Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Actual Debate?

msmike1

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone has ever seen an actual debate on the existence of bigfoot. We all have debated it at length here on the forum, and while entertaining I would like to see some so called "experts" in the field debate this with a skeptic. Say Moneymaker or Meldrum sit down and have an actual face to face with an educated, informed skeptic. Has this been done? If so I would like to see/read it. It seems you have the likes of Moneymaker shouting to the heavens about the existence of bigfoot, but I have never seen anyone call him out face to face. Just wishing I guess.

Mike

Meldrum possibly, but what makes Moneymaker an 'expert' of anything?

I'd still enjoy to see it, but I'm afraid it'll end just like all the debates on bigfoot end here. The believers will believe and the skeptics won't.

• Like 1

Well I know that there will be absolute conclusions drawn from any debate of that nature. Believers will believe and others won't with a few on the fence. It would just be interesting to see/hear.

Mike

Well I know that there will be absolute conclusions drawn from any debate of that nature. Believers will believe and others won't with a few on the fence. It would just be interesting to see/hear.

Mike

Science will always be a disadvantage in a debate against pseudoscience/paranormal, especially in a day and age when a pithy internet meme can garner more support than a room full of scientific evidence.

Edited by Rafterman

Meldrum possibly, but what makes Moneymaker an 'expert' of anything?

I'd still enjoy to see it, but I'm afraid it'll end just like all the debates on bigfoot end here. The believers will believe and the skeptics won't.

MM will do what he always does and start with the, "....It's a well established fact that Bigfoots.......", then claim he won. You can't have a debate with a fellow like that because he won't stick to the facts.......excuse me, the real facts.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

I guess I just really want to see someone hand it to Moneymaker on a platter. I really dislike this fellow, and don't even know him, ha thats bad I know. I just want to see someone ask him to his face some very simple questions. Present some actual facts instead of imaginary facts, if there can be such a thing. I want someone to say "ok, how do you know anything factual about a creature we don't even know exists?"

Mike

Science will always be a disadvantage in a debate against pseudoscience/paranormal, especially in a day and age when a pithy internet meme can garner more support than a room full of scientific evidence.

So are you saying that the skeptic will have more evidence that the cryptid does not exist than meldrum would have that it does? LOL! There is proof that bigtush does exist and only opinion that he does not.

So are you saying that the skeptic will have more evidence that the cryptid does not exist than meldrum would have that it does? LOL! There is proof that bigtush does exist and only opinion that he does not.

I agree "bigtush" AKA fatass is real I see them everyday.

On the other hand there is absolutely no, none, zip, zilch, zero evidence for the existence of bigfoot. As many believers and fence sitters do, you are mistaking hearsay and conjecture for evidence.

Meldrum doesn't have squat for evidence. The only thing he has is a legitimate degree that he misuses to attract his following of unquestioning sheep whom are willing to pay for his books, and lectures. He clearly has a financial interest in keeping the bigfoot delusion alive.

Edited by evancj
  • Like 2

I agree "bigtush" AKA fatass is real I see them everyday.

On the other hand there is absolutely no, none, zip, zilch, zero evidence for the existence of bigfoot. As many believers and fence sitters do, you are mistaking hearsay and conjecture for evidence.

Meldrum doesn't have squat for evidence. The only thing he has is a legitimate degree that he misuses to attract his following of unquestioning sheep whom are willing to pay for his books, and lectures. He clearly has a financial interest in keeping the bigfoot delusion alive.

Wow evan? Dude, don't keep it in man; let it out.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

Pick a real big foot researcher not moneymaker you will say something stupid and lose lol.

I do have to agree that what Meldrum has isn't proof, unless you actually know that a Bigfoot is real. It like finding elk tracks, the difference is we know elks are real.

My only concern is that Meldrum has given hoaxers the knowledge to make even more convincing Fake footprints. There was even another primate expert that actually showed how easy it was to make fake foot prints that would leave dermal ridges. That sort of thing really doesn't help.....unless you're a hoaxer. Know I may mean?

Pick a real big foot researcher not moneymaker you will say something stupid and lose lol.

Now you're into something that's subjective as hell. Who's an acceptable researcher for something that is yet to be proved to exist? Shoot, any of us here could be considered experts.

Imo, it would need to be Meldrum v Dr. Todd Disotell (or another scientist who is a skeptic/nonbeliever).

MM and Kin are too hot-headed. And I'd like to see an actual civil debate with science as the basis, not an opinion yelling contest.

There has been a show of skeptics v. the likes of Meldrum on television.

I think? it is named for his book Legend Meets Science. It is a bit one-sided, although made to look like a debate/discussion between the two. So there is some skeptical objections with scientific reasoning behind it.

It plays on Animal Planet every so often.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I saw that too. I was disappointed, it wasvome of those shows that was trying to look objective and scientific but really they only showed one side which was the pro side so the viewer only comes away Feeling that he's seen something objective but in fact he hasn't.

Although, there was an interesting point made by one of the "experts" that I found interesting. We've talked here about there being nothing in the fossil record to indicate anything like this ever existed here. The expert said that for tested are as didn't tend to allow for fossils due to the dynamic of a Forrest. Apparently, if you want fossil it has to be in an area where the bodies get covered up quickly so that fossilization get started quickly and Forrest's just don't lend themselves to that..... Well, that and all the porcupines running around eating bones.

Yes, it was definitely "staged" to look like a two-sided discussion. Shocking :w00t: huh!?

(And it was on DESTHD Destination America owned by Discovery)

• Like 1

I know I was shocked.

See when I see things like this I understand that it's all about keeping the myth going, because there's too much at stake not to keep it going. TV shows, seminars, books and tee shirts, hats and even jewelry. The list goes.

I would venture to say that if a real Bigfoot was ever found then the person finding it might well find himself the target of some vicious attack, if not down right threatened.

You'd be taking away the livelihood of a lot of people and some of them will consider it a personal attack I dare say.

Edited by keninsc

How does one have evidence that something doesn't exist?

Both parties would have the same evidence, would they not?

Naaaw, when you are confined by the limitation of fact then you can create any and all things you need to support your position.

That is a ridiculous statement. Meldrum has exactly not chit to prove bigfoot exists. If he did he would have proved it already. Besides it is not the skeptics job to prove something doesn't exist. That is completely assbackward from the way science works. The believer is burdened with proving something exists. As of yet nobody has done that so it doesn't exist.

Mike

It's easy to prove Bigfoot exists: if someone didn't see a tail then they saw Bigfoot. Moneymaker said so.

All the debunkers would do is twist people's words to attempt to debunk Bigfoot. Moneymaker would never let them do that.

Why yes, that episode of Finding Bigfoot is still bugging me. What a prick that guy is, even on camera.

MoneyMaker ? Is that his name or what he does ?

Yes.

• Like 1

Funny that's what my therapist tells me.

Yeah. mine told me the same thing too.