Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP recording my youtube video

jamesjr191

Heres a link to a short youtube I made from 2 EVPs I have captured in Hickory NC. One was from Henry River Village, site of the Hunger Games movie. Hope someone likes it, Thanks. http://youtu.be/tQgxaSTyrE0

• Like 1

Heres a link to a short youtube I made from 2 EVPs I have captured in Hickory NC. One was from Henry River Village, site of the Hunger Games movie. Hope someone likes it, Thanks. [media=]

[/media]

Welcome to the board!

Interesting EVP's.

The last one gave me the willies. Thanks for sharing! :tu:

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 1

I didn't hear the first one but the second one i definitely heard the second one. Dam Pervy Ghost.

• Like 1

Welcome to the board!

Interesting EVP's.

The last one gave me the willies. Thanks for sharing! :tu:

Yep, a bit nasty and mean tempered! Ha Ha

My advice to people who want to hear this EVP - put the YouTube video on and don't watch it so you're not reading the interpretation given. Just listen to it. You'll hear some music intro followed by some random noise, followed by more music and more random noise with the noise of cars driving in the background. Listen to it without watching and see if you can honestly hear anything clear. Then actually watch it.

Nope. Didn't hear a thing. Listened to the video without watching it so I wasn't pre-influenced to hear a certain thing and all I could hear was random noise in both 'EVP' parts.

The first one I can't make out anything resembling a voice and the second one sounds like "mmm thb schch mmm". It's totally indistinct and I have to use my imagination to fill in the detail that doesn't exist to make it sound in my head like what you claim it does.

The thing about EVPs is that people generally need to be told what they're supposed to be listening to and when to listen for it. If they are what people claim they are and as clear as some people claim their EVPs are, you shouldn't need to be told what to hear and when to hear it. The result is that when they are told what to listen for and when they're going to hear it, they're primed to interpret it in a particular way. The sound is always indistinct, vague, noisy, etc. but contains a couple of sounds that sound kinda like consonants of human speech so people who recorded the original EVP fill in the gaps in their head and think it says something. People who then listen to it when prompted will hear the same vague sounds and fill in the gaps with what they're expecting to hear.

Let a bunch of people listen to an EVP without any sort of prompt and you'll get a bunch of them claiming to hear a clear voice. But the voice will be saying different things to different people and people will sometimes claim to hear the EVP at different points in the audio. And a bunch of people, like me, won't hear anything but noise.

Gotta be honest here and no offense to the OP poster, but I'm not remotely impressed. It's random background noise and no more impressive than the "ghosts" that people claim exist in the image sensor noise of their digital photos. I've yet to hear an EVP that actually impressed me. They're given all sorts of fancy names like "Class A" and it's just random noise when listened to. With practise it's not hard to relisten to EVP and "hear" entirely different interpretations each time.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 6

No offense taken, and you could be right. Who knows the truth for real, surely not me.

I always wanted to do an EVP test on youtube but have been too lazy to do it. Same concept, creepy (yet annoying) music, three tests will ask you what the noise would be. I guess you can say a hearing test.

• Like 4

My advice to people who want to hear this EVP - put the YouTube video on and don't watch it so you're not reading the interpretation given. Just listen to it. You'll hear some music intro followed by some random noise, followed by more music and more random noise with the noise of cars driving in the background. Listen to it without watching and see if you can honestly hear anything clear. Then actually watch it.

Nope. Didn't hear a thing. Listened to the video without watching it so I wasn't pre-influenced to hear a certain thing and all I could hear was random noise in both 'EVP' parts.

The first one I can't make out anything resembling a voice and the second one sounds like "mmm thb schch mmm". It's totally indistinct and I have to use my imagination to fill in the detail that doesn't exist to make it sound in my head like what you claim it does.

The thing about EVPs is that people generally need to be told what they're supposed to be listening to and when to listen for it. If they are what people claim they are and as clear as some people claim their EVPs are, you shouldn't need to be told what to hear and when to hear it. The result is that when they are told what to listen for and when they're going to hear it, they're primed to interpret it in a particular way. The sound is always indistinct, vague, noisy, etc. but contains a couple of sounds that sound kinda like consonants of human speech so people who recorded the original EVP fill in the gaps in their head and think it says something. People who then listen to it when prompted will hear the same vague sounds and fill in the gaps with what they're expecting to hear.

Let a bunch of people listen to an EVP without any sort of prompt and you'll get a bunch of them claiming to hear a clear voice. But the voice will be saying different things to different people and people will sometimes claim to hear the EVP at different points in the audio. And a bunch of people, like me, won't hear anything but noise.

Gotta be honest here and no offense to the OP poster, but I'm not remotely impressed. It's random background noise and no more impressive than the "ghosts" that people claim exist in the image sensor noise of their digital photos. I've yet to hear an EVP that actually impressed me. They're given all sorts of fancy names like "Class A" and it's just random noise when listened to. With practise it's not hard to relisten to EVP and "hear" entirely different interpretations each time.

THanks Jesse I wil definitely try this the next time. Should be interesting what the results will be.

I agree and disagree with what you said. I was told to listen to two EVP recordings which i did listen for. I only heard one but not the other one. Just because you and me didn't hear it doesn't mean it isn't there. I agree with you that people shouldn't tell us what to listen for but for those of us who don't know what a EVP is will ask dumb questions like What am i supposed to be listening for? etc., on youtube which is why people need to be able to tune there senses to listen for that Speech. It's the same effect of Faces in Photographs. Some people see them others don't.

In my thread i showed the original picture of what appears to be a face unedited to see if people can find the face and then i zoomed up to show what people should look for in the area. Many people in the thread plugged the photo into photoshop and found more faces which i seem to have missed. Sometimes people may discover more voices in EVPs then what we were original supposed to hear when they listen to it.

Face in Photo

Tell me without reading through the thread other than the OP what do you see in the picture? Yes i know my room was messy......

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

on the headboard seems to be either a skull or very old persons gaunt face. the pillow seems to be shapes put together looking back towards the bed. I believe it is just random dents in the pillow though. As was previously posted I may try posting EVP's with no information till the end and see if anyone else hears them. I was making it too interesting and I guess it could have been misleading to some, making them hear what I hear. Thanks for the reply and thoughts.

Exactly. I wouldn't have heard any of that if I wasn't listening for it and I didn't hear exactly that at all. Also too over produced. I did like AC/DC at the end tho. :)

• Like 3

I sort of hear the 'why do you come' but I more clearly hear 'and now get out' right after. :46-:48.

• Like 1