Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heaven and Back?: Man dead for 45 minutes

Still Waters

I drowned a few years back and had to be resuscitated. I remember the actual drowning was scary, but then my body felt warm and nice. It doesn't hurt at all. Everything around me was black except for a blond man, which is my angel.

Damn I have Auburn hair, but I can always dye it,heh

Yes, our basic psychology is similar and antiquity has no bearing on that. All of us share basic desires and fears - love, death, 'purpose', etc. This is true of anyone, anywhere, any time.

That very much depends on what deity would be "true". Would you be afraid to find out the Abrahamic 'god' was a myth and it was the Greeks, or the Egyptians, who were 'right'?

Personally, I find the thought of that Abrahamic deity more disturbing - as it would imply our only 'purpose' is to die and worship it. Where is the life-meaning in that?

Ahh, but this is NOT about whose version is correct. The topic is about the experience itself and it's striking similarities. AFAIK, all types of religious figures have appeared in these events - and no type at all. And they all happen after a person has been judged to be dead by known definitions of that term.

Hard to be honest on this topic without being judged.But between the clown's on unicycle's and the Satanist and scientific, and the psychedelic, the only way some will ever believe is to die...i can help you if you wish...Lol.But really i do know that God is real because it says "In God we trust" on money...and if you can't trust money,well i just dont know what to say.There is a God.This is something that has to be experienced by the individual. Trying to convince someone of the existence of God is nearly impossible.

Or...a more logical explanation is that you are on hallucinogenic drugs, and they are making you hallucinate. And I don't argue this from a place of ignorance. I have had "experiences", however I view it as chemicals interacting with my brain the way they were intended to. The fact that at the time it may seem like something else, is because the chemicals are doing what they do.

You're very right, but what is waking reality but chemical and electrical signals in the brain? It's not like you've left the confines of your brain or body itself. It's the brain acting how it should act, and these experiences, in my opinion, should be taken more seriously.

• Like 2

Love thinking about the fantastical idea of an afterlife but I just can't quite believe it. Whatever helps you through life I suppose.

Here's something that will make you laugh.And it has Christopher Walken.

• Like 3

Love thinking about the fantastical idea of an afterlife but I just can't quite believe it. Whatever helps you through life I suppose.

Dunno about you, I found Cpt. Robert Snow's case compelling, you're talking stuff that could be verified and was verified,by a hardcore skeptic who had no choice but to turn a believer.

• Like 2

This guy was but changed his ways.

Thanks Hawkin, interesting. Do you think he is legit ?

Thanks Hawkin, interesting. Do you think he is legit ?

Hard to say. A lot of people make these claims and it has changed their lives. One would think there is something to it with all the testimony.

Science claims it's brainwave activity but yet that's not proven 100% either. The NDE is worthy of more deeper investigation.

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 3

Hard to say. A lot of people make these claims and it has changed their lives. One would think there is something to it with all the testimony.

Science claims it's brainwave activity but yet that's not proven 100% either. The NDE is worthy of more deeper investigation.

I was reading something about some scientists claiming that the NDE is caused by electrical surges in the dying brain.

For sure worthy of deeper investigation. I also heard of people with a NDE that did not remember a thing tho.

• Like 2

If NDES are evidence of an afterlife, then why are pilots blacking out during training experiencing the same thing? Why are people experiencing different things? some people say they see jesus, some people see they see joseph smith, some people say they see one of the hindu gods, etc. Theres so many more physical explanations for NDEs.

I love these kinds of stories because they reassure me that God is very active in everyone's lives wether we are aware of it or not. I have to admit, and I'm not proud of it, but I am sometimes jealous that people get to meet God and/or Jesus and they're completely changed from their experiences. I've wished and I've wished and prayed to meet them, but I guess it's not to be at this time. I'm grateful for my own experiences that I feel are related to God, but as selfish as it sounds...I want more. I want to meet God so much. God Bless this man as I'm sure he has and God Bless you all.

How do you know these are real experiences when people experience different things and different religius deities? How do you know what you feel is "god" when people in all kinds of religions feel the exact same confiction as you?

I've seen documentaries where people claim that after death, hideous creatures came and tormented them.

But when they called for Jesus to save them, the creatures backed off and next thing they knew they awoke in the hospital.

And likewise, people have claimed to have experience demonic attacks and recited some hindu prayers, or prayed to "allah" and the "demons" backed off just as well. How do you know it's not just one imagined entity psychologically being overcome with a stronger imagination and belief?

• Like 1

How do you know it's not just one imagined entity psychologically being overcome with a stronger imagination and belief?

That's just it. You don't. As I said before, More Deeper Investigation. Otherwise it's only Speculation on both ends.

• Like 1

So are you willing to sacrifice all the lives on the planet just to meet him?

Ofcourse not. I think we'll all eventually meet him. Not saying we're all staying where he is, but I believe we all will one day see that he is real all along.

