Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reverse Engineering ET's

mister

i've always thought that by applying many things that we know about ourselves, we can "reverse engineer" so-to-speak many things about extraterrestials and therefore answer many of the big questions in ufology. like the question of why are they here? well if advanced et's are really out there i think it'd be safe to assume they have a nasa just like ours or space-exploration companies etc. who knows, maybe we are being visited by their discovery channel and they just watch us back home on their 3d holographic tvs very much the same way we watch giraffes mating on natgeo. it could be worse, maybe their hostile?

im very interested in other people's ideas. why are they visiting? what have you been able to reverse engineer about them using what you know about us?

Think about this fact. Comparing the newest discoveries that are about to me made in the future with those existent in the past, humanity today is somewhere in 1860's. Try to imagine how many processes and discoveries would be made until 2200's.

The only problem today is of many researchers and second hand scientists unfortunately employed by numerous organizations believing they know everything about everything. If they can't produce an explanation of a. Complex phenomenon , in their vision it means that is not real or it never occurred.

• Like 1

The only problem today is of many researchers and second hand scientists unfortunately employed by numerous organizations believing they know everything about everything. If they can't produce an explanation of a. Complex phenomenon , in their vision it means that is not real or it never occurred.

All you have to do is scan this site to see how true this is. Although, they're not employed by any organization that matters on the subject.

• Like 3

It would be a joke if it wasn't so sad. Someone sees a light in the sky, experiences sleep paralysis, or hallucinates bug eyed bogeymen and suddenly there's a whole world to be reverse engineered.

I feel so sorry for some people. Too much imagination wasted on unproven aliens and so little imagination used to expand on and develop our own tech.

Then again, we am hairless monkeys what haz no ideas to build stone walls.

• Like 4

It would be a joke if it wasn't so sad. Someone sees a light in the sky, experiences sleep paralysis, or hallucinates bug eyed bogeymen and suddenly there's a whole world to be reverse engineered.

And sexual abuse. Remember, sexual abuse causes abducktionz.

• Like 3

Think about this fact. Comparing the newest discoveries that are about to me made in the future with those existent in the past, humanity today is somewhere in 1860's. Try to imagine how many processes and discoveries would be made until 2200's.

Very true.

@theSOURCE

Man has always had and always will have a frontier to explore. Nature gave every animal a pastime. Bears like to wrestle, dolphins like to race etc. Humans are natural explorers. Thats why many people enjoy hiking and camping, activities which seem pointless and otherwise uncomfortable but for some reason our brain is hardwired to enjoy them. Anyway, whats the point? Its the "explorer instinct" in us that has led to the greatest discoveries we've ever had like this great continent we now live in.

Space is the new frontier, and the question 'are we alone?' is our motivation to explore it. Maybe we will not find the answer we are looking for, but it doesnt matter. Americo Vespucio and Christopher Columbus also did not find what they were looking for (the edge of the earth, back when the earth was flat) but they found something else. I think even if we are wrong about ET's our dialogue is still constructive because it will motivate us to find something else. All dialogue is constructive.

Remember NASA and its equivalents around the world are all in search for ET life.

• Like 1

Ok this is really far out... first there is no firm proof of any visitations and if they would visit us, we simply cannot know if their culture is at least similar to ours...

Plus you cannot reverse engineer something that is vastly superior to our brain capabilities... if there would be anything to reverse. :D

• Like 1

@Tesla II

Yes I agree there is no proof. But there doesnt need to be, my post was all speculation. I am NOT arguing for their existense.

I'm not assuming their culture is similar to ours at all. But from what scientists know about life, there are universal laws that will apply to all lifeforms in our universe. This means we should be able to use deductive reasoning to make a series of conclusions about them. Again, "if" their really out there.

Edited by Mister
  • Like 2

@theSOURCE

Man has always had and always will have a frontier to explore. Nature gave every animal a pastime. Bears like to wrestle, dolphins like to race etc. Humans are natural explorers. Thats why many people enjoy hiking and camping, activities which seem pointless and otherwise uncomfortable but for some reason our brain is hardwired to enjoy them. Anyway, whats the point? Its the "explorer instinct" in us that has led to the greatest discoveries we've ever had like this great continent we now live in.

