Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Canadian Rottweiler

Great white sharks

156 posts in this topic

tiddlyjen

ph34r.gif Deep Blue Sea....... crying.gif

Sharks scare the absolute patooties out of me, i cant go swimming at the beach in dark water coz i keep thinking a sharks going to come up and rip my legs off....

*pulls feet up onto desk chair incase an invisible land shark attempts to eat her feet* ph34r.gif

Medusa

Someone sent this pic to me after I returned from a trip to the beach. CREEPY! And 100% untouched. Some say it's a dolphin. Here's the link for the story and a 2nd pic: http://www.surfshooter.com/DolphinInfo.html

Here's a story for extra creepiness: During the beach trip (Gulf Shores, Alabama) I had just been on, a friend & I had went out to the beach about 5:00 - 6:00am. There was alot of fish activity in the water. We decided to get in (STUPID!) and I suppose the tide was in because we were neck-deep just a few feet from the shore. All of a sudden, there were fish jumping all around us. Even saw a small stingray just up about 10' from me! It was really cool until I realized that the reason the fish were jumping was probably because something was trying to eat them! *shudder*

post-12725-1102807458.jpg

Panthera leo atrox

Yes, it is a dolphin.

Medusa

Yeah, I re-read the link after I posted and the second pic definitely shows it's a dolphin. But if you didn't know, the first pic is really creepy anyway! original.gif

LmnWhskySour

Canadian Rottweiler, you’re an IDIOT! Sharks were around millions of years before DINOSAURS (mid Devonian era). Mammals and sharks probably do have a common since both are vertebrates but that ancestor dates back to before terrestrial species began to even think about showing up. Further, Great White sharks hunt with other white sharks but not in packs. There is no coordination between individuals while hunting as we see in whales. They just eat the same food and are frequently found together. Also, the breaching of sharks is for eating, while whale breaching is speculated as recreation (some whales like to have fun). Next thing im gonna hear is that bats are related to birds because they have wings. Phylogenetics isn’t based on superficial similarities but primarily on genetics and structured through symplesiomorphies, apomorphies, and synapomorphies. The similarity of the behavior of one species and the behavior of another can be explained by "homoplasy." In the end, the closest relatives to whales are Hippos. Next time take an elementary bio class or something before you shoot your mouth off like your Jacque Cousteau.

Barnacle Battlefront

^ Just a friendly warning, the mods don't like it when you call people names ;)