Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you all think of the Ouija Board ?

LostSouls7

Revealing the future =/= predicting an event.

Revealing the future? Doubt it

while mum's experience was with a malevolent spirit who really did curse the marriage.

Why do you come to this conclusion? Couldn't it be that the 'spirit' was foreseeing the future?

Why do you come to this conclusion? Couldn't it be that the 'spirit' was foreseeing the future?

Holy crap, this Ouija can type!

• Like 1

Holy crap, this Ouija can type!

I decided I should move with the times as so many people were discrediting The Board as a 'game'.

• Like 2

My brother used to make his own ouija board by drawing letters on the sidewalk and using a roll of tape as the cursor, or whatever its called. I had no idea what he was doing at the time, I was just a kid and never heard of the ouija board. He also used to draw pictures of strange creatures all the time, and at that time I had no idea that that was also spiritual. I haven't talked to him about his spiritual experiences but he spent at least 10 years homeless and has some really strange friends, like guys with tattoos on their faces and missing ears and stuff like that, I (strongly) assume also the drug life. I'm not saying its because of the ouija board. But I do think it was part of the all encompassing dynamic of what was going on with him. Another kid I know just started getting into the ouija board, she already has been having problems with insomnia and trips to the mental hospital.... :-/

OH and another kid (a close friend of my god-niece) was communicating with a demon and it got attached to her and she was calling it her God, it was started being visible to her and following her everywhere she went, my niece was able to get rid of it for her, and that is the last I heard about it, hopefully she is still ok. They didn't tell me anything about the Ouija board being used, but obviously she was communicating with it.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Is there an I-Ouija? Some kind of online Ouija board? Maybe you just login and touch the screen (even non-touchscreens) and it will spout off letters at you.

• Like 1

My brother used to make his own ouija board by drawing letters on the sidewalk and using a roll of tape as the cursor, or whatever its called.

You just reminded me of one of the funnier, innocent threads from this site in the past, based around that cursor, or 'planchette': http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171014entry3206948

It was funnier at the time, because Paranormalcy had his long-time signature, which was his name spelled on a Ouija board, with a large planchette displayed in the middle of the signature. Paranormalcy was the resident Ouija expert, which made his resulting reply that much more funny.

Edited by _Only

It's just a boring toy. Anything else ascribed to it is just make believe, and you all know it.

Still regurgitating the same old mindless ****, I see. :hmm:

Still regurgitating the same old mindless ****, I see. :hmm:

Gee, how sweet.. OK Ouija, in my not so humble opinion (which as far as I am aware, we are entitled to give on this public forum..), it's FAR LESS than a toy. If you claim otherwise, show us some decent evidence for that opinion. Not anecdotes, not handwaves, but evidence. Evidence that might stand up in a court case, f'rinstance.

Now I'm going to take a wild guess that because of the 'very special' nature of this device, it cannot possibly be tested in a scientific manner, right..? And only true believers can make it work, and even then only when skeptics aren't around with all their negative energy..? ... am I using all the right excuses words?

Anyway, do give us your opinion. I'll accept it if it is valid. If it isn't.. I promise I won't use an ad hominem like you just did. I'll just address the facts or lack of them.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

I didn't come to this conclusion. I said that this is what believers would say, and I know this is so because that is what believers in the past have told me. I'll add "the spirit simply foresaw the event and relayed it" to the list next time.

Gee, how sweet.. OK Ouija, in my not so humble opinion (which as far as I am aware, we are entitled to give on this public forum..), it's FAR LESS than a toy. If you claim otherwise, show us some decent evidence for that opinion. Not anecdotes, not handwaves, but evidence. Evidence that might stand up in a court case, f'rinstance.

Now I'm going to take a wild guess that because of the 'very special' nature of this device, it cannot possibly be tested in a scientific manner, right..? And only true believers can make it work, and even then only when skeptics aren't around with all their negative energy..? ... am I using all the right excuses words?

Anyway, do give us your opinion. I'll accept it if it is valid. If it isn't.. I promise I won't use an ad hominem like you just did. I'll just address the facts or lack of them.

This section of the boards isn't for debating the validity of an opinion. If you want debate there are plenty of other sections. In the case of this thread, we're being asked our opinions on Ouija Boards. So people share opinions and relate stories. That's what this section is designed for. It's not designed to demand proof.