Space is the new frontier, and the question 'are we alone?' is our motivation to explore it. Maybe we will not find the answer we are looking for, but it doesnt matter. Americo Vespucio and Christopher Columbus also did not find what they were looking for (the edge of the earth, back when the earth was flat) but they found something else. I think even if we are wrong about ET's our dialogue is still constructive because it will motivate us to find something else. All dialogue is constructive.

Remember NASA and its equivalents around the world are all in search for ET life.

Thank you for helping prove my point. The Earth was not considered flat when Christopher Columbus set sail or Americo Vespucio derived his speculations. It is the uninformed who still hold onto such ridiculous notions that perpetrate that erroneous belief.

Every type of tech (literally) can be traced back to it's origins. There is nothing ET about it. Seriously, name one type of technology that suddenly appeared out of nowhere that must have come from an ET source.

And consider this: Where is our FTL technology? Where is our library of ET life forms? Where is our tech that explains exotic power sources, interdimensional communication, etc.?

It's fun to delve into fantasy, but for me, it's more fun to imagine what can be done with real world technology. It is our future, after all.

• Like 2

Yes I agree there is no proof. But there doesnt need to be, my post was all speculation. I am NOT arguing for their existense.

I'm not assuming their culture is similar to ours at all. But from what scientists know about life, there are universal laws to will apply to all lifeforms in our universe. This means we should be able to use deductive reasoning to make a series of conclusions about them. Again, "if" their really out there.

Universal laws that makes sense to us yes... We haven't yet discovered dark matter or anti matter so once we do whole new level of physics will be discovered? So laws which make sense to us, humans might not apply to alien race... We are somewhat of latecomers to universal party.

They might not even be seen in our spectrum of sight.

Still if we would ( hypothetically ) have a technology that could be reverse engineered it would open doors to things bigger than any sci fi we have imagined. That might end up well for us or really really bad.. Until someone shows up to reclaim it... but i do agree with you i think they are not hostile otherwise i think we wouldn't have this forum. :)

Universal laws that makes sense to us yes... We haven't yet discovered dark matter or anti matter so once we do whole new level of physics will be discovered? So laws which make sense to us, humans might not apply to alien race... We are somewhat of latecomers to universal party.

They might not even be seen in our spectrum of sight.

Still if we would ( hypothetically ) have a technology that could be reverse engineered it would open doors to things bigger than any sci fi we have imagined. That might end up well for us or really really bad.. Until someone shows up to reclaim it... but i do agree with you i think they are not hostile otherwise i think we wouldn't have this forum. :)

Dar matter is mathematically a reality and and the only explanation for current physics we apply to explain behaviors of planets. It is necessary to explain exact gravitational trajectories and rotational angles remaining unchanged from millenniums. More easier applied to our planet Earth, sun's gravitational field isn't enough to maintain Earth or other planets in a such precise orbit. Think about Dark matter as to a bowl of mashed potatoes, put your finger insight it and make a circle. Then put a light ball of the same size in it and moved it around. That is what dark matter is for.

Edited by qxcontinuum

i see this argument so many times on this site it's getting anoyying why must you all hold onto the notion that aliens are so diffrent from us that there tech and apperence would be indistinguishable. as previously stated there are universal laws and instead of leaning toward the notion that hey could be so much diffrent from us they could also be exactly like us with minor diffrences

• Like 1

Every type of tech (literally) can be traced back to it's origins. There is nothing ET about it. Seriously, name one type of technology that suddenly appeared out of nowhere that must have come from an ET source.

Uh, when did i mention technology that can be traced to an ET source? When i talk about "reverse engineering ET's" in this thread i'm talking about using what we know about ourselves and all lifeforms in general to make hypothetical conclusions about other intelligent life that may be out there.

And consider this: Where is our FTL technology? Where is our library of ET life forms? Where is our tech that explains exotic power sources, interdimensional communication, etc.?

Again.

It's fun to delve into fantasy, but for me, it's more fun to imagine what can be done with real world technology. It is our future, after all.

And so much of this real world technology was once fantasy.

