Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A widescale UFO hoax planned for April?

elevenaugust

The idea came from this RC site one month ago.

We'll be flying on april fifth 2014, preferably 8pm. Blue lights will be the preferred choice, on either fixed wing or multi's. For a list of who's flying where, Deadly made an awesome spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.....xQUtzWHc#gid=0

Further plans will follow....

==========/EDIT========

Heya folks,

Some people had this idea over at the offtopic section, and I reckon it'd be pretty cool. This is the main thing (worth a read!):

http://mrgyro.tumblr....y-local-papers

The plan is to fly several multirotors at night time (in your respective time zone) at a time that many people are awake / out on the street, with lights on the aircraft, far away enough from people not to be caught but close enough to cause UFO sightings.

Of course, every chap who owns a multirotor, a strip of leds and is willing to hover for a bit in the darkness, should chime in on this. If done properly, we could pull off a worldwide prank that causes UFO sightings all over the world and causes an apocalypse-like idea in all the media.

Think about it, that'd be cool! But we need a lot of people and it needs to remain on the lab. So... anyone in?

So better to be prepared the april 5th 2014 around 8pm, as it's a worldwide forum (like UM is) with RC guys from many countries (Netherlands, UK, USA, South Africa...).

Check out this paper as well that shows how easy is to fool people and especially journalists...

7kwz.jpg

792l.jpg

Not a good idea at all IMO, as it will add to the actual confusion... What's next?

We can also see it as a test to see how our senses can be fooled.

zfjl.jpg

Edited by elevenaugust
  • Like 3

I think perhaps they're overestimating the likelihood of it causing an apocalypse-like idea in all the media, but it does look fun. I would like one of those.

• Like 3

Let-em-fly ITs good for the R/C business ! We all know what the truth is about UFO`s

They are not little toys,But Its good to have lots of people looking up on any given night ! :alien::no:

• Like 2

The plane is a Multi-plex Easy Star.

I had 2 of those. They fly great. I had posted numerous videos over the years of just how sophisticated the RC world really is. Not just night flying, but " POV " flying, and flying over 10 miles one way doing it.

• Like 1

Could use a more economical way then spend a lot of money on R/C's. Large helium balloons with a large

strip of aluminum foil tied to a string and the moonlight will reflect on it. Spray paint the balloon with florescent paint.

• Like 1

Could use a more economical way then spend a lot of money on R/C's. Large helium balloons with a large

strip of aluminum foil tied to a string and the moonlight will reflect on it. Spray paint the balloon with florescent paint.

Funny, I have been meaning to do something to this effect for over 5 years now. One of these days....

Black Balloons, but, with glow sticks hanging under them.....Lots of them.

One of these days......

I've thought about buying one of those drones and flying it over my neighborhood with lights on it.

Edited by Mister

Hmmm!.. another good example of having to separate - The Chaff from the Wheat- concerning the prank artists of this world.

• Like 2

I never even knew Roman Catholics could fly.

If you light them on the end they fly out in little balls !

:gun:

• Like 4

I never even knew Roman Catholics could fly.

Oh, but they can.

post-145910-0-31090600-1393203428_thumb.

• Like 2

Unless it moves like real "UFOs" are capable of, I wouldn't care too much. Of course, they'd never do this hoax during the day.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

Unless it moves like real "UFOs" are capable of, I wouldn't care too much. Of course, they'd never do this hoax during the day.

In my opinion this (the experiment, not your post SP) just shows the lack of understanding by the majority as to the different experiences people have or are having.

I have seen strange lights I cant explain but this hasnt had a profound effect on my life. Therefore I think its safe to say that experiences like yours/Lost Shamans/Donteatus and probably many others around the world cannot be treated in the same way as 'reports' of strange lights in the sky.

It actually angers me that all experiences are bundled together in this way, and it annoys me further to think that an exercise such as this will just be used to build that strawman argument when dealing with 'profound' sightings that many have had......

• Like 6

In my opinion this (the experiment, not your post SP) just shows the lack of understanding by the majority as to the different experiences people have or are having.

I have seen strange lights I cant explain but this hasnt had a profound effect on my life. Therefore I think its safe to say that experiences like yours/Lost Shamans/Donteatus and probably many others around the world cannot be treated in the same way as 'reports' of strange lights in the sky.

It actually angers me that all experiences are bundled together in this way, and it annoys me further to think that an exercise such as this will just be used to build that strawman argument when dealing with 'profound' sightings that many have had......

Yeah, not much more to add to that.

Good post.

• Like 2

well youtube is gonna be getting busy! Whats the betting a few more folk sign up to post their 'new ufo sighting' shortly after the planned date? :lol: And lets hope no-one smashes their car into a a tree while being taken in with they see.

HG Wells thought it would be hilarious too. We'll see what happens :)

• Like 1

And then when there is panic in the streets, they will all get to go to jail. Not so funny then is it?

The stupidest thing about this hoax is it being published in the news and everywhere online so everyone will know it's a hoax and not panic leading to ultimately epic fail of the hoax.

The stupidest thing about this hoax is it being published in the news and everywhere online so everyone will know it's a hoax and not panic leading to ultimately epic fail of the hoax.

The War of the Worlds radio broadcast in 1938 started off by issuing a disclaimer at the beginning of the show, but people still panicked.

• Like 2

The claims of a panic in 1938 due to the war of the worlds broadcast are quite overstated. Most of the stories of panic were made up later on - are urban legends.

Due to phone calls to the station I believe there was a second disclaimer. The show was head to head with another show and listeners switched to the show Welles was doing during an intermission. They came upon the story part way through the show.

A lesser known story abut Welles was a rehearsal he did for a story involving a robbery. He believed in realism and took his cast to the rooftop to practice using guns loaded with blanks. During the rehearsal the rooftop was rushed by police drawn to the cacophony of gun fire. He and his cast were released from custody in time to do the show. That event was much more sensational at the time. It would be years and retelling of the story that blew the War of the Worlds broadcast out of proportion.

Just don't get nuked please!

Hang on....

Isn't the simple fact that the organisers are telling everyone about this upcoming stunt NOT exactly making this work properly?

Would it not be more effective to carry out the stunt without getting the pre-publicity thus ensuring maximum hoaxing...

Oh I cant wait to see how many Doomtards throw themselves off of their roof over this...priceless.