Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syrian Girl sentenced to death

MysteryMike

So having a facebook account is the equivilent to adultery?

The article says Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militants reportedly stoned girl to death

so which is it? Syria or Iraq? Well it is the daily mail so detail are bound to be sketchy and unreliable I suppose.

• Like 1

I'm curious as what the girls age was.

Here is the original source, and now we have at least a name: Fatoum Al-Jassem. This still sounds very dubious to me. I would prefer we would not post dailymail articles on such delicate topics. It's simply not journalism.

• Like 3

While I wouldn't put doing this past the organizations mentioned, has this been verified by another source?...

While I wouldn't put doing this past the organizations mentioned, has this been verified by another source?...

Yes it has, see Flombies post.

So these apparently are the guys on whos behalf the rest of the world wishes the USA to intervene on? This is the alternative that the people of Syria prefer over Assad? Just more reasons for other countries to stay out of Syria, and by that I mean all other countries, and at all military levels of involvement. Don't give support to either side I say. Wait until thier is a victor and then start political dealings with that entity. I say that but know that whoever makes the better arrangement with corporate interests will be getting aid. It's obviously Assads unwillingness to let them build pipelines through Syria that are the true reason for the corporate sponsored insurrection.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Yes it has, see Flombies post.

(...)

I would not call that verification. There is still no authoritative source. Only these poorly written factless reports. So far, I cannot form abn eductated guess wether this pices of nes is fabricated or not, but it does seem like propaganda or that it's been put on for generating website traffic.

• Like 1

Here is the original source, and now we have at least a name: Fatoum Al-Jassem. This still sounds very dubious to me. I would prefer we would not post dailymail articles on such delicate topics. It's simply not journalism.

The link in your post doesn't seem to be the original source either. I just did a search on Google for the girl's name and several pages of sites came up for this news story, including this one from 6 days ago which was published before the one you've linked to.

http://english.farsn...=13921123000428

It's hard to know if this story is true or where it first came from, but it's gone viral, and as far as I can see the general feelings seem to be that it's propaganda.

• Like 2

The link in your post doesn't seem to be the original source either. I just did a search on Google for the girl's name and several pages of sites came up for this news story, including this one from 6 days ago which was published before the one you've linked to.

http://english.farsn...=13921123000428

It's hard to know if this story is true or where it first came from, but it's gone viral, and as far as I can see the general feelings seem to be that it's propaganda.

Thank you. I trusted another article that revealed my link as the original source. They should have said: "The source we copied it from." :hmm:

• Like 1

Even if the charges are false and the story fabricated it could hardly be worse than the confirmed horrors coming out of this cauldron. Today Syria is a literal hell on earth for those who cannot escape it.

• Like 3

Even if the charges are false and the story fabricated it could hardly be worse than the confirmed horrors coming out of this cauldron. Today Syria is a literal hell on earth for those who cannot escape it.

I agree, but articles like these, if it is fabricated, are trying to demonise one of the sides. Does anyone know what is actually going on in Syria? So many lies, so many groups, so many opposing reports. And it's been pushed so far, that I do not believe 99% of the reports coming out of the region.

I agree, but articles like these, if it is fabricated, are trying to demonise one of the sides. Does anyone know what is actually going on in Syria? So many lies, so many groups, so many opposing reports. And it's been pushed so far, that I do not believe 99% of the reports coming out of the region.

I recently began a book on WWI and it is interesting to note how effectively propaganda and disinformation was used even then. I think the first act of any group is to muddy the water so that nothing is accepted at face value. Syria is a human tragedy and the longer it goes on the greater chance it is going to escalate into something that burns the region and maybe even the world. As it is it has become a "major power" proxy war. Very much like Vietnam and Afghanistan in the 80's. There is no telling what evil is being seeded among those ruined lives.
  • Like 1

I recently began a book on WWI and it is interesting to note how effectively propaganda and disinformation was used even then. I think the first act of any group is to muddy the water so that nothing is accepted at face value. Syria is a human tragedy and the longer it goes on the greater chance it is going to escalate into something that burns the region and maybe even the world. As it is it has become a "major power" proxy war. Very much like Vietnam and Afghanistan in the 80's. There is no telling what evil is being seeded among those ruined lives.

Joseph Goebbels would be a much sought-after man these days.

We have a chap in Syria on these forums dont we? Perhaps he could shed some light on this?

KoS comes and goes as he is able - not sure he checks in that often these days. I hope he is safe.
  • Like 2

We have a chap in Syria on these forums dont we? Perhaps he could shed some light on this?

Maybe they discovered his UM account?
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

This is a fake news.

Yep no video = fake

Interesting.

