Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hellraiser TV series

Simbi Laveau

http://io9.com/5898687/pinhead-gets-his-own-sitcom-in-the-new-hellraiser-tv-series

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni25580330/

Hellraiser is apparently being made into a TV series, and it appears to be close to fruition.

Clive Barker posted what looks like a new poster on his website.

It does appear to depict Doug Bradley as Pinhead, which is good because I'm not sure I'd watch if it wasn't Doug.

No news of what network. I do hope it gets picked up.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Yeah, those were some pretty good movies.

Agree as to "great movies" but I can't imagine some of that "twisted group" being shown on tv, maybe after the late news, but it could make one darn shocker of a after dinner tv show. One might even forget how good or bad the meal was or quite possibly keep it down. :w00t: :w00t:

Unless HBO, or maybe Netflix picks it up I've got to put my excitement level at "depressed" about this.

can't see CBS or ABC allowing some of the themes of this series.

It would have to be one of the "premium" channels, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz...the whole sado-masochistic nature of the films would be so watered down in main stream networks, it would not be fit to watch.

• 1 month later...

I love the book, "The Hellbound Heart" and the published fan series called "Hellbound Hearts". I love the original movie and part 2 as well. I was not a fan of 3-5, they were bad but 6-8, OMG terrible awful garbage. "Hellraiser: Hellworld" was just dumb, and "Hellraiser Revelations" did not even feature Doug Bradley as Pinhead if that is any indication of their worth. As others have said, unless a cable network or Netflix picks it up, it will be watered down crap. This is disappointing because I love the Stories and the first film and will watch the first few movies up to part 4 any chance I get.

Damn, I did not realize this thread was so old. Oh well, I can't resist talking about Hellraiser series or the Hellbound Heart.

Edited by Roy Don
  • Like 1

Well it now says it was started of Feb 14 2014,and I know I didn't start it then, but it takes a while for series to be developed and end up on TV.

The article let are from last year so.