Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese man first to sue government over smog

Still Waters

A Chinese man in a smoggy northern city has become the first person in the country to sue the government for failing to curb air pollution, a state-run newspaper reported on Tuesday.

http://www.haaretz.c.../world/1.576259

Good for him. I doubt it will do much good in the end, but I'm pleased to see that people are starting to stand up to that oppressive government.

I was in Hong Kong last year; and the smog was bad even there. Despite being a very green city themselves, the smog and pollution just comes in on the wind, sometimes making the roads almost impassible it gets so thick. I was 'lucky' for the majority of the trip because I was there when Typhoon Utor hit and the rain and winds kept most of it out for the duration of my stay; but I have relatives who live there and I know it's bad. Something needs to be done!

• Like 1

Bet the court won't even accept his lawsuit and if they do hope he doesn't disappear.

"We can put you somewhere where the pollution is the last of your worries if you like"

"Ummm, no thanks, on second thought I'll just invest in a mask or seven".

"Good man. Here, the government sells masks. Buy some"

• Like 2