'Muslim' extremists using a well known name for a pagan god(ess) for their organisation and acting in complete contradiction o/t Qur'an, inventing it as they go along.

Politically motivated proxy armies hiding under the flag of a religion behaving in accordance with the synthesized 21st century big bad boogeyman? Nah.. dont be ridiculous.

Interesting.

'Muslim' extremists using a well known name for a pagan god(ess) for their organisation and acting in complete contradiction o/t Qur'an, inventing it as they go along.

Politically motivated proxy armies hiding under the flag of a religion behaving in accordance with the synthesized 21st century big bad boogeyman? Nah.. dont be ridiculous.

I think I understand the basic premise of most here who condemn me for my stance on Islam and while I obviously don't agree, at least I can respect the difference in opinion. I have a question though - would you consider the 11 men who caused the aircraft to crash on 9-11 Muslims? If you do and if they acted out of their faith in Islam then how is it that westerners can be condemned for believing that Islam caused this war that began that day? I ask because it seems to me that defending Islamic hard liners (devoutly adhering to the Qur'an) is being achieved through guile. For example - attacking anyone who quotes the book by saying they don't understand it. It's a very easy dodge since no one can intimately understand it who wasn't raised in the faith yet the people who kill in the name of Islam readily quote verses themselves...do THEY not understand it as well?

I think I understand the basic premise of most here who condemn me for my stance on Islam and while I obviously don't agree, at least I can respect the difference in opinion. I have a question though - would you consider the 11 men who caused the aircraft to crash on 9-11 Muslims? If you do and if they acted out of their faith in Islam then how is it that westerners can be condemned for believing that Islam caused this war that began that day? I ask because it seems to me that defending Islamic hard liners (devoutly adhering to the Qur'an) is being achieved through guile. For example - attacking anyone who quotes the book by saying they don't understand it. It's a very easy dodge since no one can intimately understand it who wasn't raised in the faith yet the people who kill in the name of Islam readily quote verses themselves...do THEY not understand it as well?

No, I certainly would not. Murdering innocent civilians is the direct antithesis of what the Qur'an teaches. Just like I would not define the Inquisitors, basing their actions on the Bible, as 'Christians'. The same goes for the present day religious hyarchy known as the Roman Catholic Church.

I would pose the mentioned elements use(d) scripture to further their political aspirations. In fact, I am hardpressed to think of any religious group which hasnt been at least partly infiltrated by these sort mundane self enriching considerations. This is to be expected given this is a basic trait of Mankind, it has always been like that. It is not scripture that corrupts man, it is man that corrupts scripture.

A lot of people these days 'read' the Qur'an with a preconceived disposition, looking up verses here and there as if it were an encyclopedia in order to confirm their - often adopted - negative opinion.. You and I both know that one cannot feign to understand any Abrahamic scripture by looking up individual verses, you need to study it completely, excessively - in temporal and societal context. Fewer and fewer people are willing, or able to do so. This goes for all Abrahamic scriptures. And btw, one needs not to have been raised in any given faith to 'intimately understand' it. In fact, a lot of people born into a particular faith are more inclined to just follow what their direct surroundings preach. Those who come into a faith are more inclined to study it extensively before they commit.

In my case, I came from Atheism. I was not born into any faith.

Concerning the Islamic extremists killing civilians with Qur'an in hand.. It is interesting you would use that to imply or conclude the Qur'an actually teaches killing innocents, yet when thesame phenomena arise from people wielding the Bible - past and present - it doesnt have any bearing on that scripture.

Two points:

- seeing Islam as some sort of barbaric / primitive evil religion threatening the West for its 'Freedom and Democracy' is a synthetic trend pervasive in Western society today, creating thousands of 'armchair Islam critics' who deem it fit to use this particular scripture as an encyclopedia to confirm their preconceived notions fed by the media - while never having talked to a Muslim or taking any sort of effort to have anything near a complete picture of their Book.

- every religion, every scripture has 'followers' who are not able [ie. illiterate, incapable] or willing [ie. desires of ego are stronger than desire to follow the teachings] to act in accordance with what is thaught, ego is a b*tch. To condemn the Qur'an for that fact, but exempt other scriptures would be most illogical, most unwise.

Ignorance breeds fear, fear breeds hate. This goes for both sides of the fence. The comical thing is, imho, those who love to condemn the Qur'an based on the acts of extremists and the verses they seem to use are in fact very much alike these very extremists.

Both sides often consist of a top layer of conscious manipulators [unwiling, maintaining mundane agenda's] with a basing of ignorant followers [incapable].

The road is narrow.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 2

This is why I am fundamentally opposed to the death penalty. It needs to be universally banned and should be considered a crime against humanity.

• Like 1

Hi

This is a fake news.

Interesting!

Not the news, YOU lol