Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960s chilton county " booger" - loup

Dougward5

The original case was mostly documented by writers...as far as I know we are one of the only field research teams to look into the area . Of course we are looking for Loup Garou ..it seems whatever tbe thing was is still around ...plenty of local sightings

Can you describe what it looks like?

• Like 1

I think these people saw something, what it was I can't say, but whatever it was scared the bejeebers out of them. One guy said he wet himself, I been there myself. Fear feeds on itself and can distort things. I have memories that later I was told were wrong by other guys who were there, but I remember them the way I remember them. Knowing that it wasn't that way doesn't change the memory, it does lessen the trauma, but that's all.

• Like 1

Whatever it is there is no shortage of sightings. ..esp for the past 50 years..animals skinned alive in the area ....strange noises in the woods..and the sightings follow a logical path..mostly near waterways that lead to the five rivers delta area..high concentrations of sightings in areas with cave systems or abandened coal mines... we are heading into the swamps for a week this spring to see what we find...

Is it just Alabama? (I lived in Tennessee for a while and there were some really strange things about the land down there....I left 7 years ago and haven't been back to visit because of it.) Are there any accounts from surrounding states?

Yes... and we think we have found a " pattern " loup Garou

No ..our theory is the French who came to the American south used the name of beast they knew in legend. .the loup Garou ... to describe something they encountered here in the new world. Shapeshifters of legend transformed into a wolf not a wolfman ... but in the new world the Loup Garou is more a man beast...and has been since before Lon Chaneys makeup artist .. we call ourselves werewolf hunters but what we are looking for is not mythical ...

No ..our theory is the French who came to the American south used the name of beast they knew in legend. .the loup Garou ... to describe something they encountered here in the new world. Shapeshifters of legend transformed into a wolf not a wolfman ... but in the new world the Loup Garou is more a man beast...and has been since before Lon Chaneys makeup artist .. we call ourselves werewolf hunters but what we are looking for is not mythical ...

Don't get me wrong, Why hasn't any one caught, slain or found a camera/Trail cam photo? Shoot, Sounds like urban myths and theories.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, Why hasn't any one caught, slain or found a camera/Trail cam photo? Shoot, Sounds like urban myths and theories.

That is not true, Brian. A friend of mine photographed one last year. He run into him, while the wolf was enjoying a glass of scotch after dining a big dish of beef Chow Mein in Lee Ho ****'s. His hair was perfect.

lobishome_zpsc29bfb7c.jpg

• Like 2

There have been a few pics surface but nothing credible yet....some of you may know the critter as a skunk ape...NOT the same as a Bigfoot. ...

Well, eye witness sightings are the least credible form of evidence on the planet. One person thinks they saw something strange, and others imaginations feed off of that and a big black dog all of a sudden becomes a wolf man. The more "sightings" the more they feed off each other. The human brain is a strange thing. Just glad we don't have anything of the sort here in Mississippi. Nothing, nada.

Mike

Why don't you guys just do the tour? These guys seem to know all about it.

http://deepsouthaventures.trekksoft.com/en/tours/13563/werewolf-hunting-in-alabama--in-search-of--loup-garou

Of course you might have to argue with these guys who say it's just a bigfoot. But be careful you don't get in a further argument with Loren Coleman who says it's a monkey man:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/creatures/clanton_booger.htm

From my perspective, having grown up hunting and fishing in the Mobile-Tensaw River Delta (and having a family that goes back a couple of generations doing the same thing), I think it's all a load of hooey. There's plenty of stuff to be wary of up that river, but I don't think it's the Loup Garou.

• Like 1

Lol I am sure you were being sarcastic with the no sightings in Mississippi comment ..after all we had a huge debate on the " skunk ape " footage from near tunica ...and the actual evedence on the original case is part of why it is so interesting to us...

There are all sorts of stories all over the south about shape shifting people or creatures.

• Like 1

@ keninsc you are correct. ..I do however still my idea that most Loup Garou sightings are actually some form of animal that is more an anachronism than something paranormal ...more akin to the honey island swamp monster than to a traditional werewolf... these people are seeing something. .and have been for many years..

So to be clear we are NOT claiming this is a shapeshifter...only that is is what people have associated with the older legends. ..if you follow the logic...

So to be clear we are NOT claiming this is a shapeshifter...only that is is what people have associated with the older legends. ..if you follow the logic...

Sorry to disagree, but there is no logic when it come to cryptozoology.

• Like 2

after a quick read up on the loup I have a theory to float past you.

Black Bears, specifically underfed ones or ones coming out of hibernation

more angular features than most bears, tend to be more aggressive, especially if, say hungry, which if you run past a black bear out in the woods its probably looking for food.

Possible ...but a lot of the folks we talk to spend a lot of time in the woods...and know what a bear looks like..at night..by suprise ..it could account for some sightings . Not all could be explained that way I think...and what about the sightings with white fur I wonder ?

• Like 1

Actually Doug, I've said this for years. People are seeing something, what is the real crux of the matter. Mis-identification, fear coupled with bad lighting, it's impossible to say without having been there or them getting some good video or pictures which I've come to the conclusion is impossible.