Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cyber Magicians

zoser

A few people have contacted me recently concerned about the overwhelming skepticism of people on internet forums; so much so that they believe it to be in some cases part of an organised plan..

Today I came across this.

http://rt.com/news/five-eyes-online-manipulation-deception-564/

Not sure what people think about this?

• Like 3

Oh yay... well boys, they figured us out! Gigs up! I wonder if this means no holiday bonuses?

Not particularly surprising. The idea has existed since the dawn of the internet, with some really, reeaaalllyy, transparent marketing attempts.

• Like 1

A few people have contacted me recently concerned about the overwhelming skepticism of people on internet forums; so much so that they believe it to be in some cases part of an organised plan..

Today I came across this.

http://rt.com/news/f...-deception-564/

Not sure what people think about this?

Why don't you invite Anonymous to check things out?

Or are they part of the conspiracy too?

Good approach. I think about at least one UM member (I will not tell who) that give me the impression that "it" must have a

huge database with a high number of well structured counter arguments, including YT clips and documents, ready for use

copy`n paste, sometimes within minutes a claim was given and It´s always in relation to the same CT. The counter arguments

are mostly multiple and are filling a lot of space per page and I think this person must have always 4 screens in front of him/her

to manage the responses.

No it´s not you, zoser, but I´m with you with yr conjecture here.

No surprise here.

Edward Bernays "public relations" term, now a century old, show that the government has made great efforts to manipulate and control the public perception for at least that long.

Indoctrination and brainwashing are old tactics, refined by decades of improvement and practice.

The internet allows that dark art to be practiced in very subtle ways.

When they have many things to hide, it's a full time job. :tu:

• Like 1

So when people are wrong and have their bums handed to them, it is an "internet conspiracy"? God help the human race if this is the level of intelligence that represent the common person.

Look: if you are wrong, then you are wrong and people will continue to point it out to you. The problem is that on many internet forums, people make outlandish / incorrect / wacko claims and then get upset when scores of people tell them they need to check their sources. They get offended and naturally take solace in "its a big government conspiracy to shut you down".

On the other hand, people who have great confidence in their claims and can back it up with facts (because it is the truth) never fear 'naysayers' trying to tear them down. They know that all they say can withstand scrutiny; they actually encourage people to check out the source they give, check that what they say is accurate, ensure they don't just have a single source but a consensus, can prove what they say is accurate, etc.

And even if there is some great "government disinfo" programme, how can they fight the truth, fight fact? As Apollo 17 Commander Gene Cernan once said: "Truth needs no defence". And to quote John Adams:

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Or as John Kane and others have noted, in these modern days on certain political issues, truth takes a holiday.

It's not too far from the truth, as these claims go. I don't know if it is a plan so much as a general trend.

But really, all the organization is nothing more than improved higher education. As more and more people learn about rationality and how to utilize its tools, less and less people will be irrational. The internet is an excellent example of this.

• Like 4

Good approach. I think about at least one UM member (I will not tell who) that give me the impression that "it" must have a

huge database with a high number of well structured counter arguments, including YT clips and documents, ready for use

copy`n paste, sometimes within minutes a claim was given and It´s always in relation to the same CT. The counter arguments

are mostly multiple and are filling a lot of space per page and I think this person must have always 4 screens in front of him/her

to manage the responses.

No it´s not you, zoser, but I´m with you with yr conjecture here.

Does their name start with an S?

Pack it up, people! Zoser found us out.

Move to the next target!

I can't, I have orders from my handler that Group B is to continue dealing with Zoser.

Plus I just got my raise.

*snickers*

• Like 1

I can't, I have orders from my handler that Group B is to continue dealing with Zoser.

Plus I just got my raise.

*snickers*

I though Group B was folded into Group A 6 months ago after the glowbird/hyrax debacle?

I should really keep up with the newsletter. I'm just so busy after I got promoted to Sector Alpha after my work on UM.

• Like 1

This thread is hilarious. Damn government striaght admitting this is a common tactic, and you guys are acting like it doesnt happen. Why is this even in the conspiracy section? Its an admitted fact. It isnt a conspiracy at all.

• Like 1

This thread is hilarious. Damn government striaght admitting this is a common tactic, and you guys are acting like it doesnt happen. Why is this even in the conspiracy section? Its an admitted fact. It isnt a conspiracy at all.

They've admitted it before on several levels.

Some years back the Pentagon admitted that it was very selective in what it told certain Senators so as not to threaten certain budgets and funding.

Spin, is the word. Public Relations is what Edward Bernays called it a century ago. It's an old tactic, and well known.

But you're right--it is hilarious to see intelligent men pretend that it doesn't happen. That's called denial of facts or cognitive dissonance.

• Like 1

One of my friends owns his own domain and he can check where th IP addresses that visit his site originate from. He says that every month he gets at least twenty visits from a computer in Groom Lake, otherwise kjnown as area 51

• Like 2

This is from RT. That site reports the overthrow of the US government every few months it seems.

Is this the best that wacko site can do to cover up all of its stupid stories?

• Like 1

Half the time I can't tell whether the some of the looney comments I see are on political forums are government trolls or just mind-numbed partisan Obamabots. Either is best ignored, for arguing is a waste of time. If it's the government, their "magicians" are as about as effective as Bullwinkle J. Moose pulling a rabbit out of a hat. The Obamabots are merely annoying.

• Like 2