Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will the Antichrist be from Europe?

and-then

The only people I know of who keep people alive for the purpose of torturing them are twisted psychopathic killers.....who enjoy torturing others for their own pleasure.  It is quite something that people believe the loving Maker of All Things would practice behavior similar or identical to that of a twisted psychopath.  

I think that's really dumb.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

You're basically saying that God is insane - but you don't even know it.  

Atamarie Sir.. xx

I have no more likes so..

I LIKE THIS..!!!

CORRECT....The God of Infinity is Not Insane, Its the Humans Perception of the Teachings that allows them (in their perception again) to do these Most Heinous , Appalling ,Disgraceful Acts..

I like you Sir.. You have a Wonderful Mind, and I like the way you Articulate Your Expression..

Well Done You..

Peace to you and yours Friend..

Mo..xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Atamarie Sir.. xx

I have no more likes so..

I LIKE THIS..!!!

CORRECT....The God of Infinity is Not Insane, Its the Humans Perception of the Teachings that allows them (in their perception again) to do these Most Heinous , Appalling ,Disgraceful Acts..

I like you Sir.. You have a Wonderful Mind, and I like the way you Articulate Your Expression..

Well Done You..

Peace to you and yours Friend..

Mo..xx

It's why I said to you Cuzzen. The First People will sit and watch the Children Who Lost the Way burn a world they think will end anyway......and be unable to do anything....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It's why I said to you Cuzzen. The First People will sit and watch the Children Who Lost the Way burn a world they think will end anyway......and be unable to do anything....

Hey My Cuzzy...

It is okay...

I will get them...lols..

They should be Afraid of My Fire..!!

I Am like the Sun, in its most Fiery Element.. I scorch too..

And When the SWITCH turns on, I am Ruthless..!!!

My Love to you and our First Peoples..xx

Arohanuikiakoe..

Mo..xx

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Piney said:

The Presbyterians believe that God picked you to be saved before you were even born. Which means God created Hell just to fill it with souls in my eyes....

That is something I had not previously know. I'll look into it.

Seems very snobbish... How does one determine if they were picked, or not? By participating in the Presbyterian Church and being baptized? If that is true then people that "convert" and are baptized then were always saved? and if they had never joined, they'd still have been saved? That smacks of predestination. That all the saved will eventually join their church.

I'll read up on it more. But a cursory glance says you are right.

But, to the point with joc, this still is Saved on one side and Not on the other.

Edited by DieChecker

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

That is something I had not previously know. I'll look into it.

Seems very snobbish... How does one determine if they were picked, or not? By participating in the Presbyterian Church and being baptized? If that is true then people that "convert" and are baptized then were always saved? and if they had never joined, they'd still have been saved? That smacks of predestination. That all the saved will eventually join their church.

I'll read up on it more. But a cursory glance says you are right.

But, to the point with joc, this still is Saved on one side and Not on the other.

Predestination.  My boss tells me everything that happened to me was suppose to from the start but he considers me saved because I follow Christ's teaching even though I don't believe in his divinity. Christ did have some good ideas.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, joc said:

You didn't answer my question. So, I will assume for the moment you are a Baptist...nothing wrong with that btw...but there is a Huge difference between congregational beliefs.  

For Instance:

The Baptists Theology:  When you are 'saved'...you are forgiven, not just for sins of the past, but also for sins of the future...you are at that point under an 'umbrella of Grace'.  You cannot be unsaved.  Even if you backslid into sin and ...for example...were in the act of raping someone with a knife to their throat...when shot dead by police...you will still enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.  

The Methodist Theology:  When you are saved, you are forgiven of all past transgressions.  It is up to you to live in faith and ....sin no more.  If however, you do sin....you must confess your sin to God, and ask for his forgiveness.  If you backslide into sin...for example: same as above...while committing rape...shot dead by police....then you 'died in your sins' and because no sin shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, and you were not forgiven because you never confessed and asked for forgiveness...you will go to Hell.

Presby:  As Piney said....if God has all knowledge, then he knew before the foundations of the Earth who would be saved and who would not.  

Catholic:  You must confess your sins before a Priest...and do pentance...and you are saved from Hell...until the next time you sin...so...go to mass often and confess to the Priest as a regular thing to ensure your salvation.

Speaking strictly within the Realm of The Bible...none of that makes a damn bit off sense.  The only scenario that makes sense is what the Bible actually says...that all Humanity was cursed by the sin of Adam and Eve.  When Jesus asked The Father for forgiveness for 'them'...because we were clueless...that ended the curse of Adam.  We are therefore no longer under the curse and consequently we have no sin to be forgiven of.  We are all saved...by the Grace of God.  

So ....Saved is Saved .....not so much...please tell me...which of the above scenarios of belief do you prescribe to?

Well, putting the various Spiritual reactions to Sin aside. Once each person is judged... they go to Heaven, or Hell. That's the short of it. Baptists go to Heaven, or Hell. They don't wander the Earth, or go to Melmac, or Valhalla. There is only the two end choices.

Those who are saved go to Heaven. Even with your examples, that is true. In each case the definition of who is saved changes, but not the end result of what happens to the saved.

I would agree that going off the Bible, Jesus said the way was narrow, however he also said all could be saved if they follow him and ask to be forgiven for their failures.

What I prescribe to is that we are all already saved. We simply have to accept Jesus as the origin of that Salvation, and repent of any negative actions (sins) that we do. IMHO, this can all be done right there at the Final Judgement. I don't think that is a 100% go to Heaven for everyone however. I think Jesus is going to eyeball Hitler and such and just wave them into the Incinerator line.

I believe I'd fall under Evangelicalism.

Evangelicalism[edit]

Belief in the New Birth is an essential and distinctive element of Evangelical Christianity.[37][38][39] For Evangelical Christians, the new birth always occurs before baptism.[40] For some churches, it is synonymous with the Baptism with the Holy Spirit; however, it is considered a distinct experience in Pentecostalism, the Charismatic Movement, and the Neo-charismatic movement.[41][42]

"Although many evangelicals allow that conversion can be a process, generally they see it as a specific, identifiable moment of time when a person simply and sincerely trusts in Jesus Christ as savior."[6] They understand Romans 10:9 to indicate a requirement of salvation: "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." So, "to be born again" means "to be saved" because to be saved, one must confess Jesus is Lord with one's mouth and believe it in one's heart. Also, to be born again means to follow Romans 10:10 that "with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved".[43]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_again

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Guyver said:

You're basically saying that God is insane - but you don't even know it.  

Assuming God is real, His actions are so beyond us that it very well could look like insanity from our angle.

A dog seeing a human throw pizza scraps into the trash, because they have mold on them, would seem crazy to the dog.

Or better... a flea... What could a flea understand in the daily actions of a human?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2014 at 11:51 PM, and then said:

I recently finished a book by Joel Richardson on the topic and the proofs he puts forward are astounding. They fly completely in the face of accepted doctrine from the past 100 years or so. Please allow this to be a civil discussion - no bashing intended or allowed. Those interested in eschatology can discuss this earnestly without such behavior.

The accepted interpretation of the origin of the AC has been that he will lead a ten nation confederation based in Rome but Richardson's work disputes this carefully and I'm having trouble finding holes in his reasoning. Help if you can.

Mystery Babylon. I think that it's very possible that there's a powerful influence in this world that rejected God from the beginning, same as Cain did. I think the same as Babylon tried to rule the world. I think there's people who hide what they truly believe from the general public.I think that there really is no in between.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/11/17/the-dark-secrets-behind-the-popes-audience-hall-its-a-giant-reptilian/