Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Holes Or Black Orbs?

rapture

What distinguishes a black hole from an orb( a white hole); and could there be a possible relationship between the two? If orbs suddenly appeared dark... would they be considered miniature black holes?

Edited by rapture
  • Like 1

I really don't think you'd want to be in the room with a miniature black hole - or on the planet for that matter.

• Like 2

or in the solar system since the miniature will grow and grow to a point

• Like 2

What distinguishes a black hole from an orb( a white hole); and could there be a possible relationship between the two?

If orbs suddenly appeared dark... would they be considered miniature black holes?

index_zpsfbf47f4e.jpg

• Like 5

What distinguishes a black hole from an orb( a white hole); and could there be a possible relationship between the two? If orbs suddenly appeared dark... would they be considered miniature black holes?

Not sure it's the right place to post this thread, we are in the Extraterrestrial Life & UFO Phenomenon section of the forum.

That said, orbs typically appear in flash pictures and are considered by scientists and most paranormal investigators to be dusts, water particules, bugs or light reflections. Some people claim to have seen colored orbs with their own eyes but aside from anecdotical evidence there is no proof to support that.

Therefore I will have to say that even though black holes are certainly not thoroughly understood in physics, what we call ''orbs'' in pictures and sightings have no astrophysical origin whatsoever.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

I may be wrong but I thought orbs were something to do with ghosts or spirits and black holes are dead stars eating their way through the universe!? :w00t: Can ghosts escape black holes???

• Like 1

I may be wrong but I thought orbs were something to do with ghosts or spirits and black holes are dead stars eating their way through the universe!? :w00t: Can ghosts escape black holes???

Quite right but orbs are actually a natural phenomenon mesinterpreted for ghosts and spirits. I've never seen a picture of orbs that couldn't be explained by dusts or water particules, bugs flying around or light reflections.

I am not seeing the link with black holes though... Even if we assume that ''orbs'' should be some kind of entities appearing on digital camera. The theory of black holes is basically that of matters packed so tightly with a gravitation pull so strong that nothing can escape it and that include light. I don't think that's what appear on camera..

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

The difference between a black hole and a black orb is that one is a hole and one is an orb

thread_cannot_be_saved_by_kittens.jpg Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

There is a high probability... that their is a definite relationship between micro-mini black holes and flying saucers, which also can be enclosed in various lighted fusion plasma fields; contained by two magnetic fields surrounding the starship. The color level depends on the power ratings: bluish-white --- for high energy power levels for extreme speeds, fiery reddish orange --- for low speeds, takeoff/landings and offensive/defensive OP's.

Google: Black hole starships

The only possible method for interstellar travel that has 100% complete energy transfer from engine to the thruster's --- is the use of a micro-mini black hole, that safely confines to itself on or near the starship. Whether Hawking gamma radiation is used to propel the starship is an option.

But my own pet theory...is that the micro-mini black hole is confined on the starship/saucer itself. The black hole could be a product from the likes of a type of Cern accelerator, or the harvesting of a tiny piece from a rogue mini black hole, that has been torn to bits by an antimatter bomb.

The BH {black hole} piece is taken to a refinery by a tractor beam on some isolated asteroid --- crushed into tiny pieces --- and possibly refined into a electrostatic bottom hull plate of a saucer starship.

The black hole propulsion unit would have the ability to attract starlight photons from an open port, that funnels the photons to the black hole propulsion unit, and expels the photons from one or two of it's magnetic poles with extreme thrust --- increasing speed exponentially squared --- to the speed of light barrier an on into the superluminal realm.

In places that lack starlight --- such as on dark alien world's --- that black hole propulsion unit would need a small amount of fuel --- such as seawater ---- which is injected between the two magnetic fields, surrounding the starship. The seawater is compressed by one magnetic field against the other --- until the deuterium atoms ignite in a fusion plasma fury. The resulting photons are fed into the black hole propulsion unit.

Stephen Hawking has recently proposed...that their is no event horizon near the back hole, but an "apparent horizon," that has the ability to eject matter --- including light photons {no rest mass} near the speed of light.

Edited by Erno86

Haven't mini black holes been created in the LHC?

I speculate that the LHC has not produced a microscopic black hole yet...but it's within the realm of possibility. If they did...it would evaporate very quickly, while giving off Hawking gamma radiation.

Micro black holes aren't even stable, the evaporate into quantum particles faster then they can grow. There needs to be some minimum critical mass necessary for even a small black hole to be stable.

Even if micro black holes should be formed in these collisions, it is expected that they would evaporate in about 10−25 seconds, posing no threat to the Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

In principle, a black hole can have any mass equal to or above the Planck mass (about 22 micrograms).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole

Unfortunately (or maybe NOT), it would require an extreme amount of energy to create a Planck mass black hole, so I don't think we'll be seeing one soon here on Earth.

They would have to spin up something almost the size of a grain of rice to a large fraction of the speed of light. (Very roughly)

Black Hole = Collapsed matter

White Hole = Never seen before

Orb = Floating ball of light (Supposedly)

Dark Orb = Camera error (My best guess)

Though I have never seen a picture that was called a dark orb...

• Like 1

White holes are not black orbs, they cannot be entered from the outside, which makes them the opposite of a black hole.

You're description sounds like you are talking about primordial black holes and black holes.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Ohh PLEASE, they haven't even produced the dragons they promised, do you really expect them to have done some science gobble-de-nonsense if they can't even do that?!?

• Like 1

Micro black holes aren't even stable, the evaporate into quantum particles faster then they can grow. There needs to be some minimum critical mass necessary for even a small black hole to be stable.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Black_hole

http://en.wikipedia....icro_black_hole

Unfortunately (or maybe NOT), it would require an extreme amount of energy to create a Planck mass black hole, so I don't think we'll be seeing one soon here on Earth.

They would have to spin up something almost the size of a grain of rice to a large fraction of the speed of light. (Very roughly)

Ya I do agree with you..Such black hole needs huge amount of energy which is nearly impossible on earth..

A black hole is a collapsed star, compressed down to a very tiny space, with an escape velocity at or stronger than the speed of light.

An orb is a out of focus insect, dust particle, whatnot that show up on amateur pictures and are claimed to be spiritual/ghostly/supernatural thingamajiggers by those unwilling to accept a bit of truth or do a modicum of research.

Depends on if ghosts are made of matter or anything that can be affected by gravity. Since they aren't real, I suspect a ghost could escape a black hole quite easily.

There is a high probability... that their is a definite relationship between micro-mini black holes and flying saucers...

With the exception that "flying saucers" as in being alien, unidentified flying objects, have not been proven to exist at all.

• Like 1