Opinions huh? Let's see if I can put my opinion into words. Absurdity,balderdash,baloney.bull,bunk,claptrap,drivel,fatuity,folly,foolishness,hogwash,hooey,hot air,inanity,irrationality,jive,ludicrousness,mumbo jumbo,poppycock,rot,senselessness,silliness,trash, and tripe. I think that sums it up.

It's just a boring toy. Anything else ascribed to it is just make believe, and you all know it.

I, for one, honestly don't know that. It's a dangerous and unfruitful stance to hold that anyone possibly having a differing opinion or mindset to your own is somehow secretly holding the same opinion yet doesn't want to admit it. It's just plain wrong, in most cases. Maybe I'm taking what you wrote too literally, but it's so hard to tell.

• Like 2

I think the problem is that this is (usually) a multiple person activity. So, if you have one person who expresses a very negative response, all are going to affected negatively. It can allow not just one person to move their thoughts to a different level, but allow that person to move the thoughts of others, which IMHO is dangerous.

I think that happens all the time anyway. The outlet might actually be healthy. I think it can go to far, but so can spin the bottle. The things that young people do when they are away and in an isolated gathering are always a bit edgy. It's part of exploring tolerances, limitations, and group dynamics.

I played it a few times In high school and I had a good experience with it. This cutie named Samantha was scared, so she would not leave my side, holding my hand, and wanted my arms around her constantly. That was a good night let me tell you. So yeah I loved the scary game. I would have played it every weekend in those circumstances if I could. I owe my awe of long dark hair on a woman to the oujii.

The point is that people make it dark, it's not dark all by itself. Throw some religious dogma into the mix and it can be bad.

It's simple, if your religion dosnt like it, then don't play the damned thing.

Oujiis don't scare or influence people, people scare and influence people.

That's not to say that it can't be a tool to connecting your awareness to metaphysical reality, but meditation, casting bones, and a certain cactus can do this also. Nothing special good or bad about a board game.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

ouija board is just some mumble jumble board game to scare the kids

I like how near the end when they are asking the spirit board questions, the lady needs to lean over and check the sliding piece to see if it is on Yes, or No. SHES THE PERSON WHO DESIGNED THE FREAKING BOARD!!! WHy does she have to lean over and confirm that it is sitting on Yes. She knows that where it went says Yes...

That was an amusing video Cowboy.

how do I feel about the Board : its a dangerous game. and why for the love of you; do they package & sell this

as a game /and for kids - teens? If you have one....please rid yourself of it !! very experienced with this matter.

not afraid...... just a tip! & my two cents

I think that happens all the time anyway. The outlet might actually be healthy. I think it can go to far, but so can spin the bottle. The things that young people do when they are away and in an isolated gathering are always a bit edgy. It's part of exploring tolerances, limitations, and group dynamics.

I played it a few times In high school and I had a good experience with it. This cutie named Samantha was scared, so she would not leave my side, holding my hand, and wanted my arms around her constantly. That was a good night let me tell you. So yeah I loved the scary game. I would have played it every weekend in those circumstances if I could. I owe my awe of long dark hair on a woman to the oujii.

The point is that people make it dark, it's not dark all by itself. Throw some religious dogma into the mix and it can be bad.

It's simple, if your religion dosnt like it, then don't play the damned thing.

Oujiis don't scare or influence people, people scare and influence people.

That's not to say that it can't be a tool to connecting your awareness to metaphysical reality, but meditation, casting bones, and a certain cactus can do this also. Nothing special good or bad about a board game.

I personally enjoy meditation and consulting the bones !

• Like 1

I personally enjoy meditation and consulting the bones !

Me to. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ouija Boards? :rolleyes: I think it is a plaything for kids first grade special school. Alternatively a tool for scammers how earning on human stupidity.

The actual contact with spirits is possible. But through meditation or magick evocation. Not by using glass and a scrap of paper.

Never thought I would be talking about this but here goes. I had a good friend, we'll call him Joe. He was the kind of person who challenged everything. Joe got hold of a homemade Ouija board which I remember very well. He started using it and became a totally different person, claiming that he was summoning demons and that the demons were tormenting him. I remember being with Joe and chopping the board up and burning it in a metal trash can, only to have it turn up in some other part of his house. I moved away from there eventually and heard from family out there that Joe passed away.

I always wondered what happened to Joe.

Edited by atomk12