Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 11
and then

Will the Antichrist be from Europe?

1,113 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, joc said:

There seems to be a flaw somewhere in your thought process.  I think it is along the lines of , You cannot prove a negative. 

I think this is a flaw in your thought process. Lets just logically... say that someone claims you are not a male - it is a negative proposition. You can drop the pants and prove  that they are wrong if they are.

Edited by Mr. Argon
2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

I think this is a flaw in your thought process. Lets just logically... say that someone claims you are not a male - it is a negative proposition. You can drop the pants and prove  that they are wrong if they are.

They say...you are not a male...I say...I am indeed.  The question of proof there is on me to prove that I am...and so I do.

or

The Being standing beside me is from the moon of Mars known on Earth as Titan.  I say, prove it.  You say, Prove that he isn't.

See the difference?

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, joc said:

They say...you are not a male...I say...I am indeed.  The question of proof there is on me to prove that I am...and so I do.

or

The Being standing beside me is from the moon of Mars known on Earth as Titan.  I say, prove it.  You say, Prove that he isn't.

See the difference?

Yes, of course i see the difference. Some things are not easy to prove. I agree on that, and that what is not easy to prove belongs to a domain of belief or disbelief. Not into domain of negation or confirmation. That is the whole point.

2 people like this

I mean if someone vehemently claims "There is no such thing as non-material world!" -and offers no proof for the claim,

I may state the opposite with equal right to do so - and i have no proof either. There are serious scientific indications in quantum physics which strongy suggest that there are indeed realms of non-materiality. It was discussed on certain topics, and those who find it flawed... what can i say. They can only believe that material world is all there is.

Edited by Mr. Argon
2 people like this

15 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Yes, of course i see the difference. Some things are not easy to prove. I agree on that, and that what is not easy to prove belongs to a domain of belief or disbelief. Not into domain of negation or confirmation. That is the whole point.

Things that CAN be proven...the domain of Provable Belief.

Things that Can NOT be proven...the domain of Un-Provable Belief.

I live in the Domain of Provable Belief.

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, joc said:

Things that CAN be proven...the domain of Provable Belief.

Things that can be proven and are proven are not in a domain of belief anymore. They are in a domain of knowledge.

Some things appear hard to prove like it was hard to prove that Earth moves around the Sun, because when viewed from Earth the idea that the Earth moves around the Sun looked quite ludicrous and hard to prove.

Edited by Mr. Argon
3 people like this

53 minutes ago, joc said:

..I can see it...smell it...touch it...feel it..hear it.  

Atamarie Sir.. xx

I can do these sensory things with the Material, or physical , like you can, 

And Energetically too, or Spiritually.

I am in Tune with Both Realities..

And, this is not just because I say it is so, it is also Because I KNOW it is so..

Peace to you Mr Joc..

Mo..xx

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Atamarie Sir.. xx

I can do these sensory things with the Material, or physical , like you can, 

And Energetically too, or Spiritually.

I am in Tune with Both Realities..

And, this is not just because I say it is so, it is also Because I KNOW it is so..

Peace to you Mr Joc..

Mo..xx

Yeah...I've heard that before...do you know that you know that you know...something that cannot be proven?

Peace to you as well Mo

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Things that can be proven and are proven are not in a domain of belief anymore. They are in a domain of knowledge.

Some things appear hard to prove like it was hard to prove that Earth moves around the Sun, because when viewed from Earth the idea that the Earth moves around the Sun looked quite ludicrous and hard to prove.

And some things are unprovable....so please stop asking us to prove that something is unprovable.  Again, it is always on the other one to prove that something is....not for us to prove that it isn't.

2 people like this

Just now, joc said:

And some things are unprovable..

Which things are unprovable?

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, joc said:

Yeah...I've heard that before...do you know that you know that you know...something that cannot be proven?

Peace to you as well Mo

LOOOLL!!!

Awesomeness....

Some....Thing can be proven, and The Unseen is Experience and Knowledge..

Also ENERGY.....thats been proven ...yes??

And that is what I work with..

Energy...!!!

Peace to you also Sir..xx

Mo..xx

3 people like this

2 hours ago, MauriOra said:

LOOOLL!!!

Awesomeness....

Some....Thing can be proven, and The Unseen is Experience and Knowledge..

Also ENERGY.....thats been proven ...yes??

And that is what I work with..

Energy...!!!

Peace to you also Sir..xx

Mo..xx

I know.  But you are involved with the Energy of things that are conceptual at best. Nothing wrong with that. Just saying.

Actually, I view the Universe as Infinite Energy, manifesting in an infinite number of forms, on an infinite number of levels, for an infinite number of reasons...few of which I am privy to.  I think the difference between you and I is...I put parameters around that definition.  For instance, 'infinite number of forms' means...an infinite number of  'physical' forms such as 'the wind' blowing 'the leaves' on 'the tree'.  An infinite number of levels means...for instance, the awareness of a Bull Frog or the awareness of a Komodo Dragon or an EarthWorm.   An infinite number of reasons...why the wind blows...where the tree is...etc.

Then, there is the Ethereal Plane Energy.  Unprovable...but not really.  It too is very real...but again...it exists within the parameters of the Physical Reality.   The magnetic forces at play in the Universe...not just in our own Solar System but throughout the Cosmos.  There are ...as you say...Things seen and Things unseen.  

There is also the Dark Energy.  The actual stuff that the 'space' between the stars is made up of.  Some believe it to be nothing...but there actually is no such thing as 'nothing'.  

But when you get into the 'spiritual world'...if there is anything that exists like Ghosts, etc., ...again...it is all physical manifestations.  For example...our brains put out alpha waves....who knows how these are intensified and swirled around by the magnetics of the Universe.  Can't prove they are at all...can't prove that they are not either.  So...my state of mind of reality revolves around that which can be proven...and I just don't spend much time on what cannot.

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, joc said:

I know.  But you are involved with the Energy of things that are conceptual at best. Nothing wrong with that. Just saying.

Actually, I view the Universe as Infinite Energy, manifesting in an infinite number of forms, on an infinite number of levels, for an infinite number of reasons...few of which I am privy to.  I think the difference between you and I is...I put parameters around that definition.  For instance, 'infinite number of forms' means...an infinite number of  'physical' forms such as 'the wind' blowing 'the leaves' on 'the tree'.  An infinite number of levels means...for instance, the awareness of a Bull Frog or the awareness of a Komodo Dragon or an EarthWorm.   An infinite number of reasons...why the wind blows...where the tree is...etc.

Then, there is the Ethereal Plane Energy.  Unprovable...but not really.  It too is very real...but again...it exists within the parameters of the Physical Reality.   The magnetic forces at play in the Universe...not just in our own Solar System but throughout the Cosmos.  There are ...as you say...Things seen and Things unseen.  

There is also the Dark Energy.  The actual stuff that the 'space' between the stars is made up of.  Some believe it to be nothing...but there actually is no such thing as 'nothing'.  

But when you get into the 'spiritual world'...if there is anything that exists like Ghosts, etc., ...again...it is all physical manifestations.  For example...our brains put out alpha waves....who knows how these are intensified and swirled around by the magnetics of the Universe.  Can't prove they are at all...can't prove that they are not either.  So...my state of mind of reality revolves around that which can be proven...and I just don't spend much time on what cannot.

Atamarie Mr Joc..

Thankyou very much for this my friend...

This is brilliantly articulated and I absolutely understand your view..

Again Wow..

I'll leave it at that..

And again...Brilliant..

Props to you Dude..!!!

Mo..xx

3 people like this