Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brain scans reveal dogs' vocal responses

UM-Bot

A new study has shown that a dog's brain reacts to voices in much the same way as the brain of a human.

Researchers conducted the study by analyzing the brains of several dogs using an MRI scanner. Despite the species gap, a dog appears to perceive voices or emotionally charged sounds such as laughter in much the same way as our own brains do, suggesting a reason why our canine companions seem to be so well attuned to human vocal commands.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/262763/brain-scans-reveal-dogs-vocal-responses

• Like 1

woow...

How long did it take for researchers to find out this world changing things... i wonder, that way its easier to calculate the level of their retardation :)

"I do not like the cone of shame"

"I was hiding under your porch, because I love you"

"Be my prisoner oh please oh please be my prisoner"

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart
  • Like 1

"Lead author Attila Andics, from the Hungarian Academy of Science's Eotvos Lorand University in Budapest, said: "We think dogs and humans have a very similar mechanism to process emotional information.""

Ya think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expression_of_the_Emotions_in_Man_and_Animals

Edited by redhen

Cats understand us, too, but they just don't give a damn.

• Like 4

I think my dog knows what I am thinking, what I am deciding before I indicate what it is that I am going to do. I can think about going outside and suddenly, there he is, ready to head out with me, even before I move.

"I do not like the cone of shame"

"I was hiding under your porch, because I love you"

"Be my prisoner oh please oh please be my prisoner"

Ya just gotta love "Up"!

• Like 1

It's so hysterical to see these studies. Do dogs understand, do dogs and cats love, do animals have souls yadda yadda yadda.

It's absurd. Any pet guardian can tell you that animals have souls, that they love, that they respond and that they are sentient.

As we all know and as someone else stated, they speak our language we don't speak theirs.

:)