe me on what I know. original.gif As I am a scuba diver.IS darkside one?NO he isn't. 

334313[/snapback]

just because your a scuba diver doesn't make you an expert on all things in the ocean. everything is related, we all came from those first single cell life. but sharks are fish we are mammals, i don't see why you cant understand that. could it be you misunderstood what you saw on that program???

im not following what darkside said, im going by what i know, i live on a tropical island in the middle of the ocean, and i have been learning about the ocean and whats in it all my life. learn to take some constructive criticism, i have noticed that if someone disagrees with you then you get all bent out of shape. you don't know everything, no one does, so relax and deal with it.

I have also lived on the ocean my whole life. tongue.gif I did not misunderstand the show.It was on 3 times that day,and was on the news that night.So,I'm afraid that you are mistaken.And,because I am a scuba diver studying marine biology,that gives the edge to me on this stuff.For the fourth time,I didn't say that they ARE related,I said that it is possible and would be weird if they were.BTW,I never said that I know everything,I said that I know lot's about this subject.And frankly,I don't give a damn what criticism you have.All I did was post some sharks jumping cause it was really cool.I didn't ask for your criticism on the discovery channel.I know what I heard,so don't bother arguing that with me. rolleyes.gif

Not as rude as me!

Canadian have you ever swam close to shark or pet them (not the aquarium park type...)? I LOVE sharks, I think they are most beautiful animal ever. I would like to wade among sharks as long as it isnt a Bul Shark, Tiger Shark, or Mako Shark. I have a weakness for Blue Shark and black tip shark :-)

Yes,I have swam with sharks before. grin2.gif Like blue sharks,Ratfish sharks,and dogfish sharks.Sharks are my favorite creatures.I want to specifically study them at university. grin2.gif I have ALWAYS been interested in sharks.I have lot's of shark stuff like a real shark in a jar,(preserved in liquid),1200 shark teeth,Shark jaws like Tiger,Mako,Silky,and Dusky.Plus,I have another 10 jaws on the way from ebay.So yeah,I REALLY like sharks.My shark teeth range from the Megalodon-Great white-Goblins.I have some of almost every species grin2.gif Here are some pics of my shark teeth,jaws,real shark,and one of the ratfish that I saw...

post-10180-1099452736.jpg

post-10180-1099452746.jpg

post-10180-1099452755.jpg

post-10180-1099452763.jpg

post-10180-1099452778.jpg

post-10180-1099452788.jpg

post-10180-1099452798.jpg

post-10180-1099452814.jpg

post-10180-1099452828.jpg

post-10180-1099452835.jpg

post-10180-1099452877.jpg

Edited by Canadian

Those shark teeth are pretty cool. Where did you get them from?

Ebay,vacations,sales near me,science fossil stores.Each tooth is at least 60 million years old w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

If your not careful,then yes. disgust.gif Just handle carefully. original.gif Here is a necklace that I made using NO holes.Just wrapped around wire...

post-10180-1099454756.jpg

Cool dude.It is one of my favorites too.Partly because it is the first shark that I saw while scuba diving

All sharks are solitary animals

It is true that many of the larger shark species are solitary creatures but most sharks live in groups known as schools. Some species, such as hammerheads, can even live together in huge schools of up to 200 sharks......................

source

On a other note you think about selling some of your shark jaws and/or teeth?????

Also i have eat Dogfish will never eat it again because I read a book about how many dogfish they kill so sad

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gificon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by Boo_ Boi

what bothers me about ppl and sharks, is that when someone is attacked (or even killed), they want the creature destroyed... wake up sunshine, you are in their territory now.. you cant seriously think that when you are going for a paddle in the ocean you'll be safe. more ppl die every year from bee stings than shark attacks, and we dont go out and eradicate all bees

i'd love to go swimming with sharks and scuba diving, but not allowed (bloody asthma) sharks are fantastic creatures, and we have so much to learn from them. but i'm not a fan of ppl collecting animal peices(sorry canadian).. as most of those animals have a barbaric end... but i'm glad you are happy with your collection

That is true boo boi.Thanks for bringing that up.Hammerheads are the sharks that most commonly hunt in schools.It is almost impossible to find a lone hammerhead.

post-10180-1099459316.jpg

post-10180-1099459325.jpg

post-10180-1099459334.jpg

post-10180-1099459339.jpg

post-10180-1099459349.jpg

Why do some shark have weird name such as Lemon Shark? Is it sour? Silky? Do its skin feel silky? What about Ratfish? Dusky?

THose stuff are awesome. What is it like to swim with shark?

what bothers me about ppl and sharks, is that when someone is attacked (or even killed), they want the creature destroyed... wake up sunshine, you are in their territory now.. you cant seriously think that when you are going for a paddle in the ocean you'll be safe. more ppl die every year from bee stings than shark attacks, and we dont go out and eradicate all bees

i'd love to go swimming with sharks and scuba diving, but not allowed (bloody asthma) sharks are fantastic creatures, and we have so much to learn from them. but i'm not a fan of ppl collecting animal peices(sorry canadian).. as most of those animals have a barbaric end... but i'm glad you are happy with your collection

338268[/snapback]

A good statement.I make sure that my shark parts were not gotten from sport fishing.They are all from already dead ones.I strongly believe in protecting the sharks.What people don't realize is that when you dive into their environment,it is theirs.You take that risk by going in with them.It is not their fault that you look like food.Like,I heard in Florida a while back,a tiger shark bit a surfer,9 tiger sharks were killed.They can't possibly know what shark did this.It is a waste to take out your anger on them.It is their home,and people must respect and understand that.

Why do some shark have weird name such as Lemon Shark? Is it sour? Silky? Do its skin feel silky? What about Ratfish? Dusky?

THose stuff are awesome. What is it like to swim with shark?

338286[/snapback]

An experience so great that I can't describe it.Nothing on land is like it. grin2.gif Sharks have various names that some don't understand.The lemon,is because they are a yellowy color.Silky,is somewhat smooth.Dusky,is seen commonly at dusk,and always apears to be "dirty".Ratfish,it's snout is somewhat shaped like a rat's.They all have specific names for a reason.Here are the sharks that I just mentioned...

post-10180-1099459863.jpg

post-10180-1099459874.jpg

post-10180-1099459954.jpg

post-10180-1099460075.jpg

post-10180-1099460089.jpg

What is your opinion on having a shark in aquarium if it is well taken care of and tank is large like 200 gals? Had you even pet a silky shark?

No,I haven't had a silky.My tanks are fesh water that have freshwater sharks.If you want a saltwater shark for your aquarium,then don't get a silky,it is illegal.Get a Nurse shark.These saltwater sharks are the most common for shark owners.Plus,more people know about these than they do with silky's.I defenitely wouldn't take a chance with a silky.They are also aggressive.A nurse shark isn't really.Here are nurse sharks...

post-10180-1099462793.jpg

post-10180-1099462805.jpg