Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scottish Sewer Blocked by Large Pooh

Leonardo

A large Winnie the Pooh teddy, a bike, a fax machine, jeans and a snake were among a host of bizarre items found in Scotland's sewers last year.

Scottish Water said it dealt with more than 40,000 blockages in the drains and sewer network.

Most were caused by people putting things such as cooking oil, nappies and baby wipes down sinks and toilets.

It is running an awareness campaign to highlight the issue, which it said creates costs of more than £7m a year.

A series of television and radio adverts will urge householders to dispose of kitchen and bathroom waste responsibly.

source

To all our Scottish cousins, a plea...

Please dispose of your Pooh's responsibly. :mellow:

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 4

How in the world do you get a large stuffed animal down your toilet? I will never understand people who flush the craziest things. People have to be told everything. Mattresses will be coming with labels, "do not chop into pieces and flush down your toilet". Good grief.

• Like 1

How in the world do you get a large stuffed animal down your toilet? I will never understand people who flush the craziest things. People have to be told everything. Mattresses will be coming with labels, "do not chop into pieces and flush down your toilet". Good grief.

'People' have been stealing the drain covers. They're even stealing brass 'In Memoriam' plaques from park benches these days. I'd blame immigrants but I'd be hanged, drawn and quartered by the PC Brigade.

• Like 1

Really 40,000 blockages a year? :unsure2: Holy cow, thats 1 blockage on average every 15 minutes of a 24 hour day every single day. Think of the poor council workers, they must suffer exhaustion manning these sewers day in night out working their shifts like determined coalminers. No doubt the fire brigade is on standby to relieve our unsung scottish heroes.

• Like 1

Really 40,000 blockages a year? :unsure2: Holy cow, thats 1 blockage on average every 15 minutes of a 24 hour day every single day. Think of the poor council workers, they must suffer exhaustion manning these sewers day in night out working their shifts like determined coalminers. No doubt the fire brigade is on standby to relieve our unsung scottish heroes.

Either that or those council workers are full of ****! (It takes six men to mow an old persons tiny lawn so am guessing it took twelve men to remove that Pooh bear)

• Like 1

Either that or those council workers are full of ****! (It takes six men to mow an old persons tiny lawn so am guessing it took twelve men to remove that Pooh bear)

I've just been searching youtube for Billy Connolly's 'The Jobbie Weetcha'....can't find the damned thing anywhere!

• Like 1

I've just been searching youtube for Billy Connolly's 'The Jobbie Weetcha'....can't find the damned thing anywhere!

• Like 2