Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hypnagogia

befitnana

I stumbled across this site while trying to find out information on the in between state of sleep and consciousness. With the risk of sounding crazy, here goes my story.

I also have experienced that in between state. I thought I was dreaming. In this state I cannot move, appear to be asleep but am fully aware of my surroundings. It is during this state that the "dark one", as I call it, appears. In my spirit, I've been told he can't touch me but he's very scary. He just stands next to my bed watching me. Well, this first started in 1987 when I became saved. I truly believe there was a spiritual battle for my soul and God won as He shall always be the victor! As I said, I first met the dark one 27 years ago. Since that time, on four separate occasions, in what I thought were dreams, during this in between state, I've been violently raped by demons, minions, imps or whatever you want to call them. I've never actually seen them but have certainly felt them holding me down and violating me. At first I thought I was dreaming but it felt so real. The only thing that made me think otherwise is my bedding would be strewn about when I awakened. This NEVER happens as I don't move in my sleep. And then I'd feel as though I had rough sex although I was alone. It wasn't until 2 years ago when I purchased a book written by someone that I knew. In this book she detailed the exact same thing happening to her. It started off being violated in her sleep but eventually began occurring while she was awake. To say I that I'm aghast doesn't even begin to explain my feelings knowing that this, most likely, wasn't a dream.. And then I discussed this with my sister and the EXACT same thing has happened to her. I am very uncomfortable because the fourth occurrence was last Thursday.

Can anyone glean anything or share anything with me because I'm exasperated and somewhat fearful?

Thanks

Hello befitnana welcome to UM . It takes a lot of guts to share such a terrifying personal experience.

I am not qualified to answer your questions but what you describe sounds like an incubus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus

I know this because a close friend described a similar incident to me and I came across UM like yourself, while looking for clues to explain her ordeal.

I believe she had described an incubus. For her the experience was very real. She would be in bed and from out of her wardrobe would emerge a Dwarf that would proceed to have intercourse with her. It was shocking for me to hear but she was very serious. This would happen on a regular basis and soon she had to force herself to end this relationship. She was a single mum and actually found herself enjoying the whole ordeal which even though sex was forced on her it grew less terrifying the more she accepted it. She became concerned enough in time for her mental stability and eventually fled the house.

Needless to say this is an unhealthy demonic entity which you and your sister would be better to distance yourself from.

You will find a wealth of people on here who can advise you the right way to proceed and any other questions you may have. They should be popping by anytime soon and hopefully they can help end your nightmare.

Please dont ask any more questions of me though I just thought I would share. So good luck meet you on a brighter note elsewhere. :tu:

It sounds like you have a bad case of Hypnogia plus Sleep Paralysis. Try and set up a video camera to see if its all in your head or if there is something going on. You may find something interesting about how you sleep. It may give you some peace of mind. If you do catch something paranormal happening post it on here so we can give further feedback.

:( Im sorry to hear what is happening to you, but unfortunately it is a story that I know very well.

Let me know how I can help. PM me if you wish and I will be available to walk you through whatever you need, the video is designed to be short, but there are solutions to this problem. Take care.

Thank you so much everyone for replying. It has taken many, many years for me to even whisper to anyone these goings on. For so long I thought I was going crazy. Actually, I think I am a "light" and many energies are attracted to my light. Since the age of 3 I have had the "gift" of being able to sense other energies. Well, to me it seems like a curse. I experience what most do not. In actuality, I believe as children we are much more gifted or sighted or whatever you want to call it and then as we age we lose the gift. At age 3 I could sense spirits all around me and they would scare me. Thinking nothing of it, I said nothing to anyone. Well, when I was 4 my aunt's husband died. I would sense him in her house. One day she came up to me and she explained everything to me as she could see I had the "gift" as she called it. But she told me to beware of the "dark one." The dark one has visited me in my in between state my whole life. Never touching me, he just stands very near to my bed and watches me. Because I am very spiritual, an angel told me he could not harm me. Nonetheless, he makes me very uncomfortable. For many years, I only experienced the dark one in the in between state. It wasn't until The Lord saved my life on 1/1/87, and I accepted Jesus as my Savior that these visits became more intense. Sometimes I do believe there's a spiritual fight for my very soul. As I've grown stronger in my faith, I do believe my earthly assignment is one to battle in spiritual warfare and that is why I believe I have been so uniquely gifted. Now I assure you I have no idea of why the incubus experiences are occurring. The only thing I can fathom is simply to distract me from my assignment. When The Lord calls someone, He gives each person a unique gift and each a specific task. I notice the stronger I get spiritually, the stronger these experiences get. In fact, as I type this something watches me to the right. I feel him watching. Last Friday night my dogs were growling and barking incessantly and then I felt it so strong. I began to pray a spiritual warfare prayer, the dogs stopped barking and it went away. I know it can't touch me but it is incredibly eerie.

