Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A widescale UFO hoax planned for April?

elevenaugust

I wish I still had my RC Planes.....

April 1st or not..... a UFO hoax is nothing new.

True.

It's the real cases that are of interest though.

Got my weekend planned out. Get the Giants-Dodgers game on TV (a rarity for me), have an early dinner, hopefully spend an hour or so watching the pretty lights. Any information on how long this is supposed to last?

Edited by theotherguy

Thanks, I was a little hazy about that.

Has anybody ever used this thing in a post? --> :sk

Edited by theotherguy

links do not work, will these toys be passing over England and do they come in any other colours other than green or blue? you can just tell they are made by men, why always blue? so stereotypical!

Can i open my eyes yet?

Nooooo, its only the 4th today, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyit for it.

• Like 1

Did anyone see anything? Or should I be slapping myself for taking it too seriously?

Cloudy here, can not even see the moon. Maybe its been called off....save it for the apocalypse or something?

I doubt many did this. How many rc enthusiasts does everyone know?

Out. Of those, how many willing to put lights on their rc and fly it at night? Not an easy task. These things are not cheap, and flying at night takes a lot of experience.

I doubt many did this. How many rc enthusiasts does everyone know?

The chain store "Remote Control Hobbies" has 13 locations in the west and Canada.

Out. Of those, how many willing to put lights on their rc and fly it at night? Not an easy task. These things are not cheap, and flying at night takes a lot of experience.

It's not that difficult. The smaller planes practically fly themselves. I've flown them with no experience.

I see these guys (and they're always guys) do risky maneuvers with their RC planes and crash them all the time just to impress their RC friends. Flying them at night with a bunch of lights in the hope of generating a UFO report fits into this category very well.

The chain store "Remote Control Hobbies" has 13 locations in the west and Canada.

It's not that difficult. The smaller planes practically fly themselves. I've flown them with no experience.

I see these guys (and they're always guys) do risky maneuvers with their RC planes and crash them all the time just to impress their RC friends. Flying them at night with a bunch of lights in the hope of generating a UFO report fits into this category very well.

Check this guys skills with a RC chopper. OK nothing to do with ufos but damned good to watch! Id like to see James Bond do that for real!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AluijV5unBA

• Like 1

RC helicopters look like they're super easy to fly and could create a more UFO-like experience for witnesses. For example they can quickly zip around the sky and stop in one spot almost instantly. We all know that our Earthly aircraft can't do that.

Range is up to 1,000 feet and nice models cost under $200. You can even buy expendable ones for less than $50.

So... how much do weather balloons cost?

Ive checked all the links in the OP, they are all now dead, even the forum where this idea was cooked up is no longer going to the discussion. Looks like all trace of the plan was removed, deleted

Plus the OP made the exact same post here

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread999108/pg1

Ive checked all the links in the OP, they are all now dead, even the forum where this idea was cooked up is no longer going to the discussion. Looks like all trace of the plan was removed, deleted

Yes... leave no evidence!

I used to fly, and had rc trucks, both.

For a average persons budget, crashing is not an option. I tried once to fly at night, it is very difficult to see right from left, or if the plane is going away, or coming at you.

It is VERY hard for the normal person to learn. Unless I just sucked.

I even flew a few " fpv " flights.

For a average persons budget, crashing is not an option.

Most of them are really cheap now. The days of typical RC planes costing hundreds of dollars is over. You can get ones for only $50.

I tried once to fly at night, it is very difficult to see right from left, or if the plane is going away, or coming at you. It is VERY hard for the normal person to learn. Unless I just sucked.

For flying at night you put red and green lights under the wings (right is green, left is red) and a white light on the front. Then you have a flying triangle so you know how level the wings are and which direction it's going. Do everything slowly.

Most of them are really cheap now. The days of typical RC planes costing hundreds of dollars is over. You can get ones for only $50.

For flying at night you put red and green lights under the wings (right is green, left is red) and a white light on the front. Then you have a flying triangle so you know how level the wings are and which direction it's going. Do everything slowly.

Where can I get a RC Plane for $50.00 ? And the lipo batteris that get ruined when theycrash?....I doubt you could find just a brushless 2500kv motor for that price.

I had 3 Multiplex easy stars, and a cub. I could never find a plane that cheap, unless it was made by airhogs....That is not a RC plane.

I had put led lights on, I still had issues.

Also, the range now can be up to and over 11 miles, with a good FPV set up.

heres a couple, but RC isnt my thing so have no advice or knowledge on the subject really

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cd5e03574

http://www.ebay.co.u...ectric-rc-plane

When I mentioned " air hogs " this is the same type. Cheap, can be bought at walmart. They do not fly worth a darn. If they even fly at all.

Realsitic, this is considered one of the best trainers out there, and many advanced people use it for FPV flying. This price is plane only, not including TX and RX, batteries, esc, etc.

You can get a RTF ( ready to fly ) for a bit more, but many say the stock tx and rx ( radio control, and recievers ) are junk, so better to buy plane alone, and get a decent tx and rx....

RTF - $189.99 http://www.hobbyexpress.com/easystar_rtf.htm

You can get the plane alone, and purchase the other parts seporate for around $200.00. Not including lipo batteris, and charger.

This plane can carry lights and cameras.

The $50.00 planes, no way they could carry any more weight then stock, and even then, they are not true RC planes. They are toys.

From an experienced RC enthusiast. ( retired from it )

• Like 1