Dar matter is mathematically a reality and and the only explanation for current physics we apply to explain behaviors of planets. It is necessary to explain exact gravitational trajectories and rotational angles remaining unchanged from millenniums. More easier applied to our planet Earth, sun's gravitational field isn't enough to maintain Earth or other planets in a such precise orbit. Think about Dark matter as to a bowl of mashed potatoes, put your finger insight it and make a circle. Then put a light ball of the same size in it and moved it around. That is what dark matter is for.

Yes i agree that is reality but it has yet to be discovered in sense of what really is? I am no expert is this field i just wanted to give an example of what we don't know beside not knowing a lot more that only these 2.

We think we have it all worked out just to be surprised by something new the next day...

I agree with Mister that life elsewhere has most likely the same building blocks of life than we have, it might just look different due to planetary conditions. But laws of physics might not be the same.

i see this argument so many times on this site it's getting anoyying why must you all hold onto the notion that aliens are so diffrent from us that there tech and apperence would be indistinguishable. as previously stated there are universal laws and instead of leaning toward the notion that hey could be so much diffrent from us they could also be exactly like us with minor diffrences

Yes i agree, but let me give an example abit absurd but still... Lets take for example the Alien from that movie... What if evolution went horribly wrong on a planet xyz and those building blocks of life turned out to be a smart cunning predator lifeform? On another planet evolution underwent same phase as we do and they look exactly the same but with minor differences like you said. What do you think about this? Is it possible?

Yes i agree, but let me give an example abit absurd but still... Lets take for example the Alien from that movie... What if evolution went horribly wrong on a planet xyz and those building blocks of life turned out to be a smart cunning predator lifeform? On another planet evolution underwent same phase as we do and they look exactly the same but with minor differences like you said. What do you think about this? Is it possible?

was that a retorical question and if not id say it is very much possible but minor diffrences on a planetary scale would be big diffrences

was that a retorical question and if not id say it is very much possible but minor diffrences on a planetary scale would be big diffrences

No it wasn't rhetorical, i was wondering what your opinion might be on how the same stardust became 2 different things under somewhat same circumstances and thanks for answer. :)

@Tesla II

As mentioned previously dark matter has been proven to exist. But yes i agree there is so much we dont know but my point is it all has the same building blocks, so there are generalizations that we can make with certainty. Like for example all lifeforms need an energy source, which means they need to constantly hunt for that energy source, same way we hunt for animals. Or produce it, like we produce farming.

Energy may not be the only thing they need though, which means they might have to produce many more things (like we do) and some might have an advantage when it comes to producing certain things which would give rise to trade and a specialized economy in which each individual has what we would call a "job" and may be part of a "company" and so on and so forth.

When you put it all together, not only is it possible that their lifestyles parallels ours, but i think its actually IMPOSSIBLE for it NOT to.

• Like 2

Mister i agree with you but in my opinion evolution varies they might be different in any aspect you just wrote, or they look and live similar to us... god knows, and soon we will too at least i think so. I will drop by later to see what other people think about this.. interesting topic.

• Like 1

Uh, when did i mention technology that can be traced to an ET source? When i talk about "reverse engineering ET's" in this thread i'm talking about using what we know about ourselves and all lifeforms in general to make hypothetical conclusions about other intelligent life that may be out there.

You're joking, right? In case you weren't aware, ET stands for Extra-Terrestrial. It has nothing to do with life on Earth. If you meant life indigenous to this planet then perhaps you should have worded your thread a bit more clearly.

And so much of this real world technology was once fantasy.

Please don't resort to a straw man argument. Just because a penguin can swim does not make it a fish.

Can the believers in reverse-engineered technology please point to them? Can they point to one technology that isn't in and o itself a development of previously understood technologies/scientific principles? Because, of all the claims out there this should be the easiest to prove.

• Like 3

Can the believers in reverse-engineered technology please point to them? Can they point to one technology that isn't in and o itself a development of previously understood technologies/scientific principles? Because, of all the claims out there this should be the easiest to prove.

yes there is fiber optics which is rumored to have been found in crashed ufo's on "how it's made" they had to dedicate a whole episode to show how it is made and let me tell you it seems a little ahead of our time to say the least.

Where's p ? Did the weather cool down and he went outside? :w00t:

• Like 1