Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Muslim family day out at Legoland cancelled

thedutchiedutch

Legoland Windsor has called off the day out for the Muslim Research and Development Foundation after taking advice from Thames Valley Police.

The Sunday Express revealed 10 days ago that far right thugs from the English Defence League and the neo-Nazi linked Casuals United had been threatening a demonstration at the outing on March 9.

Far right protestors, Windsor residents and a local Ukip councillor had asked Legoland to cancel the group’s private booking because it is run by by Haitham al-Haddad, who has been banned from speaking at a number of British universities due to his anti-Western views.

Link to full article : http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/461968/Muslim-family-day-out-at-Legoland-CANCELLED-after-park-targeted-by-far-right-protestors

• Like 1

Legoland Windsor has called off the day out for the Muslim Research and Development Foundation after taking advice from Thames Valley Police.

The Sunday Express revealed 10 days ago that far right thugs from the English Defence League and the neo-Nazi linked Casuals United had been threatening a demonstration at the outing on March 9.

Far right protestors, Windsor residents and a local Ukip councillor had asked Legoland to cancel the group’s private booking because it is run by by Haitham al-Haddad, who has been banned from speaking at a number of British universities due to his anti-Western views.

Link to full article : http://www.express.c...ight-protestors

If the EDL is so offensive why are they not banned? I know little of them except they remind me of a cross between the KKK and labor union thugs ;) Do they commit crimes in their protests? Or is their greatest offense, being non PC? From the little I've seen of them they appear to be the only one's with cajones enough to say what most are thinking.
  • Like 3

The EDL are a bunch of low brow ex-football hooligans who found a new excuse to fight on the streets. Scum.

Br Cornelius

Whereas Blair,Bush and the rest of the warmongering trash didn't walk the streets with racist placards...they sent armies to slaughter thousands of innocent bystanders.

• Like 1

Regardless of how some people feel about this oranization I would not have cooperated by cancelling were I the legoland director. I would simply reschedule and asked the group to keep hush about the date so the kids could have a good time. What the heck is wrong with people these days?

• Like 6

Whereas Blair,Bush and the rest of the warmongering trash didn't walk the streets with racist placards...they sent armies to slaughter thousands of innocent bystanders.

I could not disagree with that - but it does nothing to redeem the EDL.

Br Cornelius

The question surely has to be what the heck was Haitham al-Haddad doing, booking a day out at a western styled amusement park, very strange for a hate preacher whose well known for his anti western rhetoric, just goes to show, He holds anti western views, but doesn't mind living here, sampling the freedom, and enjoyment that it offers.

• Like 2

The question surely has to be what the heck was Haitham al-Haddad doing, booking a day out at a western styled amusement park, very strange for a hate preacher whose well known for his anti western rhetoric, just goes to show, He holds anti western views, but doesn't mind living here, sampling the freedom, and enjoyment that it offers.

Actually there are 3 legolands in Malaysia and Malaysia has a large Muslim population, does it not? (65%)

Legos have got to be fun no matter where you're from.

Edited by OverSword

The EDL are a bunch of low brow ex-football hooligans who found a new excuse to fight on the streets. Scum.

Br Cornelius

That is an insult to Football Hooligans.. The EDL are nothing but pond-life, they are not fighting for any cause they are just a bunch cowardly thugs.

• Like 1

Actually there are 3 legolands in Malaysia and Malaysia has a large Muslim population, does it not? (65%)

I never once mentioned religion, you seem to have jumped the gun, my point was about the Anti Western views, the hate, He doesn't mind living here, swanning around, going for days out etc. most probably out for a nice day at legoland followed by a evening of hate preaching. i could expand it by saying i bet he drove a western manufactured car to legoland. in short lives a western style life and everything that goes with that - but preachers against it, irony at its best.

so it really doesn't matter what religion he is. or if Malaysia has 200 legolands. or 100% moslem population. irrelevant to what i posted.

Isn't that the case for all of the hate preachers, anti-western hatred but enjoy the freedom and safety this country offers them along with the free benefits, health and education.

He was probably going to blow Lego White house and Lego Parliament up on a practice run.

• Like 1

Lego is far from fun when you stand on them with bare feet.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Its Lego not Legos :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

;)

• Like 1

Its Lego not Legos :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

;)

We had this argument in the Alternative History section actually. The person on the recieving end starting rabbiting on about the way the portmanteau was created etc.

• Like 1

We had this argument in the Alternative History section actually. The person on the recieving end starting rabbiting on about the way the portmanteau was created etc.

So who came out on top?

I do believe i did :tu:

http://www.unexplain...c=261674&st=180

from #189 to 199

Not really the argument I was looking for... I was moaning that the plural of Lego is Lego, so you don't refer to a group of lego blocks as Legos but still just Lego.

But after this...

Lego does not mean leggen (thats not even a word in Danish), its called lego because it is an abreviation of "Leg godt" (play well).

Every child in Denmark knows that !

I would agree that you are the man to ask. :tu:

Edited by Junior Chubb

I think you'll find that the police where not worried about violence - or intimidation - from the EDL. Rather, they where worried about UAF (Unite Against Fascism) running a counter-demonstration, and the UAF are VERY intimidating, and VERY violent.

You frequently see headlines about "violence at EDL rally", implying that the EDL are thugs. (and admittedly their appearance is often against them). However, a few lines down into the article it is usually (reluctantly) mentioned that it was UAF that initiated the violence.