Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man tries to feed 'himself' to Tigers

seeder

Yes just when you think you have heard it all..

Depressed factory worker is mauled by Chinese zoo's white tiger after offering HIMSELF up as food in front of horrified onlookers

Chengdu Zoo visitors photographed a man climb inside the tiger pen

Yang Jinhai, 27, behaved erratically and danced around the animals

One of them retreated, but another dragged him around the enclosure

He escaped unharmed after being restrained by zoo officials

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561113/Horrific-moment-Chinese-man-gets-mauled-white-tiger-jumping-enclosure-trying-feed-bag-rice.html#ixzz2tajBIQxf

• Like 1

He should consider feeding himself to the homeless.

• Like 1

Depressed factory worker is mauled by Chinese zoo's white tiger after offering HIMSELF up as food in front of horrified onlookers

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2tajBIQxf

I was just looking at this before you posted it. I'm not so sure the Daily Mail have got this right. They've sourced another site for this news story, and in the other site they said the man was carrying white rice and wanted to feed the tiger. He could have meant to feed the tiger with the rice, not offer himself as food.

When asked why he entered the enclosure, the man said that he 'simply wanted to feed the tigers'. The backpack he had brought into the enclosure was found to be filled with rice.

http://shanghaiist.c...chengdu-zoo.php

If you read both articles there's quite a difference all round between the two. The Daily Mail are focusing too much on him being depressed in their version.

• Like 3

Seems like a hoax to me

I was just looking at this before you posted it. I'm not so sure the Daily Mail have got this right. They've sourced another site for this news story, and in the other site they said the man was carrying white rice and wanted to feed the tiger. He could have meant to feed the tiger with the rice, not offer himself as food.

http://shanghaiist.c...chengdu-zoo.php

If you read both articles there's quite a difference all round between the two. The Daily Mail are focusing too much on him being depressed in their version.

Ah well spotted, well I guess its not beyond the DM to put their sensational twist on it. I guess if they said a man tried to feed tigers and got mauled - that wouldn't be such a strong headline! Oh well...

• Like 2

According to one witness the Tiger roared "Tastes like Chicken" before being driven back to it's den by Zoo keepers.

• Like 2

Who feeds a tiger rice? The tiger is going to look at you like you are an idiot. They don't have roaming wild rice that tigers snack on in their natural habitat. This guy doesn't need a doctor, he needs Wikipedia.

• Like 3

Ah well spotted, well I guess its not beyond the DM to put their sensational twist on it. I guess if they said a man tried to feed tigers and got mauled - that wouldn't be such a strong headline! Oh well...

but it by no means changes the fact that he is an idiot
  • Like 2

Who feeds a tiger rice? The tiger is going to look at you like you are an idiot. They don't have roaming wild rice that tigers snack on in their natural habitat. This guy doesn't need a doctor, he needs Wikipedia.

What he needed was some chicken to go with the rice, done in a nice sauce. Tigers like chicken madras, for instance. They would have lapped it up and been his pals for life.

• Like 2

I'm surprised the tiger didn't try to claw his own throat for living on a rice diet. I don't think the man was depressed, he's just sadistic. Come on. A vegetarian tiger? Blasphemy!

• Like 1

Father: ''Did I ever tell you of the story of an Chinese man trying to feed himself to the tigers"