Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Six Californias plan

Indiogene

The initative plan to divide California into newer smaller states had went ahead and can collect votes, about 800,000 signatures are needed to become an initative for CA voters to decide on. One of the proposed states Silicon Valley is what made the most news, because it's where the main concentration of the state's wealth is located. The San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland area, if this happened, would become the nation's richest state surpassing Connecticut or New Jersey. The proposed six new states are Silicon Valley, West California (Los Angeles city and county), the far north is Jefferson, South California-where I live, Central California and North California.

http://techcrunch.co...nk2&pLid=446170

Edited by Mike D boy

Is this six new states that will still be part of the U.S., i.e. just splitting California up into smaller portions, or are they envisaging splitting off from the U.S. altogether? Is this in order to generate more jobs for politicians?

That's a lot of extra stars to add to your flag....

Far too many. I suspect the Feds will quash it, pronto. It is just further evidence of the disintegration of trust in Washington and is a bad sign imo. It's probably also a sign that the people of the state realize they are nearing insolvency due to the Liberal policies that have gone unchecked for so long - as well as the limitless absorption of illegals. I wonder... if Mexico de-facto retakes Cali, will it be a net plus or minus for them? Once the state is insolvent that means no more federal largesse flowing south.

Far too many. I suspect the Feds will quash it, pronto. It is just further evidence of the disintegration of trust in Washington and is a bad sign imo. It's probably also a sign that the people of the state realize they are nearing insolvency due to the Liberal policies that have gone unchecked for so long - as well as the limitless absorption of illegals. I wonder... if Mexico de-facto retakes Cali, will it be a net plus or minus for them? Once the state is insolvent that means no more federal largesse flowing south.

Don't know what it will be for them... for us it surely will be net minus.

The new sovereign country of Cascadia (Alaska, Yukon, B.C., Washington and Oregon) would be pleased to accept Northern California.

No we won't. Everything from the Columbia river north is all Cascadia needs :D

Edited by Bavarian Raven

I can see this causing all kinds of probs...talk about segregation based on income...that's exactly what this is about. Let the poor folks bleed LA and surrounding area dry...then what? Invade the silicon valley?

Stupid...another non-fix for the problems the continue to ignore...oh well...glad I am in the East and not the west...

• Like 1

I can see this causing all kinds of probs...talk about segregation based on income...that's exactly what this is about. Let the poor folks bleed LA and surrounding area dry...then what? Invade the silicon valley?

Stupid...another non-fix for the problems the continue to ignore...oh well...glad I am in the East and not the west...

I can see why the Silicon Valley region wants out though, if they're basically the hub of income for the state and they're seeing their income p***ed up against the wall by everyone else.

• Like 1

Well... I doubt it will happen, but if we have a couple more years if this kind of drought, there will be a massive political water war between the north and the south.

It's going to be chaos here if it don't rain and snow hard and long here. CA agriculture has the economy of a small country and its reliant on our snow pack. Some recent studies show that the last 100 years have been unusually wet for ca. I have a feeling CA is in for a world of hurt. Southern CA will be left with no water at all, the north will not want to give it up so easy.

Let the games begin. If the delta drys up I'm moving.

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

no chance that will happen

West Virginia was formed as a result of the civil war. If we have another of those, then I suppose anything could happen.

It is still unconstitutional since the USA never recognized the CSA, and Virginia's legislature never agreed. I refer to it as western Virginia, but that is just me. :-*

According to a friend of mine that's: West By God Virginia! (and smile when you say it!) :w00t:

Hey!....knock off the W.Va. jokes!...I happen to live here! Born in Virginia, raised in West Virginia...I know both states pretty well as I have lived most of my years in one or the other (but you can throw Maryland, Georgia and Florida in there too)

There was a lot of things building up between the eastern and western parts of the state and the Civil War brought all of that out.

I happen to identify myself with both equally as I am an "Appalachian boy"...born and raised in the mountains and when in the mountains, you can cross from one state to the next and never tell the difference...

On one hand, I don't see any reason not to bust California up if that is what the people want...on the other hand, it's as I said earlier...some regions will do very well and some regions will implode...but prob never going to happen...

Edited by Jeremiah65