Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chihuahua gangs terrorize Phoenix suburbs

UM-Bot

Roaming packs of small dogs are proving to be an unexpected menace in some parts of Arizona.

Chihuahuas might not be the first breed that springs to mind when you think of dangerous dogs, yet for residents of Maryvale the threat posed by these pint-sized canines is proving all too real.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/262802/chihuahua-gangs-terrorize-phoenix-suburbs

• Like 1

Hats off to Maricopa County for trying to round them up and rehome them.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Stray-dogs-running-wild-in-Phoenix-neighborhoods-245568291.html

There are some places on this planet where they'd simply do them in.

http://news.sky.com/story/1206201/sochi-orders-stray-dogs-cull-before-olympics

more illegal immigrants from Mexico causing trouble again.

• Like 6

Just bait some live animal traps with tiny sombreros, problem solved!

• Like 1

All Chihuahuas are crazy by their genetic codes and I´m sure there is not just only one single Chihuahuas within

our galaxy, that is not crazy. Just look at a Chihuahuas face, it explains all without any doubt.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

This is our (humans) fault. When dogs are cast out and have to fend for themselves this is what happens...they revert back to packs and live via instinct.

• Like 5

I think this absolutely hilarious. A bunch of Napoleon-esque tiny dogs got tired of the small life and decided there was power in numbers.

Good for them.

• Like 2

I think this absolutely hilarious. A bunch of Napoleon-esque tiny dogs got tired of the small life and decided there was power in numbers.

Good for them.

"A 6-year-old girl is recovering after she was attacked by a pack of Chihuahuas in Salem."

"William Van Aken, the victim's father, said he and his daughter were on a walk to her school. "We were only two blocks from the school when the five dogs just ran up barking and they ran straight after her and I thought they were just going to come up to us and back off, but the biggest one jumped up and bit her in the shoulder," he said.

A school crossing guard who was nearby chased the dogs away."

http://www.kptv.com/story/21313261/pack-of-chihuahuas-attack-little-girl

I can't believe the coyotes don't/haven't finish them off.

Probably the main reason they've organized themselves into a large pack. Tough little guys, ya gotta give them credit for surviving.

• Like 1

"A 6-year-old girl is recovering after she was attacked by a pack of Chihuahuas in Salem."

"William Van Aken, the victim's father, said he and his daughter were on a walk to her school. "We were only two blocks from the school when the five dogs just ran up barking and they ran straight after her and I thought they were just going to come up to us and back off, but the biggest one jumped up and bit her in the shoulder," he said.

A school crossing guard who was nearby chased the dogs away."

http://www.kptv.com/...ack-little-girl

Okay, okay, you've shamed me.

The thing is, I've owned Chihuahuas over the years and none of them have ever been able to bite hard enough to break the skin. And I had a 14 lb-er at one point.

People don't realize how aggressive they are as pets and must discard them, hence the gangs that have cropped up.

But for crying out loud, you can punt them like a football!

• Like 2

The thing is, I've owned Chihuahuas over the years and none of them have ever been able to bite hard enough to break the skin. And I had a 14 lb-er at one point.

People don't realize how aggressive they are as pets and must discard them, hence the gangs that have cropped up.

But for crying out loud, you can punt them like a football!

Well, I was giving one a jab the other day (against Ehrlichosis) and suddenly I had 4 holes in my hand.

Now, Pomeranians are worse when it comes to pint sizes misbehaving.

Edited by questionmark

Well, I was giving one a jab the other day (against Ehrlichosis) and suddenly I had 4 holes in my hand.

Now, Pomeranians are worse when it comes to pint sizes misbehaving.

*Edit: With a needle, I hope?

Edited by Awake2Chaos

LMFAO!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I am not laughing at the misfortune of the little girl that was attacked, I am laughing at the gangs of chihuahua's.

Edited by ancient astronaut

*Edit: With a needle, I hope?

No, I use a hot punch from my forging equipment.

• Like 1

My County has a new spay/neuter law. You have to get your dog spayed or neutered. You have to get a license to breed a pedigreed or a working cow dog. I hope it helps the stray popultions and cuts down on the dogs being put down.

• Like 2

I have never met a nice Chihuahuas personally.

I have. Like most dogs there are nice ones and not so nice ones. However, all things being equal, the vast majority of dogs are nicer than the vast majority of humans (just my personal opinion).

• Like 1

That was not my intention. Apologies.

Packs of hungry dogs of any size will choose their victims and when they turn to attacking humans it's usually small children or senior citizens they choose. Easy prey.

• Like 1

That was not my intention. Apologies.

Packs of hungry dogs of any size will choose their victims and when they turn to attacking humans it's usually small children or senior citizens they choose. Easy prey.

If I was a senior (okay, more senior than I am! <_< ), and living in Phoenix, I'd see an opportunity to make some money renting myself out as 'protection'. :mellow:

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

Poor little critters! I wonder if they're packin little knives?

• Like 1