Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange 1-Time hallucination (flash of light)

tryinaswagit

This is only one of many strange experiences I have daily, but this one has really stuck with my memory since.

One night I was going to bed, lights out, completely out in the middle of the country with only one side road where the cars drive very slowly. So theres no way this couldve been an outside influence. Is im falling asleep, i get this usual feeling where it feels like im sinking into my body as if i'm going to astral project (side note: have had many near-astral projection experiences, I really don't like the idea or feeling of it, makes me uncomfomortable. that's another story), out of ******* nowhere, a bright, sort of flickering light comes panning down my vision (while my eyes are closed), along with a faint, but high pitched noise escalating as the light comes closer and closer surounding my field of view, all this happening under 1 second before i jump out of bed with my heart racing going "wtf wtf wtf" haha.

Anyways, next day at school were all up at our smoking spot and i bring this up to a group of kids and one of them gets wide eyed and goes "that totally happened to me last night". i ask when he says around 10, which is around when that happened to me. only difference is he was awake listening to music. it tripped him out aswell, both having the experience and sharing it.

what does anybody think of this?

Please understand that my reply is not intended of over shadowing your views. I have a problem sleeping, it is due to my stressful work life and rough child hood. I suffer from sleep paralysis and Hypnagogia and I have seen docotors who are experts on sleeping disorders. My problem is that I am a very light sleeper and any noise wakes me up and i tend to see things. Hypnagogia is when you wake up while being half a sleep or even falling a sleep then woke up. I have experience flashes, monsters, floating gray clouds in my room floating across the room, Shadowmen, burglers, my father and one time a cat that glowed white. There been times when my job would would make we work random long hours which increases my stress levels and I had done weird things such as sleep walking.

Any way, I digress. What you experience could of been Hypnagogia, it is a weird and even scary experience to go through if you never expeirenced it before.

• Like 1

Have you ever been talking to someone and you both go to speak at exactly the same time and you both go to say the exact same thing or you start singing a song at the exact same time they start singing the exact same song? I think those type of co incidence happens a lot and maybe this is the same type of thing you experienced?

you and your buddy is describing a vehicle that has a cd player

• Like 1

i too are on the same boat has you brain.. insomnia, and sleep paralysis, even waking up to early then not going back to sleep, and nights where i do not sleep at all for a whole week.

and on these occasions of sleep problems I hear an eerie cry, or an episode of eerie screaming, even an eerie loud growl..

all can be explained... the cry of a baby fox, the screaming of 2 cats fighting, and the growl of an old motorbike starting up

goes to show what tired weary minds can think

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart

i too are on the same boat has you brain.. insomnia, and sleep paralysis, even waking up to early then not going back to sleep, and nights where i do not sleep at all for a whole week.

and on these occasions of sleep problems I hear an eerie cry, or an episode of eerie screaming, even an eerie loud growl..

all can be explained... the cry of a baby fox, the screaming of 2 cats fighting, and the growl of an old motorbike starting up

goes to show what tired weary minds can think

I don't have any weapons in my room, a baseball bat is next the front door. I am always worried i might hurt something or some one when i have my sleep episodes. As for sounds, That happen at times to.
  • Like 1

i use to have baseball bat at the front door, because i used to live in dagenham essex...

the real world is more scary than a fiction world

• Like 1

This is only one of many strange experiences I have daily, but this one has really stuck with my memory since.

One night I was going to bed, lights out, completely out in the middle of the country with only one side road where the cars drive very slowly. So theres no way this couldve been an outside influence. Is im falling asleep, i get this usual feeling where it feels like im sinking into my body as if i'm going to astral project (side note: have had many near-astral projection experiences, I really don't like the idea or feeling of it, makes me uncomfomortable. that's another story), out of ******* nowhere, a bright, sort of flickering light comes panning down my vision (while my eyes are closed), along with a faint, but high pitched noise escalating as the light comes closer and closer surounding my field of view, all this happening under 1 second before i jump out of bed with my heart racing going "wtf wtf wtf" haha.

Anyways, next day at school were all up at our smoking spot and i bring this up to a group of kids and one of them gets wide eyed and goes "that totally happened to me last night". i ask when he says around 10, which is around when that happened to me. only difference is he was awake listening to music. it tripped him out aswell, both having the experience and sharing it.

what does anybody think of this?

hi

while i was not there and so cannot give you first person testimony, i have to say that your story sounds a lot like other experiencers' especially considering that you heard noise at the time, and, of course, that it was, in a sense, 'shared' by someone else

it could of course be many things..have you asked if anyone in your area perhaps saw something unusual that night?

also, you mentioned that you have other occurrences, almost daily..would you feel comfortable talking about those?(either on the line or privately, whatever you are comfortable with :) )

i think, i don't know of course, but i think that you may have had some sort of sighting(also you're feeling of suddenly 'astral projecting' is a key too). could be paranormal, and, i know i will get 'attacked' here for this one, but it could be extra terrestrial based on a few things you mentioned. either way, best to note it, the time and day, what you were experiencing and what the other person felt and saw also. as time goes on and you meet others who have experienced these things, you might find the answers you seek :)

nice to meet you :)