I haven't a clue as to why I'm sharing all this. I think I just need to get it out because I've been holding it in for so long and I am so very tired. I feel like John Coffey in the Green Mile in that I'm dog tired and I just want it to stop. I can't share it with those around me because it frightens them or they think I'm crazy. So, I say nothing. Maybe if I could understand it that would help. I worked as an insurance adjuster until about 2 years ago when I resigned in this awful economy having no job prospects because I was terrified that something had attached to me. After inspecting a home in which I sensed the most evil ever, I began to have strange occurrences in my home. I had to have my home blessed after I heard voices and something lifted my arm while I was asleep. I have no idea as to why I am sharing all this. I guess it's easier to "speak" with strangers. I have had so many "weird" experiences in my life and this is just a few of them.

But thanks for letting me unleash. Sometimes I just feel isolated and so alone....(sighing)

You are a Christian mystic. You need to gather some tools. You don't have to suffer.

:(

White Crane Feather, can you elaborate on what's a christian mystic and how to acquire the tools? I am exasperated here. Thanks

Well a mystic is a sensitive person that has visions, sees things, enters altered states of consciousness, eventually gains knowledge. Somone with an awareness of the other side of reality. A Christian mystic is simply this but follows Christianity.

Your tools will be prayer/meditation, to enter altered states of consciousness. Then you will be taught other things once you gain some skill in that area.

Your first step however is to master your shadow. It's a common theme. The best way to do this is to creat a confrontation between you and it.

Edited by White Crane Feather

Yes betfitnana, you are infinitely more powerful than this being / shadow projection,

1. it can not harm you or match your physical density and strength on the physical plane.

2. once you engage your awareness and energy body on the astral / etheric realm, and you come into your true power. It would be like flicking a fly off you.

The reason you feel powerless about it is because you have been trying to deal with it from your 3d mind and perception, instead of your 'spirit / soul' awareness, ie the divine non physical part of you. The tools that white crane explained are how you move from your 3d mind to your divine spirit/soul body of power. Once you have shifted awareness youwill have the ability to send it off. You don't wait for another occurrence, although you could, but in this case i wouldn't since the nature of it... you get into that higher aspect of yourself and then you state and request like you are voiding a contract "By universal law everything that is not me, must leave my energy field now. You do not have permission to enter my space again and if you refuse my will, you will be deported by force"

Then you ask your highest self and the angelics ( if you have ones you like in particular, ask them too) to send down a collection team now to remove everything that refuses to leave your energy field / space.

Follow this through and repeat if you feel you need to.

• Like 1

White Crane Feather and bLu3 de 3n3rgy, thanks so much for replying. I'm just trying to understand what's going on. Now I'm a very spiritual person so times when I feel a strong presence, I will bless myself with Holy Oil. I also pray to my angels for protection. I'm also happy that you brought up the other dimension because I believe that there are parallel dimensions. When I've tried to discuss this with others around me, they think I'm some kind of kook. I'm so glad to have others in which I can discuss this. I will utilize your suggestions.

Thanks again

• Like 1

White Crane Feather and bLu3 de 3n3rgy, thanks so much for replying. I'm just trying to understand what's going on. Now I'm a very spiritual person so times when I feel a strong presence, I will bless myself with Holy Oil. I also pray to my angels for protection. I'm also happy that you brought up the other dimension because I believe that there are parallel dimensions. When I've tried to discuss this with others around me, they think I'm some kind of kook. I'm so glad to have others in which I can discuss this. I will utilize your suggestions.

Thanks again

Yes, I understand hiding your kookiness :D very well. You will be fine. We are here to offer support if you need anything :)