Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bus driver's life saved by pocket Bible

UM-Bot

Rickey Waggoner miraculously escaped death when his Bible stopped two bullets from penetrating his chest.

The 49-year-old Dayton bus driver had parked his bus due to a mechanical failure and had disembarked to assess the problem. As he was doing so, three teens approached and opened fire, hitting him twice in the chest.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/262886/bus-drivers-life-saved-by-pocket-bible

• Like 1

[gunshot, Flanders is knocked down]

Ned Flanders: Whew, good thing I always keep a Bible next to my...

[second gunshot, Flanders is knocked down again]

Ned Flanders: Whew, luckily I was wearing an extra large piece of the True Cross today... I think I'll go inside.

[as he runs off, a third gunshot spins the head of Homer's pickaxe]

Homer: What keeps doing that?

Fat Tony: I told you we should have bought more than three bullets.

• Like 2

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path," and apparently not bad as body armor either!

• Like 3

Any reasonably thick book would have done. Nothing divine about it, but you just know the god squad will go around with blah blah word of god blah blah miracle blah blah blah.

Any reasonably thick book would have done. Nothing divine about it, but you just know the god squad will go around with blah blah word of god blah blah miracle blah blah blah.

hence my post just before yours
  • Like 2

The teens told him they had to "shoot a polar bear" to "get into the club" ... this is what it's come to *sigh*. I really hope they're able to find these men and remove them from the population.

AHHHHHHHHHH<LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDD< IT's A Mirackle (In Jest)

wow lucky guy! oh wait not luck - divine intervention...yeah...

I believe it was indeed divine intervention. Same thing happened to me with a freshly shoplifted purchased copy of Sports Illustrated Swimwear Edition I had stuffed up my pullover. The Goddesses therein protected me, I believe.

Praise the Centrefold!

• Like 3

“Years ago, my mother gave me a bullet…a bullet, and I put it in my breast pocket. Two years after that, I was walking down the street, when a berserk evangelist heaved a Gideon bible out a hotel room window, hitting me in the chest. Bible would have gone through my heart if it wasn’t for the bullet!” ~Woody Allen~

• Like 2

So the same thing happens to a drunk with a flask in his pocket. PRAISE THE ALCOHOL GODS! It's a sign that we should all become drunks!

• Like 1

I like this story, it just makes me feel good.

• Like 1

Must have been low mass .22's (don't know this for a fact)

“Years ago, my mother gave me a bullet…a bullet, and I put it in my breast pocket. Two years after that, I was walking down the street, when a berserk evangelist heaved a Gideon bible out a hotel room window, hitting me in the chest. Bible would have gone through my heart if it wasn’t for the bullet!” ~Woody Allen~

If anyone could use a bit of the Bible in his heart, Woody Allen seems like a good candidate. Too bad about that bullet.

• Like 2

Well, great for them. Nice to hear stories like this.

• Like 2