Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cop shoots 17 year old at home

MysteryMike

Before I clicked on the link I was gonna make a "Damn kids & their video game systems" joke. I didn't realize it really was those damn kids & their video games that were responsible. *Sigh*

Edited by DumpsterJesus
  • Like 1

Please forgive me if I don't believe the cop without video to back up her story.

If they fear for their life so much they would shoot someone like this why are they cops. They should join the chicken brigade.

From the article, It sounds like the cop already had the gun out and pointing waiting for the door to open. I mean if he opened the door, and she saw the controller, then reached for her gun and then pulled and shoot, then that time could have realised. But this seems so instant that she must have been prepared with her gun - Which in my opinion makes the cop a murderer.

• Like 1

Please forgive me if I don't believe the cop without video to back up her story.

If they fear for their life so much they would shoot someone like this why are they cops. They should join the chicken brigade.

Sadly there are a bit of incompetent cops.

Google The Cop Spike Project sometime. It has a lot of examples/

"The Cop Spike Project is a U.S. based legal project being developed to give the public the ability to track police misconduct nationwide that will launch at the end of 2014"

• Like 1

Normally I find most police shootings to have some kind of reasoning behind them, I.e. a suspect with a knife etc. This however is not one of those cases. A cop who has a gun drawn when serving papers should have been scrubbed during training.

• Like 1

If it was that's no excuse.

If it was, I wonder what a Jury would say?

• Like 2

If it was, I wonder what a Jury would say?

Probably something along the lines of gross incompetence. But because an officer shot him they would probably be fine with that. I wonder if they would think the same if it was a neighbour that gunned him down because of a toy gun(if that was indeed the case).

And if it was just a normal wii remote which it seems to sound like. I hope he gets charged appropriately and doesn't evade the law which he is suppose to uphold simply because he is an officer.

"family of a 17-year-old shot and killed by a Euharlee police officer has hired an attorney, and they say he had a remote control in his hand. They say it was not a gun."

• Like 1

It's tragic on both sides. Too much adrenaline on the cop's part and she'll have to live with what she did for the rest of her life. I'm sure she wasn't too happy about what she did at all, maybe even a mother herself.

Then the poor family who lost their son because the dad couldn't stay within the law (remember the police were coming after him).

We are all only humans even though cops are supposed to be above the human standard.

• Like 2