Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Krishna

Ghostdancer

Question about the Hindu deity Krishna. Was he an actual living person?

• Like 2

"you path of you answer starts in your hometown and ends somewhere between Mount Everest and the Hindu Kush, 14 years later...

so go fulfill your destiny, you answer awaits you, here take this letter with you, and give it to Mr Rasgunsatveer at the Green Leprechaun in New Delhi..

.. dont forget to pay your respects to the monkey God Hanuman, with the bag of peanut butter... oh.. oh and the thing you do with your hands, veryyy bad"

Well I can't answer your question to be sure; but the Vedas provide a very detailed account of his life. Particularly in the epic Bhagavad Gita he is portrayed as an incarnation of God. He is a central 'character' to the Hindu religion.

• Like 1

I dont know that, but its interesting that in the new age

Krishna and Christ mean the same thing which is symbolic of an enlightened state

of consciousness

• Like 2

for all we know... he well could have been

There is a higher chance that he was of a darker color skin than the more aryan jesus were used to seeing

Jesus-Pictures-10.jpg

Edited by Black Magic
  • Like 1

While Dwarka has been found, two other cities Mathura and Vrindavan, said to be associated with his life, still exist. His birthday is celebrated by millions of people every year. There are so many details available about his life and deeds (including many good and a few not so good on moral grounds) which generate a belief that he was a real person.

• Like 1

"you path of you answer starts in your hometown and ends somewhere between Mount Everest and the Hindu Kush, 14 years later...

so go fulfill your destiny, you answer awaits you, here take this letter with you, and give it to Mr Rasgunsatveer at the Green Leprechaun in New Delhi..

.. dont forget to pay your respects to the monkey God Hanuman, with the bag of peanut butter... oh.. oh and the thing you do with your hands, veryyy bad"

Are you a racist or do you just have a not-so-funny sense of humor?

There is no proof that a teacher called Krishna lived. But the Bhagavad Gita in which he is a central character is one of the most beautiful religious texts you can read. The main problem for westerners is the titles and names but don’t get to bogged down in them and try to understand the teachings. I would recommend the translation by Juan Mascaro, Penguin classics (amazon price second hand starting at 1p another going for 49p not sure of postage). I was taught for 2 yrs by an Indian teacher and Mahatmas so I didn’t find it too bad. For those wondering about his blue colour it shows his royal blood. There are many stories and myths about him I would just stay with the Gita, Another great book but not about Krishna is the ‘Upanishads’, also very beautiful.

• Like 1