• Like 1

Ofcourse not. I think we'll all eventually meet him. Not saying we're all staying where he is, but I believe we all will one day see that he is real all along.

I'm glad to hear that, I wish more of them where like you. This world doesn't need anymore suicidal cultists.

I'm glad that you're glad, although I wouldn't call myself a cultist, lol.

If NDES are evidence of an afterlife, then why are pilots blacking out during training experiencing the same thing? Why are people experiencing different things? some people say they see jesus, some people see they see joseph smith, some people say they see one of the hindu gods, etc. Theres so many more physical explanations for NDEs.

I would imagine it would be subjective, just like an every day occurrence would be. You may see a dime on the ground and step over it, while a homeless man would be in search of said dime. I personally wouldn't expect everyone to see exactly the same thing during an NDE.

• Like 1

Yeah...I seen, and felt it too.Except with me I did the research, and found out it was my own Brain's production of Dopamine.

The second important effect of dopamine is as a "teaching" signal. When a motor response is followed by an increase in dopamine activity, the basal ganglia circuit is altered in a way that makes the same response easier to evoke when similar situations arise in the future. This is a form of operant conditioning, in which dopamine plays the role of a reward signal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine

Excessive amounts of dopamine in the brain produce psychotic symptoms, such as hallucinations or delusions. The mental illness schizophrenia is marked by hallucinations and delusional thoughts. According to the article "The Dopamine Hypothesis of Schizophrenia," on Bryn Mawr College's website, drugs prescribed to treat schizophrenia decrease the levels of dopamine in the brain. Therefore, many researchers believe that excessive dopamine causes the hallucinations and delusions exhibited by schizophrenic people. Chronic users of cocaine and amphetamines also display psychotic symptoms. Cocaine and amphetamines increase the levels of dopamine in the brain.

http://www.livestron...ssive-dopamine/

So I’m Schizophrenic, I see, my step daughter was Schizophrenic for many sad and traumatic years before her death I can assure through my own experience of living with ‘Layla’ that I do not suffer from this terrible illness. Also I partied through the late 60s and early 70s psychedelic days and I can tell you Amphetamines had nothing to do with my meditation experiences then or now. But then again how scientific is any research that sums up by saying ‘many believe?’ If you are going to offer up a materialistic science view point, you should at least be scientific about it. i.e.You posted “Therefore, many researchers believe that”. Only ‘many’ of them, not all of them? and “believe” and not ‘know’ how scientific is that?

Davros I am not trying to covert you, I don’t care what you believe, if you are happy with your research and some of those researchers beliefs that’s fine by me. Here is a vid and in this case the experience of another doctor, have a look.

Take care

Christianpost? Nope.

Fox news jumped on too? Please.

How do you know these are real experiences when people experience different things and different religius deities? How do you know what you feel is "god" when people in all kinds of religions feel the exact same confiction as you?

Instead of asking questions of Speculation, investigate the NBE phenomena to find answers. I'm sure you can google some organization and become a member that looks into this phenomena. This phenomena is a mystery like other phenomenas such as ball lightening or plasma vortexs,

As far as I'm concerned about NDE, If it changes a person in a positive way and they are happier, that's all that matters.

Edited by Hawkin

I don't find personal anecdotes the slightest bit convincing. Just as there are people who you can speak with who will claim alien abduction, bigfoot encounters, and demonic possession. The fact that many people have had these sorts of encounters does nothing to prove the validity of the claims.

yea no one believes me about the giant goanna that took up residence in our back yard either.

I've seen documentaries where people claim that after death, hideous creatures came and tormented them.

But when they called for Jesus to save them, the creatures backed off and next thing they knew they awoke in the hospital.

I could make another mother in law comment regarding the OP, but it might be considered in bad taste. My mother was actually sweet and lovable and passed her genes onto her daughter. Edited by Mr Walker

So are you willing to sacrifice all the lives on the planet just to meet him?

Why would that be necessary? But anyway, every person presently on this planet is going to die eventually, until we improve our medical sciences.

I don't care if you're christian, muslim, jew, mormon, conservative, liberal, democratic, republican, independent or purple polka dot leprechauns, anyone who hopes for the end is not right in the head, there has been many marshall applewhites, david koresh's and jim jones (I can't think of any non-christian one's off the top of my head), to warrant significant concern that there will be plenty more in the future, and one will be charismatic enough to set the end into motion. This absolutely cannot be chanced. It does suck that we are on the brink of extinction. Anyone I.M.O. who even hopes for it is not thinking clearly. Their beliefs have completely clouded their judgment (and morality).

I would point out that these people who hope for an end, also believe in a better future for themselves and for humanity . For such, the end is not the end but a new and better beginning. In sweden even children can ask for euthanasis to end a terminal illness and few swedes find this immoral or wrong thinking... Belgium is also looking at a similar law.