Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Ghost caught on film?

Subsonicjourno

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/video-ghost-been-caught-camera-6717451 friend of mine posted this news story on facebook. Looked pretty freaky.

The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.

Manager Tony Dooley spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had mysteriously stopped recording at 6.18am.

The freaky footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton.

• Like 1

http://www.mancheste...-camera-6717451 friend of mine posted this news story on facebook. Looked pretty freaky.

Manager Tony Dooley spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had mysteriously stopped recording at 6.18am.

Any chance your mate/friend can show us a photo of that camera during the day so we can compare it to night?
  • Like 2

Guess this one is starting to make the rounds- another thread just got locked and redirected here by someone posting the story a friend shared with them.

I thought the video interesting. The flickering lights, and whatever it is in the middle that lights up for a couple frames. Looks creepy as hell whatever it is. A pity that the reason for the camera malfunction isn't noted in the article.

A couple notions.. Perhaps some decor that reflected really weird for a couple moments? Or whatever it is showed up as part of the camera malfunction? Or the footage manipulated?

It would be easy to create something like this with compositing software. That doesn't mean it isn't real... but I don't think it is.

Any chance your mate/friend can show us a photo of that camera during the day so we can compare it to night?

Sorry, I thought your friend was the pub owner.

• Like 1

I have a few theories on this case.

A) Ambulance/Police lights, This can causes shadows and random movement a long the wall.

B). Constant over taping the tape, The blinking and imagines are over lapping video footage, There been a few cases where the timer has had two numbers in it. Look at frame 15 and frame 27.

• Like 4

A) Ambulance/Police lights, This can causes shadows and random movement a long the wall.

B). Constant over taping the tape, The blinking and imagines are over lapping video footage, There been a few cases where the timer has had two numbers in it. Look at frame 15 and frame 27.

First thing that came my mind was that the flickering lights and movement of some of the shadows on the walls seemed consistent with an emergency vehicle driving past outside the pub. Dunno about the actual ghost thing though that appears in the middle of the frame at one point. Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

First thing that came my mind was that the flickering lights and movement of some of the shadows on the walls seemed consistent with an emergency vehicle driving past outside the pub. Dunno about the actual ghost thing though that appears in the middle of the frame at one point.

I forgot to mention it is recorded in black and white.

Well having to work my security cam at work, Sometimes when random light flickers at the camera, it gets over whelmed with lights or even movement it can glitch but i believe firmly it is a reflection.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

I am very skeptical about this,the abundance of light coming in from passing traffic,and as already been mentioned constant over taping,personally i agree with Mr Topp and I would put my money on reflection.There is nothing paranormal here...

• Like 3

As JesseCuster said on a different topic. If the people who submit the footage gave the specs of the device they use would help us understand and eliminate possibilities. I wish we could see a few seconds of the same camera but recorded during the day, it will help give us more insight if the "ghost" head is a reflection or not.

• Like 1

First thing that came my mind was that the flickering lights and movement of some of the shadows on the walls seemed consistent with an emergency vehicle driving past outside the pub. Dunno about the actual ghost thing though that appears in the middle of the frame at one point.

they gave time date and location, I am going to check the map and see if there is cross roads. then I check to see if there were any police and ambulence records
  • Like 1

I've been drinking in that pub a few times (sells a particularly strong cider that its famous for)Its not on a busy road,I wouldn't swear to it but I think its a dead end a couple of 100 metres past the pub.However there is a crossroads further up the street,in the opposite direction, that is quite busy.As I haven't been in the pub for many years I'm having trouble working out where the cctv camera is in relation to the road outside but I'm going for some kind of light reflection as the likely reason for the images

I've been drinking in that pub a few times (sells a particularly strong cider that its famous for)Its not on a busy road,I wouldn't swear to it but I think its a dead end a couple of 100 metres past the pub.However there is a crossroads further up the street,in the opposite direction, that is quite busy.As I haven't been in the pub for many years I'm having trouble working out where the cctv camera is in relation to the road outside but I'm going for some kind of light reflection as the likely reason for the images

do you have the exact address?
  • Like 1

It would be good to know the position of 'Cam 1' as this was Cam 2. Did cam 1 also malfunction?

also note the shadow on the right hand wall at around 28 seconds.

At around one oclock position there is some kind of light source akin to a door partly opening, this happens at the start just seconds prior to the flashing lights.

The address of the pub is 6-8 Churchgate,Bolton,Lancashire BL1 1HL

• Like 1

Emergency lights - that was my first thought as well. It would be interesting to see where the camera is in relation to the windows.

Edited by Rafterman

I found a comment on another website by someone who claims to be the ex-landlord of this pub and who said that the pub tends to get haunted whenever business is slack. Can't speak to the truth of that statement.

• Like 5

I found a comment on another website by someone who claims to be the ex-landlord of this pub and who said that the pub tends to get haunted whenever business is slack. Can't speak to the truth of that statement.

Isn't that always the case? I wouldn't be surprised if some of these papers charge for stories like this.

After watching the clip yes, there could be a ghost in the footage, there is definately something there, but there is maybe a more simple and natural explanation for the flickering lights. Nearly every pub has gaming/gambling machines which have lights that constantly change and flicker, even when not being played. If a machine had not been switched off then that could be the reason for the lights. It would be interesting to know if the pub does have such a machine and if it had not been switched off on the night in question.

It seems that old pubs are a favorite hang out for ghosts and other things that go "bump"" in the middle of the night.

It would certainly bring in the local inquisitive patrons........... and lets not forget the tourist buses.

Nothing like an old fashioned pub meal, a cold beer and a ghost to boot for a fun night out. :tsu:

It`s quite simple. The crop-circle pranksters switched to indoor activities due to bad weather conditions

in England these days.