Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Nameless Thing of Berkeley Square

UM-Bot

Hazily described by a fortunate surviving witness as a "hideous monstrosity", the Nameless Being that haunts Berkeley Square is a creature that is said to be overawing beyond the human imagination. Most of those who have dared to spend a night on the accursed fourth floor of 50 Berkeley Square have been met with the most tragic of endings, their lifeless bodies resting silently on the cold room floor, their faces twisted into a bloodcurdling expression of pain and agony...

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Like 2

Apparently, nothing unexplained has happened there for many years, but this is still one of the few haunted houses I would not risk entering — although it looks harmless enough! You can get a good view of it on Google Earth (51°30'32.07" N 0°08'44.98" W). On the front of the building there is a union flag, a blue plaque (commemorating Prime Minister George Canning who lived there), and a 'Maggs Bros Ltd' sign.

Edited by acute
  • Like 2

If Prime minister George Canning lived there,I wonder if the place was haunted then,or if that was when Warboys spent the night in the haunted room.50 Berkely Square was on some ghost show once and it is a book store. I think they have some offices upstairs . In any case don't know if they lock any of the upstairs rooms including the haunted one or not. Too bad they couldn't put security cameras around inside. Now whether this horror comes out only at night I don't know.It seems that way. They might in the day light be able to get into the room and put something up.If they could without getting hurt,then maybe they might capture something.

Really strange story indeed.

• Like 1

so what do they call this nameless thing, it seems to be an octopus, by reading the story

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart
  • Like 1

This might work, in order to make it through the night there:

1. Rotating shifts of a crowd of people throughout the night to make certain people stay awake

2. Bright lights

3. Video and still cameras

4. Weapons of different types

5. Diagnostic and scanning tools (EMF, etc)

Probably no creature will show up though.

Fred The Octopus?

Really?

Sure, why not?... Bob is already taken...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

...not doubting you or your sources at all, just simply wondering if you--or you others--have ever read Edward Bulwer-Lytton's short story, "The Haunted and The Haunters"? ...it's the first thing that came to my mind...

Anyone?

Challenge accepted. I will record your Lovecraftian horrors!

Same thinking, it sounds Lovecraftian.

...clearly we need an expert in non-Euclidian calculus

• Like 1

Same thinking, it sounds Lovecraftian.

...clearly we need an expert in non-Euclidian calculus

That'll be my students then. Their talent with mathematics is anything but Eulcidean.

So Fred the Octopus stays on one floor? It got in, but it can't or won't leave? Visited once every 6 months by a mysterious man? I'm getting a huge urban legend vibe from this one.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sounds like Brown Jenkins has been unusually busy across the pond.