Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arafat In French Hospital

twpdyp

Arafat Reported To Be Improving

Doctors Unsure What Caused Illness

POSTED: 8:04 am EST October 31, 2004

UPDATED: 1:42 pm EST October 31, 2004

RAMALLAH, West Bank -- A spokesman for Yasser Arafat said the Palestinian leader's condition has improved significantly since he was rushed to a French hospital late last week.

He says Arafat is expected to recover, and spent part of Sunday catching up on international and Arab events and reading summaries of telegrams from world leaders who wished him well.

Meanwhile, doctors in France are still trying to determine what caused Arafat to become ill. Aides to Arafat say doctors have ruled out leukemia -- but doctors haven't publicly confirmed that information.

Arafat was rushed to a French military hospital Friday. He has been ill for at least two weeks with what was initially described as a bad flu. An aide to Arafat said doctors are now trying to determine if Arafat was poisoned or is suffering from a viral infection.

Followers who gathered outside the hospital on Saturday blamed Israel for Arafat's poor condition.

Also Sunday, senior Palestinian and Israeli leaders have held separate meetings to plan how to proceed in the absence of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.

Israel's Foreign Minister said the army would "demonstrate restraint" in military operations in the West Bank and Gaza until the Palestinian leadership situation became clear.

Arafat is currently undergoing medical treatment in France after his health deteriorated sharply in the past two weeks.

Palestinian leaders have also met to discuss how to go forward while Arafat recovers. They have also been convening a series of top meetings in recent days to show that their institutions continue to function in Arafat's absence

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/3877042/detail.html

Somehow I find this rather appropriate, as hard as the French fought us about the Iraq situation, now they harbor a terrorist supporter. Wow I am so shocked.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• twpdyp

• Erikl

• wunarmdscissor

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You see what I was talking about in the other thread? French is helping terrorists and align itself with dictators, thus going head to head with western interests.

They harboured Khumeini, then built Saddam's nuclear reactor, then Chirac is the only western leader comming to Hafez al-Asad (the ex-Syrian dictator) in 2000, then France allows Hezbollah TV network Al-Manar to open in France, then Chirac invites Nassralah, leader of Hezbollah, to participate in the Francophone Convention in Beirut, and now France is harbouring Arafat like Tunis did in the 80s.

And on top of it all there's the continued wave of anti-Semitism in France unseen in Europe since WW2, while the authorities turn their head the other way disgust.gif.

Erikl Posted Today, 04:08 PM

You see what I was talking about in the other thread?

I never saw your other thread, where is it. I would like to read it.

Erikl

Ok now I am up with you, I agree with all of your statements.

wunarmdscissor Posted Today, 11:27 AM

what statements is it you agree with exactly??

All of it reread it if you must.

Tommy, no offence, but I really don’t think you quite comprehend the relations of France with dictators and terror groups.

Started with the fact that France harboured Ayatola Khumeini in the 70s, allowing him to bombered pro-West Iran with Islamist propaganda from his safe heaven near Paris. Later on, in 1979, Khumeini landed in Iran with a French airplane.

France thus is responsible for Iran becomming the Islamic republic that it is today, by harbouring it's perpetrator, and allowing him to destroy the pro-Western regime of Iran.

Later on, Frence also built the Osirak nuclear reactor for Saddam Hussein, playing the same role as Russia is playing today in the nuclear arming of Iran.

If Israel didn't destroy that nuclear reactor a month before it became active, the Iran-Iraq war and the first Gulf War would have looked totally different...

Then, France enabled Arafat, during the 1982 war in Lebanon, which destroyed the country (the only Arab democracy untill the arrival of the PLO) and massacred 10,000 christian lebanese, to escape to Tunisia.

Much more recently, Chriac was the only western leader to show up for Hafez Asad funeral in 2000.

Chirac also invited Nassralah to participate in the Francophone Convention in Beirut. Nassralah is head of the Hezbollah, a terror organisation that is responsible for the followings:

suicide bombings of the U.S. Embassy, which killed 63 including 17 Americans, of the US Marine barracks in Beirut (see Marine Barracks Bombing), which killed 241 American servicemen.

The bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina was the deadliest terrorist attack in that country until 1994, and the deadliest on an Israeli diplomatic mission, killing 29 and wounding 242.

The bombing of the Jewish Cultural Center in Aregentina on 1994, that was Argentina's worst terrorist attack and the largest single incident of terrorism against Jews since World War II. Argentina is home to the largest Jewish community in Latin America. The attack killed 86 people, wounding more than 300.

Chirac still refuses to include Hezbollah in the terror organizations list.

Also, France allowed Hezbollah to open it's network Al-Manar in France, thus enabling Hezbollah to further radicalized the already radical muslim population in France.

Chirac also fail to fight against the wave of anti-Semitism in France, the worst seen in Europe since WW2. Only 3 years ago Chirac was quoted as to "there is no anti-Semitism in France!". France today holds the record in violent anti-Semitic incidents in the world, with more than 300 incidents a year against Europe's largest Jewish community.

For these reasons and more, I don't see France as a worthy member of the western world.

It's population might be western, but it's foreign policy for the last 30 years are anything but western.

no need for i am a european who knows france's foreign policy and internal policy and social structure VERY well.

You know all of those posts are based on israel's version of france's foreign policy.

The one thats sees arafat as a terrorist not the nobel peace prize winner.

the one that compares hezbollah with al queada which up until recently there can be no comparison as hezbollah is intertwined in the palestine -isreal issue.

An issue which should be considered completley seperate from the fight against al queada.

The one that wrongly accuses france of being on the verge of turning into a muslim fundamentalist state.

The one thats criticising france for their support of saddam in the 80's but doesnt seem to remember the MASSIVE support america gave to saddam in the 80's (i think we all know about that famous rumsfeld moment).

France is not responsible for Irans theocratic coe at all thats just anti-french propoganda.

Now ill ask again which part of his posts do u agree with and why?

You know all of those posts are based on israel's version of france's foreign policy.

Israel's version? really? then come on - refute it. The history of France's actions and the events I've mentions came not from Israeli sites, but from sites on terrorism, and encyclopedias like wikipedia.

The one thats sees arafat as a terrorist not the nobel peace prize winner.

Oh come on.... don't tell me you still think that Arafat is a peace man... he tricked my country and the rest of the world, and for that he got the noble prize. Arafat is involved in terrorism up to his neck. The US have admitted so, many European countries admitted so, and the UN admitted so.

And the swedes don't need to fill bad - Arfat tricked us and the USA as well.

the one that compares hezbollah with al queada which up until recently there can be no comparison as hezbollah is intertwined in the palestine -isreal issue.

Total rubbish!

Up untill 9/11, the Hezbollah was the terrorist organization with the most American blood on his hand. It also commited terror operations in south America.

Even though Israel left Lebanon, the Hezbollah continues to attack us.

It's an international terror organization for all that it counts.

The only ones who beg the difference with these facts are the French.

The one that wrongly accuses france of being on the verge of turning into a muslim fundamentalist state.

I never said that, although if France's demographies continue in it's current direction, France will be a bi-national and bi-religious country in 30 years.

Even French officials admitt it.

The one thats criticising france for their support of saddam in the 80's but doesnt seem to remember the MASSIVE support america gave to saddam in the 80's (i think we all know about that famous rumsfeld moment).

Sorry, but America's support to Saddam was not even close to France's and the Soviet Bloc's support.

Also, the US supported Saddam only after the Iran-Iraq war started.

France built Saddam's nuclear reactor well before (it was destroyed in 1981, meaning they worked on it during the 70s).

France is not responsible for Irans theocratic coe at all thats just anti-french propoganda.

Refute it. Do you refute the fact that Ayatola Khumeini was harboured by France and from there he spreaded his propaganda to Iran? Do you refute the fact that when the revolution succeeded, he landed with a french airplane?

Ignoring the facts won't make the